IDENTITY CHRISIS !!!!!!!

Bomber Harris

Bomber Harris

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Time for the pathetic word "jambo" to be dropped !!!!!!

How come Hibernian are playing Hearts and not Heart Of Midlothian in the Scottish Cup ?:mad:

Then once the draw is made every reference made towards the game we are described as "The Jambo's", every weekend is the same, Jambo this jambo that Argggggggggggghhhhhhhh !:mad::mad:

HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN

THE HEARTS

JAM TARTS.

"This book is dedicated to all those who follow the fortunes of the men in maroon. I took my inspiration from a work colleague Jim Gordon, who for many, many years has been a real true "jambo" or should it be Jam Tart, for he too is from that bygone era.

Norrie Price, Gritty,Gallant, Glorious.

MackaysCentreSpot

How come Hibernian are playing Hearts and not Heart Of Midlothian in the Scottish Cup ?:mad:

Then once the draw is made every reference made towards the game we are described as "The Jambo's", every weekend is the same, Jambo this jambo that Argggggggggggghhhhhhhh !:mad::mad:

HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN

THE HEARTS

JAM TARTS.

"This book is dedicated to all those who follow the fortunes of the men in maroon. I took my inspiration from a work colleague Jim Gordon, who for many, many years has been a real true "jambo" or should it be Jam Tart, for he too is from that bygone era.

What is a Chrisis?

Commander Harris

HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN

THE HEARTS

JAM TARTS.

don't mind "jambos" when referring to the supporters but when referring to the club itself I would prefer if our name was used.

CHRISIS gay.

He's got you there Bomber, bit of a schoolboy error eh ? :P

A hobo might use that word, as in . . ."Don't cry-sis" when he's pumpin her !

HEART OF MIDLOTHIAN

THE HEARTS

JAM TARTS.

Phew what a loony

We are the Jambos, the mighty JTs, I do sometimes refer to my beloved team as Hearts but never refer to them as Heart of Midlothian. I often refer to them as the Jam Tarts and yes I do sometimes refer to the team as the Jambos.

You do sometimes hear other nick-names being used when talking about certain teams, the Buddies, Bairns, Jags and Pars to name but a few that are in common useage around the sports programmes of Scotland. Don't see the point of getting animated about it TBH.

Not a big fan of the word Jambo either TBH. Opposing fans try to use it in a condescending way when refering to us.

Used to like the old gadge who gave the scores on the old Grandstand. It always read "Hearts " on the Premier League page but he always said Heart Of Midlothian.

Such a great name.

I suppose that`s the beauty of it though. When i`ve met foreigners through work who like football they`ve heard of Hearts but maybe don`t realise our proper name is Heart Of Midlothian.

Then they get their history lesson!:)

Bomber Harris

Jee whizz !!!!! tolk about tayking a typo errer and making a mountain out off it.

Why not contribute to the point of the thread ?

Bomber Harris
Phew what a loony

We are the Jambos, the mighty JTs, I do sometimes refer to my beloved team as Hearts but never refer to them as Heart of Midlothian. I often refer to them as the Jam Tarts and yes I do sometimes refer to the team as the Jambos.

You do sometimes hear other nick-names being used when talking about certain teams, the Buddies, Bairns, Jags and Pars to name but a few that are in common useage around the sports programmes of Scotland. Don't see the point of getting animated about it TBH.

...and where do you want to go with that then ?

There is no certificate to say that i am a lunatic, slanderous allegations can get you into trouble young man.

Bomber Harris
He's got you there Bomber, bit of a schoolboy error eh ? :P

A hobo might use that word, as in . . ."Don't cry-sis" when he's pumpin her !

True, but to be honest i wouldn't be jumping around doing cartwheels because someone made a mistake.

Maybe that's just me but then again you might have to question the level of "easily amused" in some people's brain.;)

Its been a long time baby

I dont mind being called a Jambo, but have never referred to the team as the jambos! Never ever said im going to he jambos game tomorrow or whats the latest jambos score! Always Hearts, or He'rts if Im talking fast! Also dont say if im asked, I support Heart of Midlothian, I just say Hearts

marshallschunkychicken

The team are the Jam Tarts. The fans are the Jambos.

At least that's how it was when I was young.

I don't call myself a Jambo - apart from in my name, strangely - but I do say I am one when asked.

And it's Hearts for me, never Jam Tarts. Sometimes the JT's when shouting encouragement from the stands.

