Stenhousemuir Youngsters?

Charlie-Brown

Charlie-Brown

I heard a rumour Hearts have signed 2 youngsters from Stenhousemuir for approx ?20K, does anybody else know anymore or have any more details about this?

I heard a rumour Hearts have signed 2 youngsters from Stenhousemuir for approx ?20K, does anybody else know anymore or have any more details about this?

nope... never heard anything... there again, I never do :(

Thig Ar Latha

That explains the missing wages then! :eek:

Can you sign players outside the window?

Seymour M Hersh

I heard this after the Falkirk game. Have they actually signed?

I think John Murray in his piece in the scotsman the other day said we were tring to sign a couple of young scottish players.

jamboinglasgow

not heard this, but interesting to see we are targeting stenhousemuir (temps came from them.)

I do know that they are the only club outside of the Spl (apart from Ross county, Dundee and dunfermline) who is in the elite youth level. So they aren't too shabby.

Just got a text confirming we have siged 2 players from them, brothers. One is 14 and is a goalkeeper and one is a 17 year old left back. Both with bags of potential but never played for Stenny first team.

Just got a text confirming we have siged 2 players from them, brothers. One is 14 and is a goalkeeper and one is a 17 year old left back. Both with bags of potential but never played for Stenny first team.

i can confirm this. was speaking to a mate who plays for Stenny last night.

MackaysCentreSpot

Would not expect a 14 years old to play in the first team.........:rolleyes:

jamboinglasgow

curious, always need more goalies, though think he will be behind Shaun Thomson (who looks a great goalie) and left back is another strong posistion for hearts with Brown-Delands-Coll all left backs before, though I think Coll is too old for the 17s, so this new lad may be for the U17s. Though if they have bags of potential Hearts should be able to harness that.

Can you sign players outside the window?

One of the great misconceptions about the transfer system; Yes, you can sign players outside of the window.

Obviously I have not seen either player play, but this is a great way to bring in players IMO. Targeting lower league clubs and the youths they bring through BEFORE they become James McCarthy sized transfer fees is good business.

jamboinglasgow
One of the great misconceptions about the transfer system; Yes, you can sign players outside of the window.

yeah pretty sure its you can sign them its just they cant play until window opens. Though think that only applys to reserves and above.

I saw Stens against Inverness Clach at the weekend. They have a lot of very good young players and actually commented at the time that I hoped Hearts were scouting the club. Don't know how they manage to produce such good young players but as long as we keep snapping them up I don't care!

I saw Stens against Inverness Clach at the weekend. They have a lot of very good young players and actually commented at the time that I hoped Hearts were scouting the club. Don't know how they manage to produce such good young players but as long as we keep snapping them up I don't care!

Is it time for one of Santa?s reindeer to say that they will never make it yet?

yeah pretty sure its you can sign them its just they cant play until window opens. Though think that only applys to reserves and above.

Any player can be bought/sold at any time in the year. If the player is bought/sold outside a window the only thing that the window precludes him from doing is playing for the club until the next window opens. This was shown when Scott McDonald signed for C*lt!c outside a transfer window but he could not play for them until the following window opened.

Any player can be bought/sold at any time in the year. If the player is bought/sold outside a window the only thing that the window precludes him from doing is playing for the club until the next window opens. This was shown when Scott McDonald signed for C*lt!c outside a transfer window but he could not play for them until the following window opened.

Scott Brown as well.

Thig Ar Latha

I think there was somwthing in one of the Sunday Papers about bigger Clubs looking to get a couple of their players.

scott herbertson
I think there was somwthing in one of the Sunday Papers about bigger Clubs looking to get a couple of their players.

Hibs not in the hunt then?

My mate plays for Stenhousemuir (Steven Desmond) he is 19 and came through their ranks. He scored for them at the weekend, decent player and they have a few others too. The names of the brothers are Colin and Jack Hamilton.

They cant be that gd if they keep punting their youth players to Blackburn Utd juniors.

to give them regular games and blood them surely?

Obviously I have not seen either player play, but this is a great way to bring in players IMO. Targeting lower league clubs and the youths they bring through BEFORE they become James McCarthy sized transfer fees is good business.

Thank goodness no one,...... ermmm????,...... targets Hearts youngsters.

I've been in at Riccarton recently when Stenny have played a couple of Hearts teams. I know they beat us 4-2 at U17 level. Not sure if the other team was 14s/15s.

Thig Ar Latha
They cant be that gd if they keep punting their youth players to Blackburn Utd juniors.

I'm sure I remember an ex youth player telling me Hearts used to put players out to Tranent Juniors for experience. Would have been mid to late 70's.

My mate plays for Stenhousemuir (Steven Desmond) he is 19 and came through their ranks. He scored for them at the weekend, decent player and they have a few others too. The names of the brothers are Colin and Jack Hamilton.

Does your mate rate them?

I'm sure I remember an ex youth player telling me Hearts used to put players out to Tranent Juniors for experience. Would have been mid to late 70's.

Also sent the likes of roddie mckenzie to Nitten Star to gain experience! Think it was done more in the past when youth players wages didn't allow for moving to the other end of the country on loan therefor they went to local/hometown junior teams instead!

There are three players on loan at Blackburn until the end of the season and one on loan until January. They continue to train once a week with Stenny and continue to play for the reserves, whilst also turning out for Blackburn.

I'll ask them to see if they have any centre-forwards they could loan to Pumphy to play at centre-half.....

For Hearts to pay ?20k for two young players is amazing; as usual you miss the point, most clubs have a budget of that amount for the season for their youth teams.

Does your mate rate them?

Says they are good players, the goalkeeper is tall for his age.

Vlad should sign my mate for 20k so I can get free tickets to the games!:P

Do people actually get texts telling them about the latest 14 YO to sign for our initiative teams ? :0

I just text a mate who plays for Stenny who replied. Not like he would look to send something like that out the blue.

Also sent the likes of roddie mckenzie to Nitten Star to gain experience! Think it was done more in the past when youth players wages didn't allow for moving to the other end of the country on loan therefor they went to local/hometown junior teams instead!

IIRC, Hearts recently (last few years) brought over two young African lads that are playing for Tynecastle Star. If they make it they will be Hearts players kinda thing.

IIRC, Hearts recently (last few years) brought over two young African lads that are playing for Tynecastle Star. If they make it they will be Hearts players kinda thing.

I think its more work permit related in that hearts couldnt sign the boys and play them

Branny also played for Tynie Star for a year until he qualified to sign for us.

Tbh I think the idea of paying 20k for 14YO's in scotland is unsustainable unless your the OF.

It all adds up and kids who fail at hearts will go nowhere on free, OF and english teams sell them on and recoup some of the money.

Archived