Wallace

Dr Ian Malcolm

Dr Ian Malcolm

Obviously will be suspended (not sure if its immediate?) so who comes in, bearing in mind he's our only real left back?

I'd be seriosuly tempted to bring in someone on loan in Jan, even if just for cover. The descision the let Jose away on loan seems a little short sighted.

Obviously will be suspended (not sure if its immediate?) so who comes in, bearing in mind he's our only real left back?

I'd be seriosuly tempted to bring in someone on loan in Jan, even if just for cover. The descision the let Jose away on loan seems a little short sighted.

well pilch, personally i'd stick crazy old man in the left back slot...he's already proved he's got a mean left peg, just ask that bus driver!

seriously tho i think obua will get the nod, wouldnt mind seein rapnik called up tho

Having read the comments from Csaba in the Scotsman this morning, I was really disappointed with Wallace this afternoon for his lack of discipline. Both of his challenges merited cautions, and it wasn't as if we were in immediate danger at either moment. I hope he is taken to task for needlessly putting the team under undue pressure and thanks the others for covering his indiscretions.

Having read the comments from Csaba in the Scotsman this morning, I was really disappointed with Wallace this afternoon for his lack of discipline. Both of his challenges merited cautions, and it wasn't as if we were in immediate danger at either moment. I hope he is taken to task for needlessly putting the team under undue pressure and thanks the others for covering his indiscretions.

We could also be in line for a big fine in January, as we're on a sort of discipline probation.

We could also be in line for a big fine in January, as we're on a sort of discipline probation.

The annoying thing is that we have had five red cards already in the league, and we don't have the quality in depth to challenge for third if we continue to lose players at the rate we are.

Although Wallace deserved his two cautions, what about Charlie Adam, particularly in the first half? I counted two from a possible four fouls he could've been booked for, Kris Boyd's elbows in the second half and that Bougerra or whatever his name is, Dougie McDonald must've been so pashed off with the final result!

Wallace has come along way since the start of the season.

He's a reasonable top-half SPL full back now.

God only knows what he was thinking about with that 2nd challenge on Burke today.

Johanes de Silentio

Wallace has been much better of late, but a silly double-booking today.

I would put Eggert in there.

Although Wallace deserved his two cautions, what about Charlie Adam, particularly in the first half? I counted two from a possible four fouls he could've been booked for, Kris Boyd's elbows in the second half and that Bougerra or whatever his name is, Dougie McDonald must've been so pashed off with the final result!

I agree with all of your points, but these are factors over which we have no influence. Refereeing inconsistency is something we have to live with, but we should be seeking to improve the mental and physical discipline of our own players, as we need to have as many available for each fixture as possible.

Broxburn Jambo

''NEWSFLASH'' SFA find another way to fine HMFC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

After McDonald showing yellow cards to 3 Rankers players, he was bound to book somebody from Hearts. Wallace was the scapegoat, he might have deserved the 2nd yellow but not the first.

I would try Palazuelos at left back. Stewart will probably slot back into the middle next week anyway.

I feel sorry for Eggert - I can't see him getting a start for a while to come and that's not his fault.

At the match I though Wallace deserved to go, however having watched the tackle in slo mo it seems Burke dived, doesn't look like any contact, certainly not enough to make him go down.

Not seen the replay... I'm guessing wallace didnt get a touch of the ball?? He looked close from 70 yards away.

He wasn't even close.

Not sure what he was thinking about.

Jonny Brown for me, he would be an ideal replacement.

portobellojambo1

Was pretty disappointed when Wallace was sent off today, I thought his challenges deserved it, but in truth he didn't have to make the 2nd challenge. Berra was steaming across to intercept Burke's break, and Wallace would have been better pulling out altogether.

He has been playing well of late, and for the 1 game he will miss I would like to see one of the youngsters brought in. We are hearing stories that there will be a clear out of some description come January, so presumably kids are going to get thrown in, while we are on a good run of results seems like as good a time as any to temporarily fill a vacant position for 1 week with a youngster for a look see.

Credit to Wallace over the last seven or eight games, as he has played extremely well and has taken his performances to a new level.

However, he let Hearts down today. Completely brainless getting himself sent off, that could of cost us the game. Although one thing we can never claim about Lee Wallace is that he is the sharpest tool in the box. He is about as bright as 2 o'clock in the morning.

Since Easter Rd, Wallace has been superb.

Always knew there was a player in there ;)

Silly today, hopefully doesn't let it affect him too much.

As for being top of the 'bad boys' league. I fully expect a points deduction at the end of the season.

Well, in the first team that ended the game today, Neilson, Karipidis, Jonsson and Obua have played left back for us in the first team. Maybe Berra too? Palazuelos? None would be my choice for a game at left back in the SPL though.

I think that Laszlo's decision not to bring in a left back in the summer might hurt us now.

Any of the youngsters ready to play in the first team next week?

Guest Freewheelin' Jambo

Regardless of whether he deserved to be sent off or not, I still absolutely resent the speed at which that Hibs cant Macdonald whips out red cards to Hearts players.

He was tugging (I use that word advisedly) at his minging pocket the instant that wee scrote Burke went down. McDonald can certainly make quick decisions on Hearts players indiscretions.

I loathe the bastar* and I always will for the way he nearly cost us the Cup Final by sending of Hartley and refusing Rudi the penalty at the end.

A disgusting wee **** of a man.

At the match I though Wallace deserved to go, however having watched the tackle in slo mo it seems Burke dived, doesn't look like any contact, certainly not enough to make him go down.

I watched the game on Setanta and saw one replay of Wallace's 2nd booking. I couldn't see him making contact either. I'd like to see it again though.

Archived