Jamie MacDonald

Ibrahim Tall

Guest jambomickey
A keeper that actually catches the ball rather than punching it. :eek:

Been a while..

he deserves to be given a proper chance now.

A keeper that actually catches the ball rather than punching it. :eek:

Been a while..

Apart from one good punched clearance in the 1st half that is.

Apart from one good punched clearance in the 1st half that is.

Aye, thought he dealt with that perfectly. Just nice to finally have a keeper who seems to be able to tell which situations need it.

He did nothing wrong - well done to him.- but he doesn't 'fill the goal'.

Not convinced that any of the 5 senior keepers are significantly better than any of the rest of them.

Is the young Scotland U19 goalie (Ridgers?) any good?

Macdonald, Wallace, Berra, Nielson in the back line along with Zali is a very good thing.

Communication is vital in this department.

Strange why he was brought in for todays game when Balogh has supposedly been doing so well. I feel much safer when he is in goals although I haven't seen a great deal of him.

Not the answer IMO.

What was wrong with 'the Balogh' out of interest?

Flu was the reason i heard on the way to the game.

Not convinced that any of the 5 senior keepers are significantly better than any of the rest of them.

Ridgers mother is a client of my wifes.

Me gets juicy gossip on all things HMFC.... :cool:

Just read on another post Balogh is ill. Balogh makes me nervous , kicking is shocking , handling well havent seen much of it and in my opinion doesnt look good enough. The games he has played he hasnt been tested to any great degree . He made one good save at Hibs but since then has had very little to do.

Jamie Mac Is By Far Our Best Keeper. He Had One Save To Make If Not None He's Confident He Communicates HE CAN SPEAK (ENGLISH) which is plus.

Macdonald for Scotland.

jamboinglasgow

Ridgers when i saw him in early U19 games looked a bit shaky but now he looks much assured and could be a good goalie.

blondejamtart
Jamie Mac Is By Far Our Best Keeper. He Had One Save To Make If Not None He's Confident He Communicates HE CAN SPEAK (ENGLISH) which is plus.

Macdonald for Scotland.

But is he skilled in the correct use of capital letters? :whistling:

Guest jambomickey
That's what a win over that lot does for me...:angel:

agree with you blondie! i'm always buzzing after a win like today, you not off out to celebrate blondie?:)

blondejamtart
agree with you blondie! i'm always buzzing after a win like today, you not off out to celebrate blondie?:)

Nah, got to go and collect daughter from her work in a wee while - I'll make do with a wee refreshment in the house when I get back!

Guest jambomickey
Nah, got to go and collect daughter from her work in a wee while - I'll make do with a wee refreshment in the house when I get back!

good for you blondie! i can't have a beer because my wife could go into labour at any time so got to be available to drive to the hospital:)

blondejamtart
good for you blondie! i can't have a beer because my wife could go into labour at any time so got to be available to drive to the hospital:)

Awww poor you - men have such a tough time when it comes to pregnancy and labour! :rolleyes:

Guest jambomickey
Awww poor you - men have such a tough time when it comes to pregnancy and labour! :rolleyes:

ha ha! to be honest and my wife would say the same i'm a modern guy blondie, i don't mind doing anything as long as my wife and kids are ok:)

confident today. gave us confidence under the high balls. but fair dos if Kello or Balough is better. though Craig levein and others have said it - young players need to play games - maybe Janie will develop and be the best we've had? or better than

Jamie MacDonald looked very assured today as he did the last game we played against Rankers.

Kello made his mistake against the hobos, Balogh made his mistake against Falkirk, Macdonald should play until he makes a mistake.

Not the answer IMO.

What was wrong with 'the Balogh' out of interest?

I'm with you, something about him that doesn't instil confidence in me. Not sure what it is.

Snake Plissken

Fairness would surely dictate Jamie gets another go next week, I believe Lazlow intimated as much in a pre-match interview. That if he had a good game he'd get his chance to stake a claim.

Give him a run of games to do so.

He didn't have a lot to do but did it well. The main point in his favour over Balogh and Kello is that his kicking from hand or from the ground was safe, the only quibble being that later in the game it was too long. Generally he found a Hearts player. Both Balogh and and Kello seem to need technique coaching in ths area.

Thankfully neither of them are as bad as McGregor was yesterday.

Fairness would surely dictate Jamie gets another go next week, I believe Lazlow intimated as much in a pre-match interview. That if he had a good game he'd get his chance to stake a claim.

Give him a run of games to do so.

I certainly dont think it would do us any harm to be honest.

I still reakon Kello is the best shot stopper and also at coming for crosses.

However his kicking does leave a lot be desired.

Thought Jamie had a good game today - can't say he did anything wrong, to be honest.

He didn't have a save to make so it's hard to judge his overall game.

Drylaw Hearts

I was quite happy to hear that JM was going to be in goals as I am not a fan of The Balogh.

However.....

I found it strange that Kello was overlooked for yesterdays match.

He was brought in because JM was apparantley not quite ready to be our No.1 - yet 3 months down the line and a handful of Reserve games later he has moved ahead of Kello in the rankings.

I'm puzzled as to why people think he's not good enough. He has never let us down in the few appearances he has made. Looked assured and confident coming for crosses and on the one occasion he punched it, he put it well out of harms way.

I hope he keeps his place for a while.

Archived