Scott Severin

andrew

I see Severin is out of contract at the end of the season. Aberdeen have basically said that if he wants away then they'd rather let him go in Jan for a nominal fee and get a replacement in straight away.

Given that there's a good chance Karipidis could be away back to Greece in the summer (he's just had a kid and wanted to move home last summer) Seve would be a fantastic replacement.

Thoughts?

No thanks

Not that great a player, always struck me that he developed quite young and less in his later years with us.

He can do a job for an SPL team, but for the money involved I think there is better to be found, do we really need another defensive minded midfielder anyway?

I've heard he is going to Hibs, from a decent source BTW.

Don't be ridicolous

He's a midfielder, hibs don't sign midfielders :P

FFS! Lets take a step forward rather than backwards. Decent sweeper as thats the only place where his pace will not be found wanting.

:(

think he'd be good addition to squad as defensive midfielder and as an experienced player that can play CB but not sure if we should move for him in january.

Think seve would jump at the chance to come back so wait till end of the season and see what karipidis is doing first and pick hi up of a free if possible.

Always the chance you'll lose out to a mediocre english team but whats the harm as he wouldn't be a massive improvment on what we have already IMO.

Is this the same Scott Severin who turned his back on us because he wanted a mega bucks move to a 'bigger club' and ended up at Aberdeen? No thanks.

BTW he's never rediscovered the sort of form that he showed when he was at Hearts, he is pretty average at best TBH.

Think he'd be a step backwards tbh. Can't say i've ever liked him after the way he left saying he wanted to move to a bigger club and then backtracking and signing for aberdeen after no offers came his way.

we've got enough decent centre midfielders at the club now. don't need any more

I think we could do a lot worse.

Buffalo Bill

Totally agree

Seve continous to be one of Aberdeens best players and is more than capable of holding his own in the SPL

If the wages were right I would take him back tomorrow

I'm not like Seve's greatest fan or anything, but I would say he's been one of the main reasons why Aberdeen have finished above us three seasons out of the last four; and anyone who knows me personally will tell you I hate those feckers.

I'm not suggesting we go get him, but he sure fits the bill from what Csaba said last night.

Buffalo Bill

Thig Ar Latha
Is this the same Scott Severin who turned his back on us because he wanted a mega bucks move to a 'bigger club' and ended up at Aberdeen? No thanks.

BTW he's never rediscovered the sort of form that he showed when he was at Hearts, he is pretty average at best TBH.

Fair enough, but look at the state of his Team mates!

FWIT, I would be delighted to see him back. He can add some bite to what can be a lightweight midfield some times. Also has one hell of a shot.

tommythejambo

As muich as I liked Sevvy, why not just play Jonsson where Karapidis is playing now and save ourselves the cash?

Met him once in one of the places in George St, he was with McKenna and came across as a totally arogant c**k. Was half-pished and talking tom-kite, not a good addition to the squad IMHO....

And we likely will.

Severin is pushing 30 and does not tick all the boxes in VR's indentikit of a footballer.

It's probably his last chance of a big pay packet so he'll head south to the EPL.

And we likely will.

Severin is pushing 30 and does not tick all the boxes in VR's indentikit of a footballer.

It's probably his last chance of a big pay packet so he'll head south to the EPL.

EPL?

The Championship at best. Preston or Burnley, they seem to like Scottish players.

I will check with my source and will get back to you.

Buffalo Bill

Sorry, that would be a lot worse, backward step, just like Maybury, not good enough for Hreart of Midlothian, FACT.

No thanks.

Prefer to play younger players we already have - at least they won't be gasping for oxygen after 10 minutes.....:rolleyes:

badly drawn boy

Speedbump though it would suit him for a number of reasons , i cant see the green mob paying a salary sufficient to entice the Aberdeen captain to sign his last contract with them

He is and has been a decent player but you would have to question the lack of pace which i think is evident now

For us i would also think its a bit of a backward step to be paying the kind of figures he will be after with no return /sell on fee , doesn't sit with the club ethos

Sorry, that would be a lot worse, backward step, just like Maybury, not good enough for Hreart of Midlothian, FACT.

Can't stand people that finish off their opinions with the word 'FACT'.

Completely overlooked the fact that Hearts have finished behind aberdeen for the past couple of seasons... FACT!

FWIW I'd happily take Seve, Aluko, Miller and even Mackie (he at least knows where the goal is) s they have all shown themselves to be very good players in the spl.... and Maybury could still do a job for us!

FWIW.... FACT:eek:

Thig Ar Latha
Can't stand people that finish off their opinions with the word 'FACT'.

Completely overlooked the fact that Hearts have finished behind aberdeen for the past couple of seasons... FACT!

FWIW I'd happily take Seve, Aluko, Miller and even Mackie (he at least knows where the goal is) s they have all shown themselves to be very good players in the spl.... and Maybury could still do a job for us!

FWIW.... FACT:eek:

I was beleiving you till you mentioned Mackie. Heidless Chicken at best. FACT

He'd do a very decent job at CH.

I've always thought that was his best position. Not enough pace to play CM but reads the game well enough to play at the back.

He's still under 30 and would give our squad a wee bit more experience, so I'd probably take him back.

I think Seve would be a good addition for centre half/sweeper and sometime defensive midfielder. We could do a lot worse, I suppose its whether or not we could do better.

I have no issues with him having left previously to try and better himself/earn more money. Shame he ended up at Aberdeen. In a word.. Yes.

Archived