Scott Arfield....

Walter Bishop

Walter Bishop

I have heard from someone within Falkirk F.C. we have made enquiries for this player. Anyone heard similar?

jamboinglasgow

I would be pleased if we got him, a very promising player who is talented despite his young years. Though doubt he would be cheap.

Walter Bishop
Would imagine outwith our financial reach at this time.

?250K plus Clum is what im led to believe.

?250K plus Clum is what im led to believe.

Good deal for both clubs imo

Reckon Elliot will do well in the SPL for someone

Just asked one of the Falkirk coaching staff.

He's contracted to 2001 and falkirk want ?800k for him.

Doubt it.

Agree.

Still think they'd be looking for a fee in the region of ?1m though, and they're not in any great need of strikers.

But Clum is worth at least a mill ;)

Reckon we will see one or two young Scottish players coming in but no where near the quality of Arfield. He is a very good prospect - very good.

Doubt it.

He's went 7 years without a contract? We can sign him now in that case ;)

Sexton Hardcastle

Doubt it.

In the for the long haul.

2010 even.

loveofthegame
I don't think Arfield would see Hearts as a step forward tbh.

I beg to differ. I doubt we'll pay what Falkirk want but i refuse to believe that any player wouldn't see Hearts as a step above Falkirk.

Few premiership teams have been sniffing around him so I've heard.

Hearts wouldn't be a step forward in his eyes.

Doubt it.

Aye, yous all spotted my deliberate mistake then.........2011

I beg to differ. I doubt we'll pay what Falkirk want but i refuse to believe that any player wouldn't see Hearts as a step above Falkirk.

For an average player like Steve Lovell it would be a step forward, for someone with Arfield's potential, it wouldn't.

He'll have his eyes on a bigger club.

loveofthegame
For an average player like Steve Lovell it would be a step forward, for someone with Arfield's potential, it wouldn't.

He'll have his eyes on a bigger club.

It'd still be a step forward though. I see where you're coming from in terms of he may be aiming higher, just don't agree with your choice of words. Hearts is a step up from Falkirk no matter who you are and how good you are, just may not be as big a step up as he is capable of making.

In terms of wages, stadium, attendances, league positions, chances of winning a cup and training facilities Hearts are a far bigger club than Falkirk will ever be a therefore definitely a step forward.

Would imagine outwith our financial reach at this time.

Good deal for both clubs imo

I take it the wind must have changed in the 6 minutes between these posts?:rolleyes:

jamboinglasgow
It'd still be a step forward though. I see where you're coming from in terms of he may be aiming higher, just don't agree with your choice of words. Hearts is a step up from Falkirk no matter who you are and how good you are, just may not be as big a step up as he is capable of making.

In terms of wages, stadium, attendances, league positions, chances of winning a cup and training facilities Hearts are a far bigger club than Falkirk will ever be a therefore definitely a step forward.

I can trust that a private chat with Csaba can make him want to come here.

Never in doubt and never will be in doubt. We're far bigger than any of the mugs outwith the Old Firm, but when it comes to promising players in this league they will always have their eyes on a bigger prize. Unless we catch them early enough.

I have heard from someone within Falkirk F.C. we have made enquiries for this player. Anyone heard similar?

When you say 'within Falkirk FC' do you mean a player or did this just come from a supporter?

I dont believe Hearts have the financial clout any more or the potential to attract a player of Arfield's calibre.

Cant see this one happening.

Horatio Caine
I can trust that a private chat with Csaba can make him want to come here.

A private chat with Csaba would probably take up to the end of his contract.

I take it the wind must have changed in the 6 minutes between these posts?:rolleyes:

Um the two comments are not mutually exclusive.

A poster posted we were after him - I posted outwith our financial reach I would imagine

A second post then said it was 250k plus Arfield - I said good deal if true.

As far as I can tell there is no contradiction in these terms etc, one might think your just clutching at straws and trolling for a reaction.:rolleyes:

Um the two comments are not mutually exclusive.

A poster posted we were after him - I posted outwith our financial reach I would imagine

A second post then said it was 250k plus Arfield - I said good deal if true.

As far as I can tell there is no contradiction in these terms etc, one might think your just clutching at straws and trolling for a reaction.:rolleyes:

Either that or one might think you never had a clue what was in /out of our financial reach in the first place?

Hmmm, I'll let the viewers decide.

BTW, you accusing anyone else of trolling for a reaction really snatches the Hob-Nobs.

Oh, and ?250K plus Arfield......for Arfield - that really is too good a deal to miss!:P:p

Either that or one might think you never had a clue what was in /out of our financial reach in the first place?

Hmmm, I'll let the viewers decide.

BTW, you accusing anyone else of trolling for a reaction really snatches the Hob-Nobs.

