A shout out for ............

magicTs

Ruben Palazuelos after surely his best performance in a Hearts shirt. Along with Karipidis he totally dominated the central area and should deservedly keep his place in the team even with Stewart available. Maybe he is starting to settle and feel more confident and he certainly began to play with a bit of a swagger at times today.

The fact Aguair, Driver and Nade are all getting fitter can only help and with Obua and Cesnauskis available as well we are starting to get lots more options.

Patrick Bateman

Agreed, he's a very, very classy and composed player. Far more reliable than Stewart who tends to let things get to him far too easily. The only thing I'd like to see him work on is shooting and perhaps set pieces, because I think he could have a hidden talent at both.

Michael who? ;)

Would be an absolute sham if Stewart were to walk back into that team after todays performance.

In fact, I'd go as far to say that we are a better 'team' without Stewart in it.

Michael who? ;)

Would be an absolute sham if Stewart were to walk back into that team after todays performance.

In fact, I'd go as far to say that we are a better 'team' without Stewart in it.

The good thing is the standard has been set. With fewer players on the treatment table the pressure is on to contribute, work hard and sustain performance levels week in week out or know that there is someone chomping at the bit to take your place.

It never ceases to amaze me how suddenly players are fit when things are good and yet any small niggle will keep players out when the team is struggling. The reaction of all the squad at the end showed that slowly but surely the dressingroom is healing itself after the last couple of seasons.

The good thing is the standard has been set. With fewer players on the treatment table the pressure is on to contribute, work hard and sustain performance levels week in week out or know that there is someone chomping at the bit to take your place.

It never ceases to amaze me how suddenly players are fit when things are good and yet any small niggle will keep players out when the team is struggling. The reaction of all the squad at the end showed that slowly but surely the dressingroom is healing itself after the last couple of seasons.

:Agree:

Good post.

I would add though, that at certain times when i glanced at Ruben quickly, he reminded me of Davie Weir, which induced dry wretching and the boaks to be honest...:(

Yeah. With players coming back we now have options and players will know they will have to play well to stay in the team. It also gives us better options from the bench. We are looking like we will have a good squad albeit still weak in striking options.

On the point of Palazeulos. My man of the match. He was the damage today. Brought that bit of composure when we needed it and most of all kept his play neat and tidy and didn't give the ball away once (that I can think of).

Agree - not a fan of Palazeulos but he has upped his workrate and effort and deserves to stay in the side.

Stewart's recent form had not been good in any case.

Yep, he was outstanding today. Best perfomance for him in a Hearts jersey IMO.

The balance of the midfield was superb, defo more effective with Larry playing well again on the right. We dominated them until we started sitting back......Ferguson never got a look in.

No way should Stewart walk back into the team. the midfield seems so much more composed with Ruben, Kari and Bruno.

You better change your signature then! :ninja::teeth::whistling::mw_tease:

You better change your signature then! :ninja::teeth::whistling::mw_tease:

I hate when people point it out then i have to go through the effort and change it!

Palazuelos is a classy midfielder, he should be in our first choice eleven for every game.

With everybody fit the competition for places in the midfield is tremendous.

Kingston

Karipidis

Driver

Palazuelos

Obua

Stewart

Jonsson

Cesnauskis

Miko will be out for a while and there is also the lad Mrowiec.

Ruben played really well today but he still gets caught on the ball at times as he is lining up a pass. He has to learn that you don't get much time for that in the SPeeheLl!! :rolleyes:

Archived