Serious question, genuinely interested...

Victorian

not that i expect this thread to be in evidence for very long but...

of the people who have chosen not to attend tynecastle on a point of principle, specifically for the reason that they believe that supplying cash to the current regime is the wrong thing to do...

will they be attending / will they be doing everything in their power to attend the scottish cup tie at easter road, given that some of their cash will ultimately end up at hearts?

not trolling, not making trouble, no claims along the lines of "better fan than you, him, her, it, them"....

just an honest question.

cheers. :eek:

I?d genuinely be shocked if any Hearts fan who is boycotting Tynecastle in order not to give Vlad money, goes to any away games and is content to give money to other teams.

Don't know about others but, i've not attended Easter Road for a derby match since 1996. We lost 2-1 and i vowed i'd never go back to that place again and i haven't . It'll be on telly anyway. In the 3 games we played semi-finals at Easter Road, I refused to go to the League Cuo semi in '96 v Dundee, went down for the St Johnstone League cup semi in 99, we lost 3-0 and was at the Motherwell League Cup semi in 06, again which we lost. Not been a happy hunting ground in the last decade.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

of the people who have chosen not to attend tynecastle on a point of principle, specifically for the reason that they believe that supplying cash to the current regime is the wrong thing to do...

will they be attending / will they be doing everything in their power to attend the scottish cup tie at easter road, given that some of their cash will ultimately end up at hearts?

not trolling, not making trouble, no claims along the lines of "better fan than you, him, her, it, them"....

just an honest question.

The game will probably/hopefully be shown on Sky so no need for the principled/skint folks to attend at all.

I?d genuinely be shocked if any Hearts fan who is boycotting Tynecastle in order not to give Vlad money, goes to any away games and is content to give money to other teams.

This was something I remember some very prominent and credible posters on here considering in the days before the sort-of enactment of the Jan 1 statement.

They'll be unable to get tickets.

The Old Tolbooth

I think it's almost guaranteed that people will crawl out of the woodwork to try and get a ticket, and some poor fan who attends most games will lose out somewhere, it's the nature of the beast, but the ticket office can help matters by reviewing their ticket policy.

Tiberius Stinkfinger
Don't know about others but, i've not attended Easter Road for a derby match since 1996. We lost 2-1 and i vowed i'd never go back to that place again and i haven't . It'll be on telly anyway. In the 3 games we played semi-finals at Easter Road, I refused to go to the League Cuo semi in '96 v Dundee, went down for the St Johnstone League cup semi in 99, we lost 3-0 and was at the Motherwell League Cup semi in 06, again which we lost. Not been a happy hunting ground in the last decade.

I am with you mate.

Last time i attended "that" place it was perfectly normal to urinate all over the terrace and i kinda like that memory in strange peshy kind of way.

;)

They'll be unable to get tickets.

correct you will need to be either a shareholder or a season ticket holder to get your hands on the hottest tickets in town, glory hunters have no chance of getting tickets.:walk_man:

Guest Fabuloso

just an honest question.

I kind of expected this question and it's a hard one. My view is that I wouldn't go - even if I did get a ticket. My mind drifts back to a 2-2 draw at ER not that long ago and the team was quite obviously not picked by the manager (live on TV). When the team plays well more people will want to go however I can only speak for my circle of friends (and theirs) and out of 22 non-attenders on principal only one has said he would be prepared to attend a cup-final should we ever get there. I guess this answers you're question in terms of the Hibs game.

I am with you mate.

Last time i attended "that" place it was perfectly normal to urinate all over the terrace and i kinda like that memory in strange peshy kind of way.

;)

:flag2: Aye the good old days!

Guest Fabuloso
correct you will need to be either a shareholder or a season ticket holder to get your hands on the hottest tickets in town, glory hunters have no chance of getting tickets.:walk_man:

I am a shareholder.

I haven't been to one game this season as I'm working out of town but I know a director so I'll get a ticket nae probs. The way of the world I'm afraid, who you know not what you have. Not proud of it but I wouldn't miss this macth for the world!

