The Arrogance of Walter

Tazio

I've just read a match report on Saturdays game and realised for the first time that Smith spent the first half hour of the game in the stand. Only coming down to the touchline after he realised what a pumping his side were taking.

So does walter reckon his team are so good they don't need a manager on the touchline unless it is against Celtic or in Europe?

had to laff at the sour grapes when he was quoted as saying, hearts only had a couple of attempts at goal. Two decent ones that stuffed your team tho...

I've just read a match report on Saturdays game and realised for the first time that Smith spent the first half hour of the game in the stand. Only coming down to the touchline after he realised what a pumping his side were taking.

So does walter reckon his team are so good they don't need a manager on the touchline unless it is against Celtic or in Europe?

I dont want to sound like im defending him, but Walter has nearly always done this throughout his entire career including games against the Tic and in Europe.

Frankenstein Jambo.

he's usually in the dugout. maybe csbas passion and energy put him off.

He's been doing that for years. Usually appears in the dugout after half time.

he spends the first half hour of games lying in his coffin. smith the undead.

he's usually in the dugout. maybe csbas passion and energy put him off.

maybe it's because he's old and would rather sit there with a tartan blanket over his legs.

It's a habit of his to do this. Remember watching a few of their European games last season and he always began the game in the stand. Think he's done it ever since he got sent to the stand one time. How early he comes down is usually a barometer for how poorly Rangers start a game.

I think he looks and sounds old and tired these days. I think the Uefa Cup last year when he was badly shown up by the Advocaat who replaced him last time out, burst his "returning hero" bubble. I think he'll hand over the reins in the summer or maybe even sooner if Rangers slip further behind. He's squandered a hell of a lot of cash again, and there is not really much quality in his squad to show for it.

Celtic are miles ahead of Rangers at the moment - big slow lumps all through the team, are no match for lots of speedy little guys up front and your own big lumps at the back, over the course of a season it seems.

Nelly Terraces

He probably wished he'd satyed at home doing the garden after Saturdays nightmare. Unlucky.

NT

PS, Taz, how was the play at the Trav on Friday night (ya thesp:p)? Jarvis was at his supreme best. Brilliant gig from one of the most charismatic frontmen around.

It's been interesting watching his famed "dignity" disintegrate as it's become clear that his Rangers team still isn't good enough. The man's a total plum.

Smith had some bizarre statements after the game.

Hearts didnt create anything it was only 2 mistakes at set pieces that cost us These are counted as chances idiot and we put you under more pressure for most of the first half.

We spent the last 60mins of the game camped in Hearts half :eek:Did you christ was i at a different game

They created nothing and the goal they scored was an OG which was a bit unlucky.

Poor team poor after match comments

NT

PS, Taz, how was the play at the Trav on Friday night (ya thesp:p)? Jarvis was at his supreme best. Brilliant gig from one of the most charismatic frontmen around.

Couldn't tell you NT. I was working until 9pm and then proceeded to get completely trolleyed.

We spent the last 60mins of the game camped in Hearts half :eek:Did you christ was i at a different game

They were in our half a lot - at least for most of the second half - and had a lot of possession, so I don't think that that's necessarily wrong, it's just that they created little or nothing with it.

Drylaw Hearts

Both Smith and Ferguson (Barry not Alex) had a go at our tactics on Saturday with Ferguson's being the most bizarre.

He had the audacity to say we just played long balls whilst failing to recognise that is was actually his team that played the long ball game hence the reason he spent the whole game either chasing Bruno and Ruben around or looking at another of Weirs passes fly over his head towards Boyd.

I have to say that is probably the most ineffective I have ever seen Ferguson against Hearts. Completely wiped out by our midfield.

Both Smith and Ferguson (Barry not Alex) had a go at our tactics on Saturday with Ferguson's being the most bizarre.

He had the audacity to say we just played long balls whilst failing to recognise that is was actually his team that played the long ball game hence the reason he spent the whole game either chasing Bruno and Ruben around or looking at another of Weirs passes fly over his head towards Boyd.

Even if we had been playing the long ball (which we weren't), given Smith's tactics last season with Rangers and his tactics all the time with Scotland, it'd be absolutely laughable for him to have a go at us for it.

I really, really despise that man. A trainwreck of a human being.

I was taken aback at Ferguson's comments in the press yesterday as he was poorer than poor. I think this injury he has had has finished him. He's slow, has not got the players he used to have around him and Rangers were as poor as I can remember them.

Speaking to a few Hun mates after the game, and they said it has been that way all season. Barry's coat may be on a shaky nail at Ibrox, just like Walters.

Drylaw Hearts
Even if we had been playing the long ball (which we weren't), given Smith's tactics last season with Rangers and his tactics all the time with Scotland, it'd be absolutely laughable for him to have a go at us for it.

I really, really despise that man. A trainwreck of a human being.

It was indeed laughable.

If they lose the Title again this Season I can see a move 'upstairs' on the cards.

My only hope is Ally McCoist gets the gig because he will be as effective as that bloody translator chap who sat in our dugout for the whole of last season.

I was taken aback at Ferguson's comments in the press yesterday as he was poorer than poor. I think this injury he has had has finished him. He's slow, has not got the players he used to have around him and Rangers were as poor as I can remember them.

