What was wrong with Balogh and Kello?

thewanderer

Balogh was ill

Kello has dropped below Macdonald

I can't see Balogh being kept on, can we really justify another wage when they dont seem to see much between the 3 keepers.

the lad did very well yesterday, his handling was top notch.

give him a run csaba, he's got the jersey now and doesn't deserve to be dropped.

the lad did very well yesterday, his handling was top notch.

give him a run csaba, he's got the jersey now and doesn't deserve to be dropped.

ye agree 100%

Chad Sexington

Looks like Kello may have lost a bit of form after his ropey display in the derby.

Csaba sees him every day in training so I'm happy enough with his judgment.

I'm yet to be convinced that McDonald is a long term option though. He was nowhere at the OG yesterday.

Looks like Kello may have lost a bit of form after his ropey display in the derby.

Csaba sees him every day in training so I'm happy enough with his judgment.

I'm yet to be convinced that McDonald is a long term option though. He was nowhere at the OG yesterday.

to be fair they were swinging in some vicious in-swingers into some difficult places.

Chad Sexington
to be fair they were swinging in some vicious in-swingers into some difficult places.

Yep, he came out and did well with quite a few crosses yesterday but like I say, he was posted missing, IMO, at the goal.

Having said that, he'll probably never have a quieter game against one of the bigot bros for the rest of his career. :)

Yep, he came out and did well with quite a few crosses yesterday but like I say, he was posted missing, IMO, at the goal.

Having said that, he'll probably never have a quieter game against one of the bigot bros for the rest of his career. :)

probably true. mostly due to the tremendous efforts of berra, zali, wallace, neilson and karipidis. rangers should really have cottoned on early doors that they weren't going to get any joy in the air and that they should have kept it on the deck. i was expecting ferguson and mendes to over-run the midfield but it never turned out that way.

the whole team put in a great shift to be fair.

MacDonald starting and Kello being on the bench is clearly another indication that Romanov is still pulling the strings and he still wants as many Kaunas players in the team as possible.

:mad:

MacDonald starting and Kello being on the bench is clearly another indication that Romanov is still pulling the strings and he still wants as many Kaunas players in the team as possible.

:mad:

:D

i'm sure there's an explanation just waiting to be invented for it!!

Balogh was ill

Kello has dropped below Macdonald

I can't see Balogh being kept on, can we really justify another wage when they dont seem to see much between the 3 keepers.

Agree with that.

Pointless having three 'keepers of the same ability.

At least MacDonald has age on his side and I there are areas he need to improve on.

Kello and Balogh look inconvincing so far.

:D

i'm sure there's an explanation just waiting to be invented for it!!

You can bet your bottom dollar that had Kello started yesterday, the news of Balogh having (Vlad;))flu would be met with mass hysteria on here, Claims of interference would be rife. (Live on TV in Lithuania etc etc)

That being despite the fact that Kello was in possesion of the No1 jersey before Balogh.

I have yet to see a single shread of evidence that Vladimir Romanov has been involved in any team selection this season.

Still, it seems the team being picked on merit by the manager is not enough to convince some to return, apparently 'assurances' are required before they will do so.

You can bet your bottom dollar that had Kello started yesterday, the news of Balogh having (Vlad;))flu would be met with mass hysteria on here, Claims of interference would be rife. (Live on TV in Lithuania etc etc)

That being despite the fact that Kello was in possesion of the No1 jersey before Balogh.

I have yet to see a single shread of evidence that Vladimir Romanov has been involved in any team selection this season.

Still, it seems the team being picked on merit by the manager is not enough to convince some to return, apparently 'assurances' are required before they will do so.

very true, i have seen the comments re assurances being required. what really gets me is that if and when assurances are given, they are normally dismissed out of hand as "propaganda" or "spin" or "blatant lies".

i think a lot of people are still traumatised from all the past interference and are simply waiting for stories of current interference to surface.

Tiberius Stinkfinger
very true, i have seen the comments re assurances being required. what really gets me is that if and when assurances are given, they are normally dismissed out of hand as "propaganda" or "spin" or "blatant lies".

i think a lot of people are still traumatised from all the past interference and are simply waiting for stories of current interference to surface.

Explain to me who made the Chesney substitution then ???? ;)

marius zaluikas

i'm sure you can make up your own mind about it. you need no explanations. maybe aguiar was toiling, maybe csaba wanted fresh legs on to chase long balls.

loveofthegame

Csaba. He obviously wanted to go to a conventional 4 in midfield by putting a right mid at right mid, so a centre mid had to come off. Leaving Karipidis and Ruben on made sense to help keep it tight as our backs where against the walls.

Chesney gave us the option of giving the ball to a runner to take some off the pressure off. Thought it was sensible enough.

Tiberius Stinkfinger
i'm sure you can make up your own mind about it. you need no explanations. maybe aguiar was toiling, maybe csaba wanted fresh legs on to chase long balls.

"maybe"............Thats a word not used by yourself on many occasions.

I deal in facts,not "maybe's". ;)

I suspect he chose to go on himself as i heard from a reliable source that its all the "Liths" that gather together to pick the team.

loveofthegame

I suspect he chose to go on himself as i heard from a reliable source that its all the "Liths" that gather together to pick the team.

Are you kidding here?! Thats why 1 of them starts regularly?! Apologies if i'm missing something...

Tiberius Stinkfinger
Are you kidding here?! Thats why 1 of them starts regularly?! Apologies if i'm missing something...

Be calm brother..

Kidding was i :mw_tease:

good one mate. there was nowt wrong with that subby anyway, i though aguiar had a good game but was starting to toil. we needed any fresh legs on the pitch to see out the game.

i see no evidence that someone other than csaba picks the team or subbies.

Tiberius Stinkfinger
good one mate. there was nowt wrong with that subby anyway, i though aguiar had a good game but was starting to toil. we needed any fresh legs on the pitch to see out the game.

i see no evidence that someone other than csaba picks the team or subbies.

I agree mate,i reckon Csaba has full control and have said so on many occasions.

I wish he had full control of the wages as well ;)

I agree mate,i reckon Csaba has full control and have said so on many occasions.

I wish he had full control of the wages as well ;)

ha ha, maybe he does have control of the wages and loves winding up the players by not paying them. ooooh that bad man csaba.

not being serious before anyone decides to lowp on me from a great height.

Tiberius Stinkfinger
ha ha, maybe he does have control of the wages and loves winding up the players by not paying them. ooooh that bad man csaba.

not being serious before anyone decides to lowp on me from a great height.

Good job you arent being serious or you'd have been nailed for that quip.

Iam also a better supporter than you as well by the way.

Fact..No debate

Csaba has gone on about how we need to counter attack better when holding onto a lead and we need quick players.

Cesnauskis is quick and a good player to have when counter attacking.

pettigrewsstylist

the pessimist in me says we cant afford Balloghs wages beyond Jan, (no idea what they are), i realise Ballogh was unavailable yesterday but Kellos wasnt?

Shabba knows what Kello brings so wanted another look at Jamie?

All speculative of course but lets see if Balogh plays again

Really really hope im wrong

I'll have to see the ighlights again (sober) but I thought the 'keeper had the original ball into the box covered until Karapidis swung at it.

We've been pretty fortunate over the years with good keepers...the current 3 aren't in the same class as Neimi, Gordon, Rouset unfortunately...

Mind you...I forgot Tepi....Yikes!

Felt Jamie had a brilliant game yesterday. He was thrown in at the deep end but sometimes that's what'll make or break a player. Keep him in there I say.

Archived