Guest S.U.S.S.

just an honest question.

I hope not, leave the tickets for us real fans.

Guest S.U.S.S.

Thank god im both, and having managed a few away trips this year i must be doing ok for points!

Bingo!

I hope not, leave the tickets for us real fans.

:eek: i'm glad you said that and not me. i didn't fancy another nailing from the JKB intelligentsia.

(cough)

Guest Fabuloso
:eek: i'm glad you said that and not me. i didn't fancy another nailing from the JKB intelligentsia.

(cough)

Don't be ashamed to use your brain V!

I kind of expected this question and it's a hard one. My view is that I wouldn't go - even if I did get a ticket. My mind drifts back to a 2-2 draw at ER not that long ago and the team was quite obviously not picked by the manager (live on TV). When the team plays well more people will want to go however I can only speak for my circle of friends (and theirs) and out of 22 non-attenders on principal only one has said he would be prepared to attend a cup-final should we ever get there. I guess this answers you're question in terms of the Hibs game.

if we do get to the cup final, i'd be very surprised if all of your friends didn't try to get tickets and attend, principles or not.

its a very convenient excuse for the glory hunters in our support :P

Don't be ashamed to use your brain V!

well i see that you offered up an honest answer to the OP @ #13, fair play to you for that.

others seem to be holding off for now, i can sense them straining at the leash.

when do tickets go on sale anyway?

and does anyone know how much they'll be? because i'm a season ticket holder and i've been to every away game this season apart from one, so i should be safe shouldn't i?

Guest Fabuloso
if we do get to the cup final, i'd be very surprised if all of your friends didn't try to get tickets and attend, principles or not.

Excuse for what exactly?? You won't believe this because you don't want to.

One final thing - 'glory'? What do you mean??

Guest Fabuloso
well i see that you offered up an honest answer to the OP @ #13, fair play to you for that.

others seem to be holding off for now, i can sense them straining at the leash.

Don't worry V - the brain brigade will be along in due course!:)

:):):)

It has started. One down, twenty one to go. You'll all be back.

Oh dear.

(cough)

Post nonsense and it is likely to be replied to! ;)

As for your OP, it is a hard one to answer unless you are one of the fans you mention. FWIW, here is my stance.

Given all the faffing about "chasing" a manager, I didn't get a season ticket. I decided that until we were given a proper manager I would not return. When Laszlo was hired, the criteria that I personally had set myself had been fulfilled however I no longer had the spare cash for the season ticket. I decided that I would go to as many games as possible. For various financial and work based reasons, I have been to a handful of games this year, never, and I shall say it again for your benefit, NEVER have I had the cash and DECIDED not to go to a game. I would be interested to know why ANY fan chooses not to go on a match day however I cannot answer as I do not know anybody that is making such a stance.

Between now and the 10th of January I shall be working alternate Saturdays, meaning that if the game is on Sunday 11th I will try to get a ticket, either through my shares or my friends.

Good answer? :)

Excuse for what exactly?? You won't believe this because you don't want to.

One final thing - 'glory'? What do you mean??

an excuse for not following the team when we are not winning, these are the same fans who packed out tynie and every away ground for Vlads first season in charge when the team was riding high in the league and won the Scottish cup, i take it your priciples let you go to the cup final that season? ;)

t

PresidentRomanov

As for your OP, it is a hard one to answer unless you are one of the fans you mention. FWIW, here is my stance.

Given all the faffing about "chasing" a manager, I didn't get a season ticket. I decided that until we were given a proper manager I would not return. When Laszlo was hired, the criteria that I personally had set myself had been fulfilled however I no longer had the spare cash for the season ticket. I decided that I would go to as many games as possible. For various financial and work based reasons, I have been to a handful of games this year, never, and I shall say it again for your benefit, NEVER have I had the cash and DECIDED not to go to a game. I would be interested to know why ANY fan chooses not to go on a match day however I cannot answer as I do not know anybody that is making such a stance.

Between now and the 10th of January I shall be working alternate Saturdays, meaning that if the game is on Sunday 11th I will try to get a ticket, either through my shares or my friends.

