Palazuelos

Walter Kidd

A few others have got the plaudits from Saturday, however, this kid does all the dirty stuff really well.

I like him. Needs to work on his right foot though. :)

A few others have got the plaudits from Saturday, however, this kid does all the dirty stuff really well.

He had a cracking game, policed the crab rather well.

Drylaw Hearts

His best game in a Hearts jersey by a mile imo.

I think he plays in a manner which it is easy to overlook / underestimate what he brings to the team.

Watching the game on the box at the weekend led to me to think that we actually had a midfield with technically talented players - Aguiar, Ruben and Kingston.

They might not be world beaters, might be a bit hot and cold but from a technical standpoint they are of a high standard.

I think he plays in a manner which it is easy to overlook / underestimate what he brings to the team.

Watching the game on the box at the weekend led to me to think that we actually had a midfield with technically talented players - Aguiar, Ruben and Kingston.

They might not be world beaters, might be a bit hot and cold but from a technical standpoint they are of a high standard.

Totally agree.

Ruben had a job to do, and it was the sort of job that doesn't get you on the TV highlights. He did that job exceptionally well.

I'd add by pointing out the run Larry made across the pitch in the second half - prior to being replaced - it spoke volumes for the unit that was our midfield: intercepted a Rangers pass, quick one touch passing to get out of a box, then darts across the pitch to open up play with massive off the ball movement all around him, Ruben and Bruno esp.

Only a snapshot, sure but Realy did suggest to me that what's been worked on in training is working on the pitch.

Deodato

Nelly Terraces

Didn't do much wrong on Saturday, but did a hell of a lot that was very right. Should start versus Mudderhell I reckon.

Well played RP.

Karipidis as well. All comfortable on the ball with a good first touch and don't panic in possession.

Still not quite up to the standard of the Hobos midfield though:)

Didn't do much wrong on Saturday, but did a hell of a lot that was very right. Should start versus Mudderhell I reckon.

Well played RP.

Totally agree ....should/must retain his position.....please not Stewart ;)

Brillier is ten times the player he will ever be.

You should re-phrase that to Brellier is ten times the tackler he will ever be altough Ruben is far more superior in the technical side of the game.

Brellier ran about like a hatchet man and done his job briliantly. Ruben done that part really well on Saturday but was also very composed with the ball and kept possession which Brellier could simply not do. Totally different players so they cant really be compared.

Walter Payton

Well played RP.

You've changed your tune since Saturday!

Ruben is a quality player. Never hides and always wants the ball. Maybe not the most creative and I think it defo works better with Larry on the right.

He has prefect attitude also........never spat the dummy out when he wasnt getting a game and then grabbed his chance when it came.

I have said it before but the balance of our midfield on saturday was perfect.

portobellojambo1

Palazuelos is very like Karipidis with regards to fan reaction WK, he does his work, but does it quietly, and efficiently, and as a result tends to get overlooked. With these two there are no crunching, thumping tackles or such like. Palazuelos I actually think is possibly the most skillful of the players we have, certainly the best passer of a ball. But he does the easy thing, like Karipidis, which keeps the team ticking over. If the ball has to be delivered sideways or backwards neither of them is afraid to do it, but get pelters from fans for not doing what Weir and Bougherra did for Rangers on Saturday, pumping it long to let people chase, although the fans usually hide it behind comments like "too ineffective" (which is fecking BS).

Both he and Karipidis got through a power of work on Saturday, and some of the distribution from Palazuelos was a delight to watch.

I do agree he is very left footed, but in my eyes it is a very educated left foot, and his presence in the team will help us should we choose to adopt a more defensive formation versus Celtic at Parkhead in 2 weeks.

Nelly Terraces
You've changed your tune since Saturday!

Haha, ya stirrer:p -you know I just went mental at that one point as it was getting sphincter tighteningly close at the end! I just lost the plot, it could've been anyone wi the bloody ball! Bloke had a great game, I said as much at the time.:)

Who's is "Brillier"?

Surely you mean Julian 'no goals scored' Brelllier :silly:

Both massively overrated.

However, I think RP plays the role he's been given by Shabba well. Great game on Sat.

Who's is "Brillier"?

Surely you mean Julian 'no goals scored' Brelllier :silly:

Who is "Brelllier"?

Surely you mean "Brellier" :silly:;)

I've always been critical of Palazuelos, but thought that he was fantastic on Saturday. I certainly don't see any reason why Stewart should walk back into the team, although I'm not utterly convinced that we need a player of Palazuelos's type for home games against the lower down SPL teams.

Edit : Not if we're playing Karipidis, anyway.

I really like Rueben, but to be honest I thought he had a poor game on saturday.

:eek: ok you got my attention with this can you explain ?

I really like Rueben, but to be honest I thought he had a poor game on saturday.

You must be referring to a different game from the one I saw.

i.e. Heart of Midlothian v. Rangers, Tynecastle. Saturday , 29th., November, 2008. Kick-off 12.30p.m.?

Supercalifrejilistic Ruben Palazuelos

If we need Defensive Mids, we'd rather put on Christos

He's our saviour from afar, more lethal than asbestos

Supercalifrejilistic Ruben Palazuelos.

;)

thought he was great on saturday and should play instead of stewart on sat. well i think we should keep that team apart from jonsson or obua in for wallace.

enjoyed watching ruben flick the ball over fergusons head then back over and run away with it. get it right up ye barry!

The People's Chimp

I've often been a critic of RP, but on saturday he played very well. I still think he needs to keep it up and not revert to previous type. But well played.

scott herbertson

;)

Cracking song mate

Deserves a run out, though having had 3 pints of Old Speckled I have to say it's not the best for those with a slurring tendency.....

:booze:

;)

:laugh:

Always meant to ask btw, who stated the quote that makes your signature?

marshallschunkychicken

;)

Weird. But quality. :thumb:

Edit: Plus Ruben was great on Saturday.

Hes flamin awesome! I'v always said that and we should do everything we can to keep him in the team.. easily one of our best players. Very consistent as well, last season he was probaly the only player that would put in a decent performance every week!

Both massively overrated.

However, I think RP plays the role he's been given by Shabba well. Great game on Sat.

both great players in my opinion, not the kisnd of players that stand out for attacking finesse and aren't going to get on the telly, but they stop attacks well, i would definately play ruben in the defensive midfield berth

Ruben should be in in front of Stewart every week. As has been said quietly goes about his business unlike Stewart who is a liability most weeks with the occasional (very) purple patch.

Archived