Bruno Aguiar

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

I'M IBRAHIM TALL

Must admit i could take or leave the guy. Before he got injured I felt he lost the all too easily and drifted out the game if it wasn't his day. Since he's come back, he's been phenominal. I never ever thought i would see the guy boss a game the way he has done recently. Great touch, always seems to have time on the ball and is scoring goals into the bargain.

Surely giving the guy a new contract is a no brainer.

Bruno, my sincerest apologies for doubting you. Keep it going son.

When we saw him before he played in the centre of a 4 man midfield - usually with Hartley, which meant he was the more defensive of the 2.

Now he is playing as the most attacking central midfielder of 3, knowing there are 2 sitting behind him. Hes playing a totally different role and looking a totally different player. Well done to Bruno for coming back so well, and also to Csaba for getting the best out of his talent.

When we saw him before he played in the centre of a 4 man midfield - usually with Hartley, which meant he was the more defensive of the 2.

Now he is playing as the most attacking central midfielder of 3, knowing there are 2 sitting behind him. Hes playing a totally different role and looking a totally different player. Well done to Bruno for coming back so well, and also to Csaba for getting the best out of his talent.

100% :thumb::thumbs_up::fing10::clap:

iamcraigbeattie

100% mate. Bruno's been a bresh of fresh air since he came back. He made Barry and Pedro look like amateurs today. Keep it up Bruno!!

I have been a big critic of Aguiar on here. I felt that his passing was poor and he rarely found a Hearts man.

For one reason or another, I have not actually seen him play this season, but he is our top goal scorer and would I be correct in saying he has set up three others also? You cannot argue with that.

It is looking like I have been wrong about this lad, and I will be delighted if that turns out to be the case. :)

I thought his performance against the vermin was incredible and put it down to him being so glad to be back on the pitch. I never thought he would maintain it but I'm delighted he's proved me wrong.

Not sure why he was taken off today as he was still full of running,he ran past me going west on Gorgie rd straight after the game to chants of BRUNO BRUNO BRUNO................. from Hearts fans, couldn't believe my eyes when i seen him

Not sure why he was taken off today as he was still full of running,he ran past me going west on Gorgie rd straight after the game to chants of BRUNO BRUNO BRUNO................. from Hearts fans, couldn't believe my eyes when i seen him

Sounds like he'd asked for an early finish then as he clearly had somewhere to go after the game:)

Saw that as well. It was right after the game, not sure what he was in such a rush for. It was quite surreal in a way, seeing one of the players running down Gorgie Rd that soon after the game.

I'm another one that doubted him before his injury, he just never really seemed to make an impact. But since he's come back into the team, he's been fantastic and it would be a huge blow to lose him. Let's hope we can get him on a contract soon.

I'm enjoying the taste of my own words!

Along with the revitalised Nade he's been a big success up front. Showing lots of football intelligence and some fantastic set pieces. And playing up there covers his big weakness - defensive situations. So great to see.

What a difference playing the better defenders in defence and 2 players who can hold the ball up front makes to the defensive record.

I thought he was too lightweight and inconsistent when he first came into the team - and there has been a definite improvement all round since his return.

Two observations:

1 He shines brighter because the quality of player around about him isn't as high as in 2006???

2 I hope he's not just playing for either the transfer or a new contract!!!

We definitely need him in the team at present!!!

Sounds like he'd asked for an early finish then as he clearly had somewhere to go after the game:)

Aye,he was running for the no. 26 bus

He's been immense. All the more incredible giving how long he has been injured.

I think his position in Csaba's 4-5-1 system gives him the freedom to do what he is good at knowing that there are two midfielders sitting behind him to do the things he's not so good at.

For what it's worth, I don't think we'd get the same impact out of Bruno in a conventional 4 man midfield. He is perfectly suited to his current position IMHO.

Where was he going after the game - he was fairly sprinting along Gorgie Road!

100% mate. Bruno's been a bresh of fresh air since he came back. He made Barry and Pedro look like amateurs today. Keep it up Bruno!!

Got to second this point.

Barry was not even at the races today, and I think it was Bruno (and perhaps Ruben too) who masterminded that operation.

There was even some attacking one touch passing coming off - breathtaking on its own, remarkable considering the performances a couple of months ago.

Fantastic footballer, playing great football.

Deodato

We have to get this guy signed up and quick. Absolute class player. My hun mate wants him for rangers, lets get him signed

IMO it was Karapidis and Palazuelos who nullified Ferguson and Mendez which meant that Aguiar was a geniune "extra man" in midfield and the space let him do what he does best for us, create. What is clear now is that he was misused when he was last in the team, and as you say it was because Hartley had his role.

With a couple of good wingers Rangers would have been very dangerous today. Fortunately Great Uncle Walt put fat Charlie and lanky Lafferty (3million LOL!) on the wings. Burke made a difference when he came on IMO and is a far better player than either of their starting wide men.

This needs to be the first thing Romanov does tomorrow!!

bruno has been terrific, no doubt.

letting this guy slip through our fingers would rate right up there with the most awful **** ups of this regime....

oh dear.

I think Csaba was right to take him off. He'd tired a bit, and we needed someone on to harry and chase. Chesney did that well in the time he was on. Inject a bit of a pace as they were pushing forward a lot.

Glad this thread started. There was actually some moron on this forum yesterday who said they thought Bruno had an average game. Some people are never happy.

Hearts are struggling to pay the players their wages so contract extensions are far from a formality.

pettigrewsstylist

me too mate tbh ,,but i did often wonder if Hartleys advanced position might be his forte. His injury delaed that but it may ,,if he continues in this vein be his coming of age. To be fair in the defensive role when PH was here he didnt get too many chances either due to either JB playing well but more becasue of somebody deciding that position was the one to shoehorn Zal or Ibby into

I'm sure I mentioned before he came back from injury that his best games came when Hartley was injured and he was playing alongside Julien Brellier - meaning he was the one who had more freedom to go forward. Just thought I'd give myself a pat on the back:p

before he was a defensive midfielder and out of all the signings around that time he was definately one of the better :gangsta:but now he is playing even better and we must keep him :flag2::653:

Guest Fabuloso

I've always though Bruno was a good player. Word of warning though. He's been at Hearts for around 3yrs now and VR will be looking at his investment with interest. Given his injury record I wouldn't be surprised to see him punted should a decent offer come in. Hope I'm wrong however if he gets injured again then it makes things tricky in terms of moving on. VR's not silly - I'll give him that.

We should get his contract extended ASAP. They're debating Celtic signing him on Kerrydalestreet.

I liked the patronising bit where they think they're do Scottish football a favour by signing other clubs' best players:

"If we want the SPL to become better, and I'm assuming here that you do, if we spend our transfer money every now and then in the SPL there is a chance that the money the other clubs get will support and develop their squads, hopefully increasing the competition"

I can't believe how dense I've been all these years, thinking they were weakening the opposition instead of helping make us stronger!

Thank you OF for your unstinting support of Scottish football. How we have misjudged you

Victor Meldrew

From what little of yesterday's game I saw on the highlights, I thought Bruno was linking up well with Larry - the sort of play we haven't seen since we had Hartley and Rudi together in midfield.

There would have been thousands of Hearts fans willing to give him a lift.

Scott Wilson should have just put a wee announcement over the tannoy :)

Archived