Speaking to a few Hun mates after the game, and they said it has been that way all season. Barry's coat may be on a shaky nail at Ibrox, just like Walters.

Rumours were rife during his injury that he was going to have to retire either then or at the end of the season. After watching some of his performances this season, I wouldnt be surprised if he goes at the end of the current season.

Drylaw Hearts

Rangers are stuck with BF.

No-one will buy him and they've invested too much money on him to let him leave for free imo.

I hope they all rot.

It was indeed laughable.

If they lose the Title again this Season I can see a move 'upstairs' on the cards.

My only hope is Ally McCoist gets the gig because he will be as effective as that bloody translator chap who sat in our dugout for the whole of last season.

Walter said he would go if they didn't win the league.

Murray said McCoist will be his replacement.

Next season could be very interesting

Drylaw Hearts
Walter said he would go if they didn't win the league.

Murray said McCoist will be his replacement.

Next season could be very interesting

It will be a disaster of PLG proportions if Super Ally gets that job.

He'll probably employ John Parrot as his assistant.

Wee Durranty will get that gig pal. Cue lots of Blues Brothers headlines......

Yawn.

Drylaw Hearts
Wee Durranty will get that gig pal. Cue lots of Blues Brothers headlines......

Yawn.

I was only kidding about Parrot.

:)

Walter Bishop
They were in our half a lot - at least for most of the second half - and had a lot of possession, so I don't think that that's necessarily wrong, it's just that they created little or nothing with it.

First half possesion Hearts 54% Rangers 46%

Second half Possesion Hearts 53% Rangers 47%

Shots on goal (on target) Hearts 9 (6) Rangers 5 (2??)

Hagar the Horrible

No you were not! Parrot is an Everton fan, and might just find life at Ibrox right on cue, Frankie Detorie is to jockey for the new reserves coach, Sue Barker is the Physio apparently she has a good forehand stroke.;)

Can't help thinking this is their chickens coming home to roost. Paul Le Guen did his utmost to sort out the culture at Ibrox and ended up alienating all the 'bigger than the club' types like BF, getting punted for his troubles. Now they're looking less and less like a modern football team, and more like a collection of unfit, overpaid individuals!

Can't help thinking this is their chickens coming home to roost. Paul Le Guen did his utmost to sort out the culture at Ibrox and ended up alienating all the 'bigger than the club' types like BF, getting punted for his troubles. Now they're looking less and less like a modern football team, and more like a collection of unfit, overpaid individuals!

Said at the time they would regret binning PLG. They're just so short sighted that all they care about is beating celtic in any given season rather than looking at the bigger picture.

Frankenstein Jambo.

paul la guen would have rangers so far away from celtic now they would be uncatchable. BIG MISTAKE DUMPING HIM.

Never really rated Wattie and always believed any success during his 1st reign at Ibrox was basically bought. Still he was usually dignified and, since they seldom lost, he never really came across as a grumpy old curmudgeon.

He did absolutely squat at Goodison ( IMO ) and was hardly in demand once he'd been sacked there. The Scotland job, AND HIS SUBSEQUENT DESERTION, I'm not even going to comment on, as it fair makes my blood boil. Anyway, he may have steadied the ship when it was floundering but he's yesterdays man and has clearly lost the plot :(

Susie-Jambo-66

Thats is not the case. Watching a re run of the game and its 32min gone and Smith is in the dug out and has been from the start.

Smith is a soorfaced, bitter old ******.Claiming his side deserved to win is absolutly outrageous, after all they had to offer was aimless long balls up to the hapless poacher Boyd. Comparing saturdays performance to last seasons 4-0 humiliation at Tynie shows how much we have improved under Csaba:)

Walter's hang-dog/grumpy/bitter expression is not surprising!

You have a cess-pit (Ibrox - physically/spiritually - a bitter, bitter place) and you bring in a few bitter, bitter players (you know, it's in their psyche) - people like Boyd, for example. Those that can be classed as a typical blue-nose!

You then bring in some experienced players like Weir who, up until then was more readily identified with being a 'gentleman', and suddenly he is the most griping, bitter, twisted person on the park.

Almost everyone who has contact with the atmosphere at Ibrox turns to unbridled arrogance and high-octane hate and, despite getting the VAST majority of match decisions in their favour (particularly the key ones), when the odd one doesn't go there way, as far as these "bullies" are concerned, it's proof that we're all out to get them, which is true, of course - but crucially, this "we" doesn't include the Weegie Mafia who run the game!!!

If I had to caricature ignorance and resentment and bitterness and the absence of grace - then David Weir, Barry Ferguson and Kris Boyd would be perfect models.

Nelly Terraces
Couldn't tell you NT. I was working until 9pm and then proceeded to get completely trolleyed.

Haha, just read that. Splendid behaviour there my good man. Dofting my cybercap to you as I type.:)

Saturdays result the perfect hangover cure.

I read and laughed off Ferguson's comments. Sour grapes from 'Alf'.

Hearts got stuck in about them, did the damage and comfortably defended their lead.

Rangers were reduced the 'lumping long balls' up to their front men.

Three points, great day out, shut yer face Walter, away back to Govan.

Worst Rangers team in 25 years.

Buffalo Bill

Archived