Daily Ranger stirs it again!

Jam Tarts 1874

Jam Tarts 1874

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/football/spl/2008/12/01/hearts-stars-demand-cash-assurance-from-vladimir-romanov-after-latest-pay-row-86908-20937943/

"Hearts stars demand cash assurance from Vladimir Romanov after latest pay row

Dec 1 2008 By Chris Roberts

HEARTS players expect their wages to be in their accounts today - and they want assurances from the club that the "blip" won't happen again.

Csaba Laszlo's men put their cash-flow concerns aside to see off Rangers at home on Saturday - their fifth SPL win in a row. But some players are worried that the problems behind the scenes are far greater than they are being told as it is the second time this season that controversial tycoon Vladimir Romanov hasn't paid them on time.

The Tynecastle club insist that there's been a "blip" in Romanov's company UBIK changing the banking process and that everything is in perfect working order.

Laszlo laughed off the the situation but skipper Christophe Berra said: "We're not going to pretend it's not a concern but we trust people to sort this out.

"We are assured that everyone will get paid on Monday morning. It is not a problem just now."

The Jambos squad have been told their weekly wage, which was missing on Friday, will drop today and they won't be left without salaries for a week as they were two months earlier.

In September, club officials labelled the hold up a "glitch" and this time it has been referred to as a "blip". Last time the problem occurred there was an assurance that players would be paid early the following week but the payments did not reach the Hearts squad until the end of the week.

Off-field staff were paid their monthly salaries a week ago but another problem with players' wages will prompt further scrutiny of Romanov's stewardship.

When the same situation arose earlier this season the problem was blamed on a technicality but it was never adequately explained.

A club spokesperson said: "The funds are in place, the money has been transferred and will be in the players' bank accounts on Monday morning.""

I have read the above ****-poor piece of "journalism" a couple of times just in case I missed something. Just who are the players "demanding cash assurances"? and just who are the players who "are worried that the problems behind the scenes are far greater than they are being told "?

It makes me sick to see that so many people in Edinburgh still actually pay money for this rag.

I would imagine everyone of them.

Would you not want assurances if your wages had been late twice within 2 months?

They dont need to stir as the pot is already out of control as it is.

Dean Winchester

I'm not sure about the latest "blip" but I have it from a very reliable source that it wasn't Hearts fault for the first error but the banks. I hope that it is the same this time round.

Jam Tarts 1874

Would you not want assurances if your wages had been late twice within 2 months?

The point is that the record is making up statements that don't exist for the purposes of putting Hearts down. But I am not surprised that you cannot see this from your anti-Hearts bunker.

the daily weeg has to keep there drones ticking over with this sort of stuff

Hide the fact that we took the total pash out of there beloved rangers. By showing up our money problems.

these are desperate people who will stop at nothing to sensationalise what is probably nothing more than another minor error / glitch.

this morning i have read that tynecastle is "turmoil torn", and that the players have held secret, behind the scenes crisis talks.

turmoil?

crisis?

yeak ok lads, keep taking the pills.

well the manager and club captain seem remarkably cool over the situation.

Dean Winchester
these are desperate people who will stop at nothing to sensationalise what is probably nothing more than another minor error / glitch.

this morning i have read that tynecastle is "turmoil torn", and that the players have held secret, behind the scenes crisis talks.

Well like I said we where apparently in a huge "crisis" the first time it happened when it was literally nothing more than a glitch, I dont see why it probably isnt the same kind of thing this time around.

well the manager and club captain seem remarkably cool over the situation.

Do you really think their happy at not being paid when they should have been?

Whilst the club are doing well getting them to negate the PR war from the media, they will inevitably be concerned.

I keep hearing people blame Ubig but ultimately, its the clubs senior managements responsibility to ensure salaries are paid on time, failure to do this twice in one season is gross incompetence, and we should not be relying on Ubig to pay our salaries, the full control for salaries should be in the tynecastle managements control.

Its all great for the likes of Berra who receive several k a week and probably have extra cash to play with, but what about all our youth players, many could have had bills due over the weekend with it being the turn of a month.

Its gross incompetence and I think we should question the relevant people rather than moaning about the media for reporting on a big story

The Latest im hearing is the wages are not in the players accounts yet. Can amnyone else confirm this?

