Left back poser

Victorian

wallace will be missing for the automatic one match ban for a red card, he may or may not incur a further disciplinary threshold ban.

this leaves a problem for left back. wallace has really knuckled down lately and has made himself more or less indispensable. who comes in as replacement? obua, rapnik, perhaps even driver or palazuelos?

i would go for rapnik. he's always spoken highly of from the people who see the reserve games. obua just seems way too flaky, driver is too valuable in his normal position, perhaps palazuelos because there are others to replace him in midfield.

it's a real shame this has come about because it may see the end of the tremendous run.

hope that's not too negative for some. :):eek:

Your obvious choices are Obua, Eggert or Park.

Can't see it being Rapnik tbh.

I suspect Obua will come in and either he or driver will play LB with the other in front of them.

Here's Johnny......................Brown.

yep I'd like to see johnny broon too especially against murderwell as they're cack

methinks Ooh ah obua will get the nod tho'!

I think Jonsson could do a job there. It may be a wee bit early to pitch Obua in whilst he is still adapting to the Scottish game. Another option could be to bring Stewart back into midfield and try Paluzeulos at left back.

Guest juvehearts

Alan Maybury if he is still around at the club.

just sign the fellow.

failing thatm i would have no problem with brown, ruben, wallace matty or ANOther.

recall jose?

Alan Maybury if he is still around at the club.

just sign the fellow.

failing thatm i would have no problem with brown, ruben, wallace matty or ANOther.

recall jose?

:eek:

Please no!

I would go for Eggert or even one of the youngsters.

Please not Obua. Not because I think he is a bad player just that I think he is not a left back in Scotland.

jamboinglasgow

thats who I would rather see, rather have rapnik at CB than LB.

I dont think Obua is a LB in the scottish game, eggert may do well.

Jonsson for me although don't be surprised if Ruben moved there to accommodate Stewart in midfield.

FFS Its taken Csaba 3 months to find the right blend in central midfield. Surely he's not going to change it unless one of the three we've been playing there is injured/suspended.

Stewart, half decent individual player that he is, would upset the balance of the whole team if he came back now.

Pick someone who CAN play left back, put him in for a game until Wallace comes back. LEAVE THE MIDFIELD AS IT IS..........End of story.............SURELY !!!!!

Eggert Jonsson, he played well while at right back when Robbie was out, I think he deserves to be in the team and he can play full back.

Dr. Sheldon Cooper

I can see it being Eggert also. Didn't seem to worry him when he moved there yesterday after the sending off. Looks like Csaba thinks he is a very versatile player, so it wouldn't bother me.

Toxteth O'Grady

That's our natural replacement

but I'd be brave and go for Mikey Deland

Johanes de Silentio
Why not just play a left back at left back?

Step forward Michael Deland.

If you're good enough, you're old enough!

Yup - I don't like seeing players played out of position either.

However, I think that Eggert has been one of our top performers both this and last season, and he seems to be able to do well wherever he's played.

I haven't seen Rapnik, Brown or Deland, but I've heard they're all very good, and it would be great to see them given the chance.

But, I'd rather see Eggert in the team, even out of position, than on the bench.

I think Csaba may go with Obua, anyway!

Toxteth O'Grady

I think Csaba may go with Obua, anyway!

I'm not sure where Lemar should play but I definatly don't fancy him as a defender

Johanes de Silentio
I'm not sure where Lemar should play but I definatly don't fancy him as a defender

Agreed! Obua has to earn his place, and hasn't done so yet.

He should be on the bench "if there's any justice in the world"!

I'll get me coat!

FFS Its taken Csaba 3 months to find the right blend in central midfield. Surely he's not going to change it unless one of the three we've been playing there is injured/suspended.

Stewart, half decent individual player that he is, would upset the balance of the whole team if he came back now.

Pick someone who CAN play left back, put him in for a game until Wallace comes back. LEAVE THE MIDFIELD AS IT IS..........End of story.............SURELY !!!!!

Sorry but im sure mikey was part of the squad that played the first 2 out of the 5 won on a trot? :)

And anyway...it was only friday that people were begging shabba not to give larry a game, one good performance and suddenly hes the best thing since sliced bread.

Id quite happily give mikey another chance if ruben is comfortable playing left back.

You'd hope so...

Karipidis?

Sure he actually played one or two games there.

Take him back to left back, Stewart / Jonsson into midfield.

Not ideal, but thats what happens when you set up your squad with only one left back.

Obua cant settle into a free role yet in the SPL nevermind one where you have to be disciplined and part of a unit

Whats wrong with the reserve LB park?

Tbh if we don't have any faith in him at 20/21 to cover an injury in his position, we may as well release him now.

Charlie-Brown

The U19 Scottish cup tie is at Falkirk stadium 2pm Sunday - Delands is probably a definite starter in that game & J.Brown is further ahead in the queue.

Given we played all those in the reseves in the last u19 game (Brown, Husband, Rapnik etc) we will get the same.

I have no doubt we will play someone out of position before a youth.

I think Jonsson could do a job there. It may be a wee bit early to pitch Obua in whilst he is still adapting to the Scottish game. Another option could be to bring Stewart back into midfield and try Paluzeulos at left back.

FORGET STEWART IN ANY POSITION.......Eggert to LB....minimum changes required when we're on a roll :mad:

Karipidis?

Sure he actually played one or two games there.

Take him back to left back, Stewart / Jonsson into midfield.

Not ideal, but thats what happens when you set up your squad with only one left back.

Obua cant settle into a free role yet in the SPL nevermind one where you have to be disciplined and part of a unit

Minimum changes .....NO to STEWART at any time......Eggert is my choice

If we are actually ever going to get an idea of how some of the youngsters will perform in the SPL, they have to be given their chance. Matthew Park would be well worth a try on Saturday in my opinion. It would be his chance to shine and put some pressure on Lee Wallace for that position.

Charlie-Brown

Csaba gave Brown half an hour run out v Hull, i reckon he might get the nod, is there a reserve game this week?

wallace will be missing for the automatic one match ban for a red card, he may or may not incur a further disciplinary threshold ban.

I don't think he's hit the threshold

Saturday's cards were Wallaces 3rd and 4th of the season.

Michael Stewart got his 4th as early as Tannadice and continued to play

I'd be a bit wary of playing a relatively untested full back at Fir Park given the pasting we got the last time we did that...

I'd be a bit wary of playing a relatively untested full back at Fir Park given the pasting we got the last time we did that...

I know what you're saying but we'll never blood any youngsters if we don't give them a run out.

The coaching staff should be able to make a reasonable judgment on how well they would do but with young debutants it's always a calculated risk.

johnny brown would be the natural choice i would think. from what i saw of him against hull he looked pretty good and it would make sense to play a full back at left back rather than a centre midfielder.

why no put robbie at left back and jason thomson at right back?

Because it's a combination which would more than likely cause the world to implode.

Archived