Ricardo Fuller is class and Craig Gordon is poo

Wallace

Fuller is a good player for Stoke and causes the defence problems. Gordon however, seems to have been really poor for Sunderland since he moved. Im starting to think we got luck with the amount paid for him! Then again he was outstanding for us, and Scotland too.

Fuller is a good player for Stoke and causes the defence problems. Gordon however, seems to have been really poor for Sunderland since he moved. Im starting to think we got luck with the amount paid for him! Then again he was outstanding for us, and Scotland too.

Missed MOTD tonight but in Craig's defence it's his first game in about a month due to an ankle injury

just my thoughts :D after watching motd

you would be poo as well with the bomb scare defence that sunderland have...:eek:

keane has to go today

Yes mate i am sure, he is in no danger anything near poo, as you say.Give him two seasons in the prem and watch him sign for the big four!!

Saw a tiny little bit of Soccer Saturday yesterday, Chris Kamara stated that Craig Gordon had made some excellent saves.

Put Lev Yashin behind that defence and he would toil.

Craig Gordon might be a decent shotstopper but i was never convinced about the way he commanded his box he was too quiet in controlling defenders in front of him. I was in Majorca when the news came through that Sunderland were willing to pay ?7m for him, when i got home, we'd sold him for ?9m! Excellent piece of buisness! Still think Sunderland was the wrong club for him though, hopefully, one of the bigger teams come in for him eventually, don't think he'll improve by staying there.

Captain Canada

Think Gordon has gone backwards since he left us, luckily for him McGregor is not having a great season either or his Scotland place would be in serious jeopardy. Sunderland's defence is abysmal though and that's bound to affect his confidence. He's still a young guy and I'm sure he'll bounce back and recover the kind of form he had with us.

To be fair to him of the four goals Bolton scored yesterday I'd say only one as perhaps savable.....he was constantly left exposed by his terrible defense. I certainly don't think he is poo as the OP suggests.

That said i agree with the sentiments that he wont improve playing at Sunderland. Good goalkeepers need good defenses, at this rate his confidence will be shot to pieces....

Nonsense. Gordon put in some tremendous saves yesterday, and just back from around a month out with an ankle injury.

The Sunderland defence is a joke. Zero confidence and less ability, if Keane doesn't boot them all out in January and bring in new blood he may as well grab his coat and get himself to feck.

Gordon is 10x the goalie McGregor is and ever will be, his No1 place is assured.

Nonsense. Gordon put in some tremendous saves yesterday, and just back from around a month out with an ankle injury.

The Sunderland defence is a joke. Zero confidence and less ability, if Keane doesn't boot them all out in January and bring in new blood he may as well grab his coat and get himself to feck.

Gordon is 10x the goalie McGregor is and ever will be, his No1 place is assured.

Correct all round.

Ok I'm biased but prior to watching MoTD I'd been led to believe CG was badly at fault for all of them.

The old doesn't command his area chesnut. Not one came from a cross he should have went for. Jamie MacDonald was rightly applauded for for picking out a couple of cross balls yesterday. But he also started to come for a few and stopped as he knew he wasn't going to get there. But hey, some fans out there believe goalies should come for everything. Better to leave yourself badly exposed because it makes you look commanding. (Note McGregor's loss in form of late)

First was the only dubious one. The fact he got his fingertips to it make it look worse as it's a case of what if. Should his starting position have been 6 inches further back? If he'd just let it loop over his head and go in it might not have looked as bad.

And the 3rd at the near post was an excellent finish.

Craig is still a great keeper.

The problem with Sunderland is that their back 4 are utterly clueless and constantly leave him totally exposed and hung out to dry.

This makes the big man look crap but it's the defenders in front of him that need replaced.

blondejamtart

Couldn't have put it better myself - well said, that man! :thumb:

Put Lev Yashin behind that defence and he would toil.

The Hulk would struggle behind Sunderland's defence!

Correct all round.

Ok I'm biased but prior to watching MoTD I'd been led to believe CG was badly at fault for all of them.

The old doesn't command his area chesnut. Not one came from a cross he should have went for. Jamie MacDonald was rightly applauded for for picking out a couple of cross balls yesterday. But he also started to come for a few and stopped as he knew he wasn't going to get there. But hey, some fans out there believe goalies should come for everything. Better to leave yourself badly exposed because it makes you look commanding. (Note McGregor's loss in form of late)

First was the only dubious one. The fact he got his fingertips to it make it look worse as it's a case of what if. Should his starting position have been 6 inches further back? If he'd just let it loop over his head and go in it might not have looked as bad.

And the 3rd at the near post was an excellent finish.

Yep, commanding your area a la Schmeichel is only one way to be a GK. Craig Gordon has a different style and it works but only if you have CBs who are dominant in the air like Pressley and Webster were for Craig, but then Schmeichel had good CBs too. Sunderland?s whole back line is mince. Clearly Keane spent too long studying the managerial style of Gordon Strachan and not enough looking at Alex Ferguson...

just my thoughts :D after watching motd

Ricardo was brilliant for us ..no doubt. However anyone who thinks Craig Gordon is anything else other than a fantastic goalkeeper is, an attention seeker!!!!

Archived