Just like the last time players were told wages would be in at the beginning of the week and it ended up being the end of the week.

Nelly Terraces

If the players get paid today, I'd imagine the ****** will run a story as a follow up to this one on how happy the players are....:rolleyes: Aye right.

Retards Read the Record.

marshallschunkychicken
The Latest im hearing is the wages are not in the players accounts yet. Can amnyone else confirm this?

Just like the last time players were told wages would be in at the beginning of the week and it ended up being the end of the week.

No idea if this is true or not. I thought the players said that the transfer had been initiated, and that the payment just needed to clear over the weekend?

I do think there is more than a small chance that some off the record comments have been made.

Bottom line is, if you are employed by a company that there have been rumours about financial unwellbeing and you suffer late payment of wages 3 times in a couple of months, you're going to be concerned.

Rightly so

Whether the Record has actually got any info or not is beside the point.

It is concerning, and should be concerning to everyone. If it is true that win bonuses are being retained longer than contractually should be the case this is bad also.

That said there is nothing anyone can do about it.

Pretending there isnt an issue however is the wrong way to go about it

No idea if this is true or not. I thought the players said that the transfer had been initiated, and that the payment just needed to clear over the weekend?

I hope its not true, and the person who told me has it wrong.

As for the payment being initiated thing though, werent the players told that the last time or wasn't that what we were all told.

Bank to bank transfers rarely happen first thing. If the transfers have been made from UKIO to, say HBOS and then from HBOS to the players' accounts, the money is unlikely to be in their accounts until the afternoon. For players who also bank with HBOS the money may not even appear in their accounts until after banking hours.

Does anything the papers were going to ignore the story ?

Why would they ?

Why should they ?

Think you are missing the OP's point.

They run with a headline that did not match their story.

Dean Winchester

Exactly. It's not as if Berra is quoted as saying "We want paid on Monday or we're not playing" as the headline kind of makes out. He simply says its not a problem yet and they've been told their getting paid today. I think the OP's thread title was valid.

Drylaw Hearts

I'd be very surprised if the players haven't asked for assurances about their pay.

If I was in that situation it would be one of the first thing I'd ask.

Why would anyone want to buy the rangers rag when we just beat them again? We all know they will find a negative to exploit and blow out of proportion to steer away from the fact we are actually doing pretty good, oh and beat their team.

Bank to bank transfers rarely happen first thing. If the transfers have been made from UKIO to, say HBOS and then from HBOS to the players' accounts, the money is unlikely to be in their accounts until the afternoon. For players who also bank with HBOS the money may not even appear in their accounts until after banking hours.

Not Quite, It depends on your bank, Some banks clear the funds immediately, some take longer. Some people have wages in their accounts ready to withdraw the night before the official pay date. Others its after 6am on pay day. If its a straight bank to bank transfer not BACS, then after you have made the first transaction between accounts the process only takes up to 24hrs, the first time you do it to a new account it can take up to 3 days. I sent money to an account one time straight forward bank to bank and it took nearly 2 days before the other party was able to get the funds, the next time i did it, the funds were available within hours.

It's our own fault we have brought this bad press on ourselves. Pay the players in time and these stories don't feature.

However, the OP is correct in his assessment of shoddy journalism. There is no facts, quotes or even the usual journalist get out of free card "sources/insiders" in that article. The journalist had nothing to write, had a conversation about how Hearts players must be demanded something reassurances and then wrote this.

That's why I don't read the Daily Record and when I do I treat it with all the accuracy of a cartoon.

When I brought this issue up after the Hun game I was called a "Hobo" by some Clown, seemed like a drink was in him admittedly. The whole thing worries me as smoke and fire do not exist independently.

Once maybe, twice? I would be getting a wee bitty nervous. I have looked all day (Dubai) for any reports of money being deposited for employees.:mad:

When I brought this issue up after the Hun game I was called a "Hobo" by some Clown, seemed like a drink was in him admittedly. The whole thing worries me as smoke and fire do not exist independently.

Once maybe, twice? I would be getting a wee bitty nervous. I have looked all day (Dubai) for any reports of money being deposited for employees.:mad:

I defended us the last time it happened, but as you say twice and it starts raising concerns.

