Csaba's appeal: ban overturned (merged threads)

Dean Winchester

Dean Winchester

I believe it's some point today but does anyone know what time?

Whats the odds on it being increased from a 2 match touchline ban?

Colonel Kurtz

This will be interesting

Walter Smith recently slagged a linesman apparantly based on the fact his name was Murphy,and suggested that he was biased towards Celtic.

Hearts were fined for suggesing the Hun supporting linesman could have been biased....lets see the outcome

I take it Csaba gets the chance to speak to defend himself ?

the blazers wont know whats hit them.

Does that mean we won't know the outcome until about Friday? :P:p:p

"We'll reduce it to one match Csaba.... As long as you agree to finish your last sentence and not start a new one"......

Total disgrace.

The only person that should be up in front of the beaks is the 4th official.

In fact the FO should be in court on an assault charge.

:(

i think he will get the 2 match ban....at the least a one match ban.....

if it is one it will be served at parkhead, 2 and its parkhead and home to dundee utd

Can see that hearing now... "OK, OK, we'll overturn the ban - just STOP TALKING will ye!!"

If he gave those ****ers the same speech as we got last night then this was always going to be a walkover.

Buffalo Bill

Commander Harris
If he gave those ****ers the same speech as we got last night then this was always going to be a walkover.

Buffalo Bill

care to summarise for those that couldn't make it BB? don't bother if it was too long! :)

care to summarise for those that couldn't make it BB? don't bother if it was too long! :)

I think basis was that the 4th official would have to be a mind reader if he knew that Shabba was on the pitch with the intent of having a go at the ref and would be better served using this magical power making millions of money preventing crimes etc

The only reason it has been overturned, is .........

Walter Smith is the next one up, he'll get off with his rants & this is only part of their plan to stop the "'One Rule' for the 'Old Firm'" brigade from complaining. :cool:

Guest Dipped Flake

I hoped that the film of him charging on to the pitch at easter road the previous week would have shown that this was normal behaviour for Csaba but I had my doubts. Yet more good news for us, wonder how the weegia will turn this into a negative???

I wonder if the media pundits who slated him on the TV, radio and in the press will now take back their outrageous comments and apologise for being wrong. I won't hold my breath!

Guest S.U.S.S.

Aw, the conspiracy muppets on here will be gutted, im sure they had pages of, "another example of bias" posts composed and ready to go.

I wonder if the media pundits who slated him on the TV, radio and in the press will now take back their outrageous comments and apologise for being wrong. I won't hold my breath!

Great point Deevers!

Guest S.U.S.S.

Why would they?

They are allowed their opinion, its just not shared by those that mattered today.

Why would they?

They are allowed their opinion, its just not shared by those that mattered today.

Quite simply because they were wrong in their assertions about his motives for being on the pitch. Strange is it not that these same people have been extremely muted on Walter Smiths criticism of match officials.

I'm all for journalists having opinions, that's part of their job, but it always seems to me that most of them have a very myopic view of almost anything to do with Hearts.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Quite simply because they were wrong in their assertions about his motives for being on the pitch. Strange is it not that these same people have been extremely muted on Walter Smiths criticism of match officials.

I'm all for journalists having opinions, that's part of their job, but it always seems to me that most of them have a very myopic view of almost anything to do with Hearts.

And yet you or i know his motives?

He was let off because he motives were something they cannot prove, not because he wasnt after the ref.

And yet you or i know his motives?

He was let off because he motives were something they cannot prove, not because he wasnt after the ref.

Ah well, maybe you're right and it's just because they couldn't prove anything - or maybe not as the SFA are usually not to bothered about the quality of evidence on offer when it comes to do with Hearts. In any case it's excellent news that he's won his appeal.

Guest S.U.S.S.
Ah well, maybe you're right and it's just because they couldn't prove anything - or maybe not as the SFA are usually not to bothered about the quality of evidence on offer when it comes to do with Hearts. In any case it's excellent news that he's won his appeal.

Who knows their reasons! (and im sure they have a few) he got off!

And your certainly correct when you say they dont usually worry about the quality of the evidence on offer.

Im sure they will find some other way to screw us soon tho.

Of course in saying all this, i would have loved him to get his hands on the ref! CARNAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He outlined his motive last night.. ....Safe to say a certain player who missed from 2 yards out 2 minutes earlier can be thankfull that the 4th official got hold of Csaba.

Can see that hearing now... "OK, OK, we'll overturn the ban - just STOP TALKING will ye!!"

Thought exactly the same

Guest JamboRobbo

And I wonder if all those on here who claimed Csaba being called up was due to SFA bias, that Csaba would definately get a lengthy ban no matter what etc etc, will come on and apologise for being wrong. I won't hold my breath!

Guest Fabuloso
And I wonder if all those on here who claimed Csaba being called up was due to SFA bias, that Csaba would definately get a lengthy ban no matter what etc etc, will come on and apologise for being wrong. I won't hold my breath!

Well said that man. Even good news carries a rather weighty chip on the shoulders of many.

Didn't see anyone say he was called up due to bias. I thought everyone knew he was called up due to the referee reporting the incident. The media certainly expected him to get a lengthy ban for his "disgraceful" conduct...What I saw with my own eyes was an overly-officious 4th official intercept Lazlo as he went onto the pitch, gesticulate wildy and threateningly with a pointed finger in Csaba's face, and then as he tried to leave the pitch, Sandy Clark block his path and start another argument. Of course Clark was reported by the media to have been trying to calm Casba down, but placatory is just not what his facial expression and body language looked like to me...

Good news.

Let's hope he catches the next ref who crosses us with a dull one to the coupon. :P

Carl Fredrickson

The way I read the link is that the ban has been UPHELD - doesnt this mean that it still stands and has not been overturned?

Didn't see anyone say he was called up due to bias. I thought everyone knew he was called up due to the referee reporting the incident. The media certainly expected him to get a lengthy ban for his "disgraceful" conduct...What I saw with my own eyes was an overly-officious 4th official intercept Lazlo as he went onto the pitch, gesticulate wildy and threateningly with a pointed finger in Csaba's face, and then as he tried to leave the pitch, Sandy Clark block his path and start another argument. Of course Clark was reported by the media to have been trying to calm Casba down, but placatory is just not what his facial expression and body language looked like to me...

The GFA are a law unto themselves, often, IMO, flying in the face of popular opinion and basic common sense. However, in this instance I hope they have realised that this was a storm in a teacup that was GREATLY exacerbated by the clumsy and needless actions of their own 4th official.

Then again, as mentioned earlier, it may be to facilitate the smooth passage of Walter through the same channels

Archived