• Bruno AGUIAR
    • Ruben PALAZUELOS
    • Andrew DRIVER
    • Christian NADE
    • Eggert JONSSON
    • Deividas CESNAUSKIS
    • David OBUA

portobellojambo1

Time to vote again. Like last week there are potentially a number of choices, given the level of performance again. Personally I found it difficult to find fault with any of the Hearts players, they all produced yesterday, which makes such decisions difficult. So then you have to look for those who produced just a little bit more. For me that meant two players, Christian Nade and the man who I believe was a standout; my M.O.T.M. vote this week goes to Christophe Berra, who was quite simply excellent.

MODS - Could you sticky this please. Thank you

Several excellent performances yeaterday, but Zal just shades it for me, particularly with his goal and in the light the severe criticism he's faced in the last few weeks (myself included). Was man enough to admit publicly that he's made errors and never put a foot wrong yesterday.

How refreshing tho' for it to be such a hard decision? I thought Berra, Kara, Nade, Bruno and Palazuelos were alo immense yesterday and any one of them could be nominated. But for a couple of clangers in the second half Robbie of all people could have joined that list.

Great to have to seriously think about who to give the MOM to as there were so many genuine contenders this week.

Went for Berra myself but that was a great team performance yesterday.

Well done to all of them

I think that when everybody plays so well as a team, there should be an option to pick the manager as MOTM.

Berra gets my nomination because of his two assists for the goals, his long range shot that might have gone in :) , the strength and resolve he showed in containing Boyd and his leadership particularly in the last 20 minutes when the defence might have crumpled without it.

Zal for me.

He and Berra were superb with Big Zal just shading it.

Scoring the 1st goal also helped.

:)

Special mention for Palazuelos who had his best game in a maroon jersey.

Great team performance.

Agree with the views expressed above, such a seminal team performance that 'man of the match' does not do it justice. That said, from Section A, the first half performance of Berra was incredible - won so many headers, blocked so much attacking traffic - and I can only presume he carried on doing that in the second half too (hard to see from Section A). Given the fact Rangers resorted to lumping high balls in for the last 15 minutes, probably a tribute to Berra cancelling out all other options. He broke down their attacks, and limited their options superbly, an outstanding performance. There was not one passenger out there yesterday, (Larry deserves a special mention, his runs were creating havoc to the shape of the huns), but there was one superb leader.

Berra - and looks like I'm not alone in my vote too.

Deodato

Have to say probably Berra for me. He lept like a salmon all afternoon! Caused Rangers no end of problems. Zaliukas as well - a collossus!! Why can't he play like that every week? :o

Impressed with McDonald as well - looked confident and competent. From what I have seen of him he looks like our best keeper.

Jamie_Mcintyre

well for once we can have a man of the match finaly !!

its hard but i think perhaps big chrissy bee ;);)

:107years:

A fair few to choose from but I opted for Ruben Palazeulos.

I thought he done a grand job in front of the back four with Karipidis. Put his foot on the ball when the game needed it and composed the whole team with his inteliigent and neat passing keeping us in possession.

loveofthegame

Great team performance, thought in particular the 2 centre halfs and 2 centre mids (Karipidis and Ruben) where superb. But after the stick i gave him earlier in the week, Zali made me eat my words. Performances like that every week and there would be no complaints. Well played big man, just nicking MOTM ahead of Berra.

Great team performance, thought in particular the 2 centre halfs and 2 centre mids (Karipidis and Ruben) where superb. But after the stick i gave him earlier in the week, Zali made me eat my words. Performances like that every week and there would be no complaints. Well played big man, just nicking MOTM ahead of Berra.

Went for Berra, inspirational display and a hand in both goals

Emerging as a true captain, will be a sad day if he leaves before 2010

Thunderstruck

Gave the team 10/10 yesterday but, if I have to pick a MoM, I will give it to Zal for a controlled and powerful display and for admirable strength of character.

Sexton Hardcastle

Zal over Berra.

Berra need to learn to get his hands off the attackers. On several occasions he was all over Boyd and we know how easy they go down/get the decision there way.

Though Eggert was solid when he came on. No nonsense and go through players to tkae the ball in the final minutes.

loveofthegame
Zal over Berra.

Berra need to learn to get his hands off the attackers. On several occasions he was all over Boyd and we know how easy they go down/get the decision there way.

Though Eggert was solid when he came on. No nonsense and go through players to tkae the ball in the final minutes.

Thought it was completely the other way round. Boyd fouls literally EVERY time the ball is hit in his direction. Wasn't penalised nearly enough, and somehow managed to get some of the decisions.

Both centre halfs were exceptional. Only thing to seperate them was Zal's goal. Mind you Berra created them both with towering headers at the back door. Can I vote for them both?

So many candidates, who to choose?

Neilson had a great 1st half. No one was getting past him.

Berra and Zal were on the top of their games. When Zal keeps his concentration we can see how good he can be.

Karipidis and Ruben totally snuffed out rangers midfield threat.

All the (cough) flair came from players in maroon. Bruno, Driver and Kingston.

Like several other players this season I have been critical of Kingstons effort level. No such critisisms could be thrown his way yesterday.

I've chosen Ruben for my MOTM but it easily could have been any of the others.

Berra has hardly missed a beat for the last couple of months. He's been superb and was the same again yesterday.

I gave my vote to Karapidis....becuase before yesterday i kept wishing that Csaba would get him out of midfield as I thought he was a waste of time there......I was was proved wrong yesterday.

i think karipidis deserves a mention for his part in breaking down the rangers attacks, along with ruben, together they rendered mendes useless and barry equally useless

Archived