Couple of bits of info re. the wages issue..

Martin_T

-As has been confirmed by Christophe Berra in the press today, the players are relaxed about the situation and trust the management at the club who have told them the money will be in by Monday.

-The players have also been told that all recent win bonuses will be paid in January (probably suggests we have a player sale lined up I would think) and again they are relaxed about this situation.

As a seperate issue, a few of the young guys were pretty annoyed about Makela's continued inclusion on the bench as he has not even been featuring from the start for the reserves of late.

-

As a seperate issue, a few of the young guys were pretty annoyed about Makela's continued inclusion on the bench as he has not even been featuring from the start for the reserves of late.

Going by the line ups and formations given on Hearts TV in the last 3 games, 6 different players have started up front (formation given as a 4-4-2). Makela started one of those games. Different 2 for each game.

Going by the line ups and formations given on Hearts TV in the last 3 games, 6 different players have started up front (formation given as a 4-4-2). Makela started one of those games. Different 2 for each game.

My source for this and the other information was a player who is currently in the first team squad. I believe Makela may not have started the last two reserve games. The younger players were told that they will be getting more of a chance from January.

-As has been confirmed by Christophe Berra in the press today, the players are relaxed about the situation and trust the management at the club who have told them the money will be in by Monday.

-The players have also been told that all recent win bonuses will be paid in January (probably suggests we have a player sale lined up I would think) and again they are relaxed about this situation.

So basically we do not have the money we require to meet our contractual obligations and are reliant on the sale of a player in January to do so.

Additionally we have put an expensive player with a larger bonus/salary on the bench before the youths we will need to rely on pretty soon and in the process ****ed them off.

I am so glad our club is managed in such a professional way :(

Charlie-Brown

Prancer many fitba teams including Hibs rely on player sales to try to balance the books, that's why they are looking to sell Fletcher in January - very few football clubs operate in profit and have positive cash flow but then you knew that anyway.

Prancer many fitba teams including Hibs rely on player sales to try to balance the books, that's why they are looking to sell Fletcher in January - very few football clubs operate in profit and have positive cash flow but then you knew that anyway.

Granted, but other clubs balance there books in advance on the whole so they can actually pay as obligations come due.

Other than Livingston, is there another Scottish club who do not pay their wages on time?

The club should have proper financial staff in place to budget and manage the finances, and this should have been addressed at the beginning of the season.

It is extremely worrying if true that we cannot fulfil our wage bill

Granted, but other clubs balance there books in advance on the whole so they can actually pay as obligations come due.

Other than Livingston, is there another Scottish club who do not pay their wages on time?

The club should have proper financial staff in place to budget and manage the finances, and this should have been addressed at the beginning of the season.

At the current time though Prancer, the club has been fufilling the wage bill, it just hasn't been doing so on time. It is poor practice though, I don't think anyone disagrees with that.

The long term issue remains, that for Hearts to be a sustainable business, the wage bill must be brought into line. This is of course unless Romanov's interest has been revived by our recent good run, although funding this time would come from his own personal wealth and not through cheap credit that is no longer available.

My source for this and the other information was a player who is currently in the first team squad. I believe Makela may not have started the last two reserve games. The younger players were told that they will be getting more of a chance from January.

Thanks Martin.

It's like being back in the Pieman days by having to sell our top players to maintain our financial commitments, but I'm happier if the club operates prudently like this within it's means.

To me there can only be one of three players going - Driver, Kingston or Berra. Don't particularly want to lose any of them during the season and not sure any of them want to leave. I would have to relectantly say I hope it is Larry.

It is good news for the young players though and the U19 results this year suggest some of them are ready for the opportunity to step up.

Roy Keane, Gianfranco Zola and Tony Adams have been told to sell before they can buy. The Evening News/ Hibernian Exchange & Mart is busy trying to drum up interest in Steven Fletcher at Hibs. Uncle Wattie has been told to sell before he can buy.

You are such a drama queen.

That's not exactly my reading of what he is quoted in the Sunday Herald as saying: "We have been told we'll get the wages on Monday. I'm not going to pretend it's not some sort of concern but we trust the people at the club, and the owner."

It's a given that someone of the calibre of Berra will be diplomatic in this situation. Reading between the lines - which I think you need to here - it suggests to me the players are more than a little bit worried. And, after the stuff that came out of the club last month assuring them that steps would be taken to ensure this didn't happen again, why wouldn't they be?

Roy Keane, Gianfranco Zola and Tony Adams have been told to sell before they can buy. The Evening News/ Hibernian Exchange & Mart is busy trying to drum up interest in Steven Fletcher at Hibs. Uncle Wattie has been told to sell before he can buy.

You are such a drama queen.

Theres a difference between sell before you can buy and sell before you can pay your existing players.

That's not exactly my reading of what he is quoted in the Sunday Herald as saying: "We have been told we'll get the wages on Monday. I'm not going to pretend it's not some sort of concern but we trust the people at the club, and the owner."

It's a given that someone of the calibre of Berra will be diplomatic in this situation. Reading between the lines - which I think you need to here - it suggests to me the players are more than a little bit worried. And, after the stuff that came out of the club last month assuring them that steps would be taken to ensure this didn't happen again, why wouldn't they be?

As I said leginten, the information I have came from a player currently in the first team squad. Unless they have all been coached to peddle the same line, then I'm inclined to believe it is the truth.

Of course it does not excuse the incomptence at what I am assuming is the UBIG end in allowing this to happen.

portobellojambo1

I have decided not to respond to your posts until such times as you learn the difference between the third person plural possessive adjective (their) and an adverb (there)

As I said leginten, the information I have came from a player currently in the first team squad. Unless they have all been coached to peddle the same line, then I'm inclined to believe it is the truth.

Of course it does not excuse the incomptence at what I am assuming is the UBIG end in allowing this to happen.

Fair enough. It just struck me when I read Berra's comments in the paper this morning that if they were really not bothered about it he might have said it wasn't an issue at all.

I have decided not to respond to your posts until such times as you learn the difference between the third person plural possessive adjective (their) and an adverb (there)

You could wait a long time..... :rolleyes:

Heartbroken:rolleyes:

Archived