As many have pointed out, if there is a problem with UKIO (Not financially) in transferring monies then either the players should be moved onto monthly salaries to allow time for the payment process or funds should be readily available in a bank in this country in order to pay the wages. It's not rocket science

Dean Winchester
I defended us the last time it happened, but as you say twice and it starts raising concerns.

As many have pointed out, if there is a problem with UKIO (Not financially) in transferring monies then either the players should be moved onto monthly salaries to allow time for the payment process or funds should be readily available in a bank in this country in order to pay the wages. It's not rocket science

The first time it wasnt Ukio or Hearts problem though. It WAS an error outside of their control.

Geoff Kilpatrick

If the players aren't paid today, I hope they refuse to train and inform Vlad they won't play until they are paid and that they will leave the club unless it is immediately rectified. This is embarrassing and needs to stop now. :mad:

The first time it wasnt Ukio or Hearts problem though. It WAS an error outside of their control.

Bull

Come on tell us what the error was?

As far as I am concerned HMFC have an obligation to pay their wages, and should have a contingency in place.

My work hold their salaries in termed accounts, but you can guarentee if their was a mistake made and the funds were not in place we would avail them from elsewere and pay the salaries even if it cost more.

This is what I would expect any employer too do.

The wage issues are entirely related to **** poor management at the club, at best, at worst its severe cash flow problems, which could well link in with what was posted yesterday about us needing a fee in January and a delay in a million from Sunderland due to Gordon's injury.

You are always so quick to criticise. You must have to be fantastic at your own job to maintain such a position...

What is sad and ENTIRELY the clubs fault is that it takes the focus away from the great result and performance of Saturday. If there is no financial problem then there is simply no need for this to be happening. It is amateurish and sheds a very bad light on the club.

What is sad and ENTIRELY the clubs fault is that it takes the focus away from the great result and performance of Saturday. If there is no financial problem then there is simply no need for this to be happening. It is amateurish and sheds a very bad light on the club.

You are right the club does need to get its act together re the transfer of monies and needs to do it now but what did you expect from the Daily Wrecker on the Monday after their beloved Huns get humped.

A headline like " Hearts outclass title contenders" - No, I don't think so.

You are right the club does need to get its act together re the transfer of monies and needs to do it now but what did you expect from the Daily Wrecker on the Monday after their beloved Huns get humped.

I know its frustrating and angering.

But what the press report is largely water off a ducks back these days to me - unless there is some sort of quote attached.

We need to care less about what shyty rags print about the goings on at Hearts and care more about whether or not our club is being run properly

The Mighty Thor

I think it's a bit of both in reality.

Yes the Record is stirring it up but in honesty it wouldn't be a story if the players got their dough when they were supposed to.

More concerning is that for the second time in 6 weeks we have failed to pay staff on time. The timing couldn't be worse as the team is performing and the last thing we need is something like this de-motivating the players/management.

I hope it is only a 'blip' to follow the last 'glitch' and those pulling the purse strings in Kaunas ensure there isn't a third episode.

* hypothetically speaking if there was what would the call it?

glitch - blip - ?????

Dean Winchester
Bull

Come on tell us what the error was?

As far as I am concerned HMFC have an obligation to pay their wages, and should have a contingency in place.

My work hold their salaries in termed accounts, but you can guarentee if their was a mistake made and the funds were not in place we would avail them from elsewere and pay the salaries even if it cost more.

This is what I would expect any employer too do.

The wage issues are entirely related to **** poor management at the club, at best, at worst its severe cash flow problems, which could well link in with what was posted yesterday about us needing a fee in January and a delay in a million from Sunderland due to Gordon's injury.

I dont know what the exact error was. I just know from a reliable source that it wasn't Hearts or UBIG's problem.

I do agree that Hearts should have implemented something to ensure that this didn't happen again. I can quite easily believe that since our wages are paid directly by UBIG that if there is an error and due to transfer times between banks it would take a few days longer to pay the players when such an error occurs but this still shouldnt be the case.

I'd be a bit more worried if Csaba and the players where concerned but they dont seem to be so am not going to worry about it.

And you should stop trying to put such a negative spin on every single thing that's happening with Hearts at the moment.

Blooming typical, just when we have the best Saturday at Tynie for ages, you come on here and find the vlad-sheep talking like they were like totally the thickest people on the entire planet and you think -- god -- why don't they just GO AWAY how can anyone be so DARNED STUPID ...

