Shabba's 4-1-1-1-1-1-1 formation

spacerjoe

4-2-3-1 with the players we have.

A poacher to play alongside Nade and switch it to 4-4-2.

What then happens with Bruno?

He's playing the best football of his career at Hearts in this position.

What then happens with Bruno?

He's playing the best football of his career at Hearts in this position.

Nade - ????

Driver - Ruben - Aguiar - Kingston

Wallace - Berra - Zali - Jonnson

This would be my favoured set-up.

I know Csaba does tend to gibber on and on when asked a question, but if you actually listen to the relevant parts (it's hard as he does just keep saying things that are only loosely connected) he does seem to have an excellent understanding of tactics and how best to set up against other teams and make best use of what he has.

He's doing a great job with a limited squad and I trust him with whatever formation he decides.

I know Csaba does tend to gibber on and on when asked a question, but if you actually listen to the relevant parts (it's hard as he does just keep saying things that are only loosely connected) he does seem to have an excellent understanding of tactics and how best to set up against other teams and make best use of what he has.

He's doing a great job with a limited squad and I trust him with whatever formation he decides.

Let?s not kid ourselves - we are not carving out tonnes of chances and the striker is still being used as a decoy to drag defenders around rather than as a proper goal threat. Nade had no chances yesterday yet we still reckon he had a good game. Now we cannot expect to create dozens of chances against the OF but we?re not making any more against weaker opposition either.

The reason the OF dominate in Scotland is that they are able to create a lot of chances for their strikers so even if they have strikers who only score one in 3 or one in 5 they?ll still score 2-3 goals per game on average.

One thing that has always struck me is the way Celtic can dominate other teams by retaining possession about 20-25 yards out probing for openings. We don?t have that ability, and TBH neither do Rangers at the moment...That is why Celtic are top of the league.

Let?s not kid ourselves - we are not carving out tonnes of chances and the striker is still being used as a decoy to drag defenders around rather than as a proper goal threat. Nade had no chances yesterday yet we still reckon he had a good game. Now we cannot expect to create dozens of chances against the OF but we?re not making any more against weaker opposition either.

The reason the OF dominate in Scotland is that they are able to create a lot of chances for their strikers so even if they have strikers who only score one in 3 or one in 5 they?ll still score 2-3 goals per game on average.

One thing that has always struck me is the way Celtic can dominate other teams by retaining possession about 20-25 yards out probing for openings. We don?t have that ability, and TBH neither do Rangers at the moment...That is why Celtic are top of the league.

Not disagreeing with what you say, but think back to a few weeks ago before the victories started arriving.

We created tonnes of chances against Hibs and enough against Killie to beat them.

We just don't have the players to rip other teams on a regular basis like we did at times in 05-06 and we do lack a finisher.

Let?s not kid ourselves - we are not carving out tonnes of chances and the striker is still being used as a decoy to drag defenders around rather than as a proper goal threat.

Sounds just like the Burley days. Most of our goals came from midfield as both of our strikers (especially Janny) would pull the defences open, allowing Hartley, Skacel and Miko to get in.

Its more intelligent play than the orthodox 4-4-2 in my opinion.

Of course, we're not scoring much at the moment, but we are finding consistency.

I have no problem with it away from home and against the OF.

I dont think we should play it against the likes of St Mirren, Falkirk and the wee team ;) at home.

Its slighty better now we have Larry,Bruno and Driver all in the team as they attack, before hands it was like having 9 defenders and a KFC addict on the park.

Anybody still totally against it?

Unlike alot of people, I've never been against it - as a single formation is very adaptable when played properly and appropriately. To me, it is about what our wide players do (Driver, Miko, Kingston, Obua, Chesney). With the exception of Obua, I think they are still growing into the formation.

Against the teams perceived to be weaker teams, the two wide players should be playing much closer to Nade than they have so far, almost making a 4-3-3.

Away from home and against the ugly sisters, the wide players play further back, more in line with Bruno with the emphasis on stifling the opposition, then using the lone striker as a battering ram to hold the ball up and breaking out quickly when possible.

Nade - ????

Driver - Ruben - Aguiar - Kingston

Wallace - Berra - Zali - Jonnson

This would be my favoured set-up.

What, no Neilson? After the last five games, hard to see how you could leave him out.

lost in leith
What, no Neilson? After the last five games, hard to see how you could leave him out.

More to the point, no goalkeeper :P

Laughed out loud when I read the thread title but it's not too far away from how we played against Rangers.

--------------------------McDonald-----------------------

---Neilson---------Zaliukas----------Berra---------Wallace--

---------------------------Karipidis-------------------------

--------------------------Palazuelos------------------------

-----Kingston-----------------------------------Driver------

---------------------------Aguiar---------------------------

----------------------------Nade---------------------------

The famous 4-1-1-2-1-1 formation. :rolleyes:

Archived