'Jam Tarts' for me; or even 'Maroons'.

That's what I consider our nickname.

I much prefer it to 'The Jambos'.

Buffalo Bill

Son Of Anarchy

I support Hearts,cheer on the herts or jam tarts but i always thought the jambos were us,the supporters.Ive also been known as a proud yam fud whilst gloating about yet another derby victory

John Montgomery
The team are the Jam Tarts. The fans are the Jambos.

At least that's how it was when I was young.

I think that might be the difference having looked at your date of birth. If not between yourself and the original poster but lets say between you and someone my age. If I recall correctly about the mid 80's someone I worked with who was a Hibby started calling us 'Jambos' and that was the first I had heard it. I know this has been mentioned before on here but I think they meant it at that time as an insult (or dare I say a *******isation of the nickname Jam Tarts). At that time and still now I personally would refer to the club as The Heart of Midlothian, The Hearts or The Jam Tarts and Hearts supporters as Jam Tarts fans. I think probably in the early nineties young Hearts fans started to use the term to refer to themselves. Maybe us older fans didn't educate them enough.

sounds like you lot are a bit, knickers-in-a-twist-o's

who cares - jambos, jam tarts, hearts......... as long as you wear a 100% cotton maroon scarf, with thin printed white lines and little HOMFC shields, then you might be worth listening to.

don't mind "jambos" when referring to the supporters but when referring to the club itself I would prefer if our name was used.

Arsenal fans used the derogatory term "The Gooners" to their advantage,

works well for them now.

Never been keen on the "Jambos" appellation, but the real crime is "Jambo's". Bring back the birch for the abusers of the apostrophe.

Toodle pip!

Maybe I'm a tad long in the tooth but calling myself a Jambo just does not fall of the tongue. I am a Hearts supporter. I support Heart of Midlothian FC.

I do not mind Hearts supporters being referred to as Jambos (by the ill informed) but not the team. The team's nickname is the Jam Tarts.

I am comfortable shouting "come on the Jam Tarts" not "come on the Jambos".

While there may be too many :mad: smilies in the OP, I can agree with the sentiments.

A pal of mine who's not a football fan thinks we're called 'The Jamboids' !

I take it your pals a bit of a "thickoid":p

You guys do know this anti Jambo name thingy thread is on a forum called 'Jambos Kickback' don't you. Is it only me that sees the irony?

You guys do know this anti Jambo name thingy thread is on a forum called 'Jambos Kickback' don't you. Is it only me that sees the irony?

The URL thingy says HMFC Kickback though.

The word 'Jambos' isn't popular in some quarters simply because some people just don't like the word very much, and it's also a term I find most commonly used by those who don't like us very much.

I think we have a fantastic nickname in 'The Jam Tarts'.

Buffalo Bill

scottish_chicP

I don't mind being called a Jambo but I refer to the team as Jam Tarts or just JT's

A pal of mine who's not a football fan thinks we're called 'The Jamboids' !

Does he call supporters of the German national team the "germalloids"?

'Jam Tarts' for me; or even 'Maroons'.

That's what I consider our nickname.

I much prefer it to 'The Jambos'.

Buffalo Bill

I have a funny feeling that if i was to shout 'CMON THE MAROONS' at the top of my voice from the back of the Wheatfield many fellow 'jambos' would assume i was not the full shilling.:)

Not a big fan of the word Jambo either TBH. Opposing fans try to use it in a condescending way when refering to us.

Used to like the old gadge who gave the scores on the old Grandstand. It always read "Hearts " on the Premier League page but he always said Heart Of Midlothian.

Such a great name.

I suppose that`s the beauty of it though. When i`ve met foreigners through work who like football they`ve heard of Hearts but maybe don`t realise our proper name is Heart Of Midlothian.

Then they get their history lesson!:)

James Alexander Gordon, he is a jam.......Hearts Fan.

I have a funny feeling that if i was to shout 'CMON THE MAROONS' at the top of my voice from the back of the Wheatfield many fellow 'jambos' would assume i was not the full shilling.:)

I wouldn't shout 'Maroons' either but I do like it in the written word, as I find it quite understated.

Buffalo Bill

James Alexander Gordon, he is a jam.......Hearts Fan.

Yeah, but he does the radio scores. Len Martin is the chap Debut 4's referring to: I used to dream of having his job one day! Instead, the Beeb gave it to useless Tim Gudgen, who just calls us 'Hearts': cue much shaking with rage chez Lawson. :mad:

Archived