Funny how people always have the cash for big games :rolleyes:

I have to say it's very tempting.....

Well, all you have to do is........

BELIEVE :)

my my, don't post anything just for the benefit of 'lil old me. i'm not asking anyone to justify themselves, the point of the OP is exactly as stated... read the various disclaimers and caveats (sadly these were required in order to stave off a giant bun fight).

good answer you ask...... depends. if it's an honest answer then it's good. i can only assume it is.

Guest Fabuloso
an excuse for not following the team when we are not winning, these are the same fans who packed out tynie and every away ground for Vlads first season in charge when the team was riding high in the league and won the Scottish cup, i take it your priciples let you go to the cup final that season? ;)

t

But we are winning?? Or we were the last time I looked!

Funny how people always have the cash for big games :rolleyes:

Not very good at reading are you? Aww, bless! :)

my my, don't post anything just for the benefit of 'lil old me. i'm not asking anyone to justify themselves, the point of the OP is exactly as stated... read the various disclaimers and caveats (sadly these were required in order to stave off a giant bun fight).

good answer you ask...... depends. if it's an honest answer then it's good. i can only assume it is.

Believe it or don't, that is entirely up to you. I was merely answering your op.

Not very good at reading are you? Aww, bless! :)

Believe it or don't, that is entirely up to you. I was merely answering your op.

well i do, that's why i said "i can only assume it is".

fair play to you for answering the OP in an honest manner. right that's two...

next.

But we are winning?? Or we were the last time I looked!

and Saturday was our biggest crowd of the season. and if we carry on winning even more will be back, so fans will only follow a winning team.

so even though Vlad was clearly picking the team towards the end of season 05/06 did your priciples allow you to go to the cup final? or did you just decide during a run of so many games without a win that you decided not to go back?

The idea of you having 22 mates is laughable and Scottish Cup finals have hardly been your mob's speciality subject over the years.

Tiberius Stinkfinger

just an honest question.

Honest answer to the OP.

I cannot comment because i pay my way and enjoy my fitbaw.

A normal supporter you might say.

Honest answer to the OP.

I cannot comment because i pay my way and enjoy my fitbaw.

A normal supporter you might say.

:eek: troll.

Tiberius Stinkfinger
:eek: troll.

Nonsense man.

I think i was merely giving a balanced opinion to a strongly loaded question.

Guest Fabuloso
and Saturday was our biggest crowd of the season. and if we carry on winning even more will be back, so fans will only follow a winning team.

so even though Vlad was clearly picking the team towards the end of season 05/06 did your priciples allow you to go to the cup final? or did you just decide during a run of so many games without a win that you decided not to go back?

Yep, you've convinced me. Apologies for questioning your judgment.

Guest Fabuloso
The idea of you having 22 mates is laughable and Scottish Cup finals have hardly been your mob's speciality subject over the years.

Another retort appealing to the lowest common denominator. How's the brain?

Nonsense man.

I think i was merely giving a balanced opinion to a strongly loaded question.

:eek: only joking.

naaaa, troll. :eek:

Tiberius Stinkfinger
:eek: only joking.

naaaa, troll. :eek:

If you persist in calling me names then it will result in a serious nailing auld yin !!!!

Another retort appealing to the lowest common denominator. How's the brain?

Brain..........is..........fine..........

How's the 9 point gap?

If you persist in calling me names then it will result in a serious nailing auld yin !!!!

disturbing comment. :eek: you're on the wrong forum surely. :)

Yep, you've convinced me. Apologies for questioning your judgment.

so your principals only kicked in only in when Vlads interference was hampering results, even though we all knew he was interfering from day 1?

ChemicalJambo

I never stopped going, but understand why many people did. Basically a lack of trust that amongst other things you'd get a team trying their best, being selected fairly and being any good.

Doesn't matter if Romanov or Csaba is picking the team, if we're playing good stuff and winning then more people will turn up to watch, nothing wrong with that.

It probably does the club good to see sales go down when they're dishing up a poor product, will force change

Archived