Famous Jambos

robbogoal

There is another thread talking about the empty seats today. It got me o thinking about the Scotish Governments new ad about returning 'home' to Scotland.

In it they have Sean Connery, a few more famous Scots including Jambo Chris Hoy.

If Hearts were to do a similar ad to entice folk back, or for people to become Hearts supporters, who would you put in it and why?

Fot those there every week, dont ingnore but think of inspiring, famous Jambos who inspire you or who you admire...

Doctor FinnBarr
There is another thread talking about the empty seats today. It got me o thinking about the Scotish Governments new ad about returning 'home' to Scotland.

In it they have Sean Connery, a few more famous Scots including Jambo Chris Hoy.

If Hearts were to do a similar ad to entice folk back, or for people to become Hearts supporters, who would you put in it and why?

Fot those there every week, dont ingnore but think of inspiring, famous Jambos who inspire you or who you admire...

Ronnie Corbett (I'll supply the cushion for him).

Wattie fae The Exploited

exploitedjuly81bsmall.jpg

Seen that caledonia ad for the first time tonight.

When you coming back to scotland sean?

Nah didnt ******** think so.:rolleyes:

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Slightly off topic but how much of a ****ing ***** is Sean Connery. Preaching to us about independance, telling us how much he loves Scotland, from his house in the Canary Islands!!!! If Scotland means that much to you mate, get your arse back and start paying your ****ing taxes. And at the same time make up your mid up once and for all if its Celtic or Rangers MOD EDIT

Rant Over

The guy who wasn't the annoying camp Irish one from D:Ream is a big Jambo. Al McKenzie his name is. Very good DJ as well.

Narrative Arc

if this advert is aimed at bringing Scots home for next years Burns celebrations, why is it being broadcast here? Seems a waste of money.

I'd call them a bunch of phannies.

Buffalo Bill

There is another thread talking about the empty seats today. It got me o thinking about the Scotish Governments new ad about returning 'home' to Scotland. In it they have Sean Connery, a few more famous Scots including Jambo Chris Hoy.If Hearts were to do a similar ad to entice folk back, or for people to become Hearts supporters, who would you put in it and why?Fot those there every week, dont ingnore but think of inspiring, famous Jambos who inspire you or who you admire...

Once met the Vice President of Pfizer. He is an ex-Edinburgh boy but now based in the US near Boston. He had arranged a business trip to the UK and had comandeered the company jet to being him to Edinburgh so he could take in a match before flying out.

It was a Motherwell home game (the Ricardo Fuller game) and I remember him wanting a ticket for the Main Stand as that was where he watched the matches in his Edinburgh days.

I still think of him ...... Boston to Edinburgh for a home game against Motherwell and to watch it with a pillar blocking the view of some of the pitch!!!! Bizarre

Dean Winchester
Once met the Vice President of Pfizer. He is an ex-Edinburgh boy but now based in the US near Boston. He had arranged a business trip to the UK and had comandeered the company jet to being him to Edinburgh so he could take in a match before flying out.

It was a Motherwell home game (the Ricardo Fuller game) and I remember him wanting a ticket for the Main Stand as that was where he watched the matches in his Edinburgh days.

I still think of him ...... Boston to Edinburgh for a home game against Motherwell and to watch it with a pillar blocking the view of some of the pitch!!!! Bizarre

But if he was already here in the UK then it wasn't actually from Boston to Edinburgh. London to Edinburgh doesn't sound nearly as impressive! :rolleyes:

And dont get me started on ****ing Lulu!!!

Lulu!? Her of the fake English accent but speaks with a Scottish accent when it suits her, cannae stand her.

Famous Jambos? One hit wonder Cicero, (Love is everything 1992). I remember the video, it was shot in his bedroom i think, you can see a Hearts duvet on his bed and photos on his wall.

Once met the Vice President of Pfizer. He is an ex-Edinburgh boy but now based in the US near Boston. Bizarre

Did he dish out any free samples?:embarassed::

Sydney from Sydney

New Zealand launched a similiar scheme last year to entice ex pat Kiwis back home and offered tax free periods to settle back into the country. Was a very attractive little package and quite successful. I've been gone from Scotland for many years and although I love the place it would take a lot more than Sean Connery to convince me to return. Really don't see the connection. Scotland and Connery. He'd do the country a favour by keeping quiet.

Slightly off topic but how much of a ****ing ***** is Sean Connery. Preaching to us about independance, telling us how much he loves Scotland, from his house in the Canary Islands!!!! If Scotland means that much to you mate, get your arse back and start paying your ****ing taxes. And at the same time make up your mid up once and for all if its Celtic or Rangers MOD EDIT

Rant Over

The guy who wasn't the annoying camp Irish one from D:Ream is a big Jambo. Al McKenzie his name is. Very good DJ as well.

I love nothing more than a rant borne out of ignorance.

Sean has paid more money to the UK Treasury than you could every dream of making in your life time.

The ad is allover the US as well. I get weekly updates from VisitScotland about it.

Silly if you ask me. VisitScotland (or the old STB as I call them) better get their heads out of thier backsides and do something positive for a change.

I can understand why they have used Connery and Lulu, as the ham shanks recognise the association, but they don't know the rest of the story. Typical political BS.

well it's surely got to be our gaggle of first rate politicians and all round good guys, salmond, foulkes & milligan.

:eek: or maybe not.

Wattie fae The Exploited...

Never stopped going to games.

Him and his laddie were sitting just along from me at Tannadice earlier this season.

Sean has paid more money to the UK Treasury than you could every dream of making in your life time.

Reminds me of a biblical tale, about a rich man and a poor man contributing money to the house of god.

If a man has paid the same percentage of his earnings as every other man, then they are of equal footing.

Good for him.

Sean is fantastic at promoting Scotland,just as long as he doesnt have to stay there.:rolleyes:

But if he was already here in the UK then it wasn't actually from Boston to Edinburgh. London to Edinburgh doesn't sound nearly as impressive! :rolleyes:

Ok ..... should have mentioned the meeting was to be in Switzerland. So his travel route was Boston to Edinburgh then buoyed up having seen a great game onwards to Switzerland. :rolleyes:

Archived