Csaba told fans last night we had to sell before we can buy, there has also been regular posts about the fact we are cost cutting therefore I dont think its unreasonable to suggest a player who would cost at least 500k, probably nearer a million, and about our record fee would be out of our financial reach.

Possibly with Elliot involved there is more chance of it happening, but I dont think we can or will buy Arfield unless the fee is greatly reduced involving a player swap.

Do you think we can afford to pay the full asking price for him in cash?

Cant see it tbh, would love for us to get him though.

I wonder if Falkirk would have reservations with dealing with us?

Cant see it tbh, would love for us to get him though.

I wonder if Falkirk would have reservations with dealing with us?

Any club would have.

After the Genk and Webster Fiasco, including our own salaries not being paid I would be amazed if any club would agree to transfer a player without the full price being paid up front. I.e no scaled payments.

I can see falkirk dealing with us, but I think even with elliot we need to find a few hundred K and I think it depends on the sacrifice that has to be made to find that money whether its worth dealing.

We dont really need another midfielder, would it be worth it if say we lost wallace or berra to finance it, or it meant no deal for Bruno?

I just can't see it, we have allegedly been after SPL players for a few seasons and they never happen.

Charlie-Brown

You need to identify scott arfield at age 16-17 & buy him at a fraction of the cost compared to age 19-20 & already on big clubs radar & much more expensive.

Mods - Gullit Lounge for this please. :mad:

Until Falkirk let us know the asking price....................

It's not very often I can post to a thread with a bombproof source - today I can, my physio Kenny is also one of the two first team physios at Falkirk.

Hearts have not enquired and even if they did the young lad has his sights set higher.

Falkirk have an impressive set-up at Stirling University, not unlike our own arrangement at Herriot Watt albeit on a slightly smaller scale. Arfield is happy to develop where he is with the coaching staff and facilities that have got him this far.

It's not very often I can post to a thread with a bombproof source - today I can, my physio Kenny is also one of the two first team physios at Falkirk.

Hearts have not enquired and even if they did the young lad has his sights set higher.

Falkirk have an impressive set-up at Stirling University, not unlike our own arrangement at Herriot Watt albeit on a slightly smaller scale. Arfield is happy to develop where he is with the coaching staff and facilities that have got him this far.

Knowing Scott very well i know that if and when he is to move on he will get the best deal for falkirk which means loads of cash if possible!! That alone pretty much rule's us out!!

Arfield is the one of the most overrated youngsters in the SPL.

Kingston, Driver, Ruben, Bruno even Stewart > Arfield

Let's concentrate on renewing contracts rather than buy overpriced gash.

Drylaw Hearts
You need to identify scott arfield at age 16-17 & buy him at a fraction of the cost compared to age 19-20 & already on big clubs radar & much more expensive.

If we want to maintain a challenge for 3rd place then only signing 16-17 year olds is not the answer.

However...

If you want to do nothing for 4 or 5 years then it's probably the best the way to go.

Knowing Scott very well i know that if and when he is to move on he will get the best deal for falkirk which means loads of cash if possible!! That alone pretty much rule's us out!!

Kenny rates the lad very highly as a player and as a person, so that doesn't surprise me in the least busby.

Csaba told fans last night we had to sell before we can buy, there has also been regular posts about the fact we are cost cutting therefore I dont think its unreasonable to suggest a player who would cost at least 500k, probably nearer a million, and about our record fee would be out of our financial reach.

Possibly with Elliot involved there is more chance of it happening, but I dont think we can or will buy Arfield unless the fee is greatly reduced involving a player swap.

Prancer you are quite right with your first paragraph but what if (and it's only a "what if") we have already agreed a fee in principle for one or more of our players eg Berra, Kingston, Nade, Kari) to be finalised in the January window. That would put a different complexion on things.

Dont listen to him he's a hobo.

badly drawn boy

Don't believe it , the boy has established himself as a top young player and it will take more than what we would be prepared to offer , for the club to sell him on

I would imagine also , he would be in no rush to sign for us

I see him in a Colin Cameron or Paul Hartley mould - he could be as good as either of them.

More realistic targets for us (IMO): S. Smith (Rangers), Scobbie (Falkirk), Dorman (St. Mirren), Porter, G. Smith & Hughes (Motherwell), Easton & McArthur (Hamilton), Cowie (Inverness), Wright, Fowler & Taouil (Kilmarnock).

Careful mate, I got a good few dissenting views for listing a bunch of the above as prospective targets a few months ago!

As for Arfield, I agree with those saying that I would love us to sign him but do not expect us to sign him.

jamboinglasgow

I agree with that. Falkirk have a very good set-up for the youth and they are going for a similar set-up to Hearts. As you say they have the uni arrangement as hearts at a uni that has sports specilaists. They have a manager that knows how to play youth in Hughes.

Think them and us will over the next few seasons will be seen to the leading teams in Scotland for youth.

Archived