Davie Weir.

Dave 1974

What a petulant old fart.

Moans at everything and would start a fight with his own shadow. Though the shadow would win because he has rheumatoid arthritis.

Old t1t.

He's certainly not the same player who was at Hearts. What happens to players when they sign for that mob?!

He is about 40 now.

winston churchill

every player in their team, led with the elbow and went over the top in the challenge.

nade must have had about four hits in the coupon.

and as for whittakers jackie chain leg break attempt:mad:

Could you imagine how bad Weir would be for any other side in the SPL.Slow old and does nothing but moan and foul which he would not get away with at any other SPL side.

A bit controversial perhaps, but I've never rated this guy - even in the 98 team I always thought that Paul Ritchie was a far more talented player. Weir has always been very slow and his distribution has always been very poor. Long may he continue to get a game in the gers defence.

A bit controversial perhaps, but I've never rated this guy - even in the 98 team I always thought that Paul Ritchie was a far more talented player. Weir has always been very slow and his distribution has always been very poor. Long may he continue to get a game in the gers defence.

Disagree.

His distribution has pretty much always been decent. He's played well at premiership and international level and there have been few centre halves i've ever seen play for us who could pass like him.

He was never the quickest but his reading of the game has always been good enough for him to cope.

Disagree.

His distribution has pretty much always been decent. He's played well at premiership and international level and there have been few centre halves i've ever seen play for us who could pass like him.

He was never the quickest but his reading of the game has always been good enough for him to cope.

Aye, sound, he's still a petulant turd though?

Disagree.

I've lost count of the amount of time he cost Scotland goals - Morocco at France 98 and 2-2 in the Faroe Isles to name perhaps the 2 most obvious examples.

I've lost count of the amount of time he cost Scotland goals - Morocco at France 98 and 2-2 in the Faroe Isles to name perhaps the 2 most obvious examples.

Let's face it, Scotland were absolutely pummelled by Morocco and as for the Faroes game, how were either of those goals his fault?

He played some great games for Scotland under various managers. The last Euro qualifying campaign for example, he played excellently for a guy of his age.

What a petulant old fart.

Moans at everything and would start a fight with his own shadow. Though the shadow would win because he has rheumatoid arthritis.

Old t1t.

He should hang up his boots, well past it IMO, Na i have changed my mind he is mince, best old Walter sticks by him for:whistling: another season.

Let's face it, Scotland were absolutely pummelled by Morocco and as for the Faroes game, how were either of those goals gis fault?

He played some great games for Scotland various managers. The last Euro qualifying campaign for example, he played excellently for a guy of his age.

One of the main reasons Morocco pumelled us was that Weir was about as mobile as a scarecrow. As for the Faroe Isles game he was an embarrassment - hence why he walked away in the huff when Bertie said publicly what the whole of Scotland was saying - that he was terrible.

Showed himself up for the bad loser he is by getting involved in petty squabbles against a former club. Total no-no IMO.

problem is the plays for Rangers, and is representing a s**t shower of cheating, ref-baiting half-team that is lucky they still have the Rangers 'ethos' ie intimidating teams and refs. Otherwise a very mediocre team how could end up 4th this season

Davie Weir is still a 'hero' for what he did for Hearts - late 'tackle' on McCoist in 98 etc

Archived