FACT: what would you feel like if your monthly salary didn't come through to your bank one day and you were told it was a 'blip'? What if it happened again two months later? What if you worked your ass off again and then had to go and tell the press that you 'weren't worried' ...

And what paper do these people read who are slagging off the Record for reporting this? I would guess either (a) the Sun or (B) the Sun or © the Sun .. I have a warning for you boys it makes you go blind ...

:mad::107years::P

The thing is I genuinely couldn't give a to** about the Daily Ranger. It's a gutter rag. Why any Hearts fan would read it is beyond me. What I do care about is the club and the players should be on a high concentrating on the upcoming fixtures not having to field questions and wonder when wages are clearing. This is all about systems (lets hope that's all it is) not working at HMFC not some red top rag reporting it.

I dont know what the exact error was. I just know from a reliable source that it wasn't Hearts or UBIG's problem.

I do agree that Hearts should have implemented something to ensure that this didn't happen again. I can quite easily believe that since our wages are paid directly by UBIG that if there is an error and due to transfer times between banks it would take a few days longer to pay the players when such an error occurs but this still shouldnt be the case.

I'd be a bit more worried if Csaba and the players where concerned but they dont seem to be so am not going to worry about it.

And you should stop trying to put such a negative spin on every single thing that's happening with Hearts at the moment.

How can you know that if you don't know the problem.

I am going to say an error which prevented everyone being paid is an error by hearts.

Until such a time you can give me a definitive explaination as to why that isnt the case, well I know I am fully of the opinion its the clubs fault

Guest Fabuloso

As I've stated before spare me the conspiracy theories. Some of the people on this thread sound like they've spent more time at Parkhead than Tynecastle. Hearts need to get their house in order before anyone connected with the club can start firing at the press.

Maybe fans have been listening to VR and his son for too long to see what the real issues are.

Everyone's against us!!!!!!!!! Grow up.

I am going to say an error which prevented everyone being paid is an error by hearts.

Until such a time you can give me a definitive explaination as to why that isnt the case, well I know I am fully of the opinion its the clubs fault

I hate you.

But where is your evidence? I don't think you know either TBH.

As I've stated before spare me the conspiracy theories. Some of the people on this thread sound like they've spent more time at Parkhead than Tynecastle. Hearts need to get their house in order before anyone connected with the club can start firing at the press.

Maybe fans have been listening to VR and his son for too long to see what the real issues are.

Everyone's against us!!!!!!!!! Grow up.

Everyone's above you.

:smell_hobo:

The BBC website reads like a tabloid as well.

Wonder if the two "journalists" who wrote the story were in the pub together last night and have done a copy & paste job with their own words added in due to the effects of their hangover?

But where is your evidence? I don't think you know either TBH.

I can't think of any error outwith hearts/ubig control that would stop all payments being made that wouldnt be public knowledge.

But quite right, keep burying your head, this is all normal.

No one pays their bill's or staff when they should :rolleyes:

I was told by a source (I sound like the BBC website) just before the game on Saturday that the wages would be paid on Wednesday, so i'm not expecting them to be paid today.

It sounded like the players knew this, but the papers will LOVE it if it is indeed Wednesday when it goes in.

I can't think of any error outwith hearts/ubig control that would stop all payments being made that wouldnt be public knowledge.

But quite right, keep burying your head, this is all normal.

How about a bank error - or do they never happen?

On that note, its happened to me twice in my working life. Once when I was working for medium sized pub operator who were transferring from Clydesdale to HBOS and the other when I actually worked for HBOS. The first time was because HBOS refused to accept the payment from Clydesdale even though I had been working for the company for four and a half years.

It shouldnt happen and im not making excuses but it does and can. I dont think its impending financial disaster but nor do I reckon its all rosey either. We will never get the proper answer and all the pontificating on the issue here, will change that fact.

I'm fully of the opinion your an embarrassment as a so called Hearts supporter.

Some on here look to the negative, but are obviously onyl wanting the best for the club.

You on the other hand want to see nothing but the problems and if you cant find one, you embellish something to make it seem worse.

You don't know more than anyone else, but freely admit to choosing to think the worst of the club.

Just about sums you up.

How about a bank error - or do they never happen?

I don't see it happening to any other club in Britain but twice in the space of a few weeks at Tynie :rolleyes:

Archived