Cautiously excited for the future

123kid

The whole focus on youth thing exites me.

Especially when we hope to be pinching the best of Scotland from the old firm.

Its the only vialble option for creating a top class team that could eventually compete for the SPL and to an extent compete in Europe.

Also on the bigger scale, I think other Scottish clubs will be adopting a similar focus and I think in some years we will see a much improved SPL with quality Scottish players.

The whole focus on youth thing exites me.

Especially when we hope to be pinching the best of Scotland from the old firm.

Its the only vialble option for creating a top class team that could eventually compete for the SPL and to an extent compete in Europe.

Also on the bigger scale, I think other Scottish clubs will be adopting a similar focus and I think in some years we will see a much improved SPL with quality Scottish players.

I still think we should be giving these kids a bit more incentive. If we ever get into the situation of being 2 goals up with 20 minutes to play I?d like to see us blooding some more youth. Only MacDonald has debuted this season so far...

For the first time in a long while I feel as if our players are progressing in their development.

It makes me excited because I know that there has always been talent within the ranks at Riccarton and if we can start to realise the potential we will have a converer belt of talent coming through.

I feel confident in the men in charge of the football side of the club.

portobellojambo1
I still think we should be giving these kids a bit more incentive. If we ever get into the situation of being 2 goals up with 20 minutes to play I?d like to see us blooding some more youth. Only MacDonald has debuted this season so far...

I think the club may actually find themselves in a no win situation Spellczech.

While I do agree with what you say, and personally have no problems with youth getting its chance if they are deemed ready, I suspect the club realise that they have got to do better, league wise and performance wise, than last season, and may be a bit hesitant about throwing kids in, just in case results turn against us and the kids cop the blame for it.

I think the club may actually find themselves in a no win situation Spellczech.

While I do agree with what you say, and personally have no problems with youth getting its chance if they are deemed ready, I suspect the club realise that they have got to do better, league wise and performance wise, than last season, and may be a bit hesitant about throwing kids in, just in case results turn against us and the kids cop the blame for it.

Agreed. 1 win over Rangers at home and some people are immediately talking about splitting the OF again! I doubt St Mirren fans were saying that after their win over the Gers a few weeks ago!

It is difficult for managers as blooding youngsters is all about timing, and it frustrated me that Glen and if you count one touch of the ball, Robinson, were the only ones that Frail introduced when we were comfortable in the bottom six. I?d have liked to see a defender and midfielder also get a sniff at first team action too...Sitting on the bench as an U21 sub would be far better for these kids if there was actually the chance that they may get a run-out. Otherwise we are no different from the OF, and we cannot compete with them for young talent if we are similarly reticent about introducing them...

Otherwise we are no different from the OF, and we cannot compete with them for young talent if we are similarly reticent about introducing them...

That is true. But I do feel we will see a few more youngsters debuts this season.

pettigrewsstylist

im sure we will after the Tyncastle January sales which im starting to suspect are required to keep us solvent in the immediate term.

In short i think we will be blooding them for all wrong reasons and this will greatly reduce Shabbas ability to 'protect' and 'nurture' them through this process

jamboinglasgow
That is true. But I do feel we will see a few more youngsters debuts this season.

I do think that as well. We need stabilty and expenerence. I think we will get experence in January.

As for your original coment, I agree, I think we are close to something great. There is talent in hearts below first team level, I have seen it. It will come through when csaba thinks they are ready and the first team is ready to accomdate it.

Watching Arsenal play today and realising how young they are I think Hearts are trying to emulate what arsenal do, obviously in a smaller scale. I can see Csaba as a Wenger style manager. That may seem like wishful thinking but if you think about it he suits him.

If we do it right hearts can attract the best scottish talent into the youth ranks as under uncle walter you dont play for rangers if you are young and you only play for celtic as a youth if your irish.

im sure we will after the Tyncastle January sales which im starting to suspect are required to keep us solvent in the immediate term.

In short i think we will be blooding them for all wrong reasons and this will greatly reduce Shabbas ability to 'protect' and 'nurture' them through this process

:hobofish:Three posts, all 'finance-related'. Reeks of hobo-ism.

When needs must. Safeguarding the future of the club is more important.

pettigrewsstylist

agreed totally

just hope theyre given a chance , if it costs us eufa cup slot 2nd half of season i suspect they may not be.

Archived