Hearts' Zaliukas: No more mistakes

Sexton Hardcastle

Sexton Hardcastle

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Hearts39-Zaliukas-No-more-mistakes.4742266.jp

"At the beginning of the season my form was good, but now, in the last few games, I have made mistakes. I am trying to avoid that," said Zaliukas. "Maybe it's lack of concentration, I'm just trying to give the team my best. I only think about the team. We are playing on the field, we are not sitting at the side of the pitch, so you have to carry on. If I make a mistake and we lose a goal, I have to work harder to win the game.

At least hes admits hes had a few mares. Doesnt say much for him/Csaba admiting poor form yet keepign his place.

Well, at least he can admit he has been making mistakes.

Still waiting for some on here to do the same. :P

Don't know who you are referring to as everyone that i have read has admitted he can make and has made mistakes.

Now if only some would admit that other players have and can make mistakes.;)

Nelly Terraces

Reading that, you just know he's gonna make a total ** Up tomorrow.

Sorry, but consistantly just not good enough, if Shabba can turn this bloke into a player then he will be manager of the century, if not - get rid, and fast.

marshallschunkychicken

The Kickabout on Talk 107 made me laugh last night, when they were asking for listeners to come up with perfumes for players.

They then ran a mocked-up advert for 'Distraction - by Zaliukas'.

"What's that up in the clouds?"

:laugh:

http://edinburghnews.scotsman.com/heartofmidlothianfc/Hearts39-Zaliukas-No-more-mistakes.4742266.jp

"At the beginning of the season my form was good, but now, in the last few games, I have made mistakes. I am trying to avoid that," said Zaliukas. "Maybe it's lack of concentration, I'm just trying to give the team my best. I only think about the team. We are playing on the field, we are not sitting at the side of the pitch, so you have to carry on. If I make a mistake and we lose a goal, I have to work harder to win the game.

At least hes admits hes had a few mares. Doesnt say much for him/Csaba admiting poor form yet keepign his place.

I think it says a lot for him and Csaba, that whilst he does make a mistake his form is generally good/ok (even some Zal doubters admit that), he dosent let it affect him, he still keeps his head up and trys to help the team onto victory.

yes but as ever, what is actually said is very different from the headline. he's not saying 'no more mistakes', that would be silly because every player makes mistakes.

less mistakes will do fine for now, ones that lead to goals, which seems to be the albatros around this guy's neck.

Fair play to him in this article I think you can only learn from mistakes.

Lets just hope he is good to his word and has a good game tomorrow and the rest of the season

The Mighty Thor
Well, at least he can admit he has been making mistakes.

Still waiting for some on here to do the same. :P

He'd have a job denying the fact he's made a few schoolboy errors.

I liked the comment about not sitting at the side of the pitch.

It can be arranged son! :)

The Marooney Meister

Fair play to the guy for admitting it but are we also jumping on every goal we lose now and blaming Zal. I heard in some quarters he was blamed for the Falkirk goal last week but couldn't really see it myself.

boabyarsebiscuit
The Kickabout on Talk 107 made me laugh last night, when they were asking for listeners to come up with perfumes for players.

They then ran a mocked-up advert for 'Distraction - by Zaliukas'.

"What's that up in the clouds?"

:laugh:

I hope someone has reported Talk 107 to the Race Relations Board!

boabyarsebiscuit
Why?

2/10 - can do better.

;)

But any criticism of Hearts Lithuanian players is racially motivated, no? Especially if you poke fun at them.

PS:

Someone called the hobo keeper "Makalamity" on another thread. Wonder if the JKB Racism Police have made a raid on that thread yet.

But any criticism of Hearts Lithuanian players is racially motivated, no? Especially if you poke fun at them.

PS:

Someone called the hobo keeper "Makalamity" on another thread. Wonder if the JKB Racism Police have made a raid on that thread yet.

Making a pun out of someones name isn't racist, is it?

I know the point you are making Boaby, and to an extent agree with where you are coming from.

Making up names about players from foreign countries. It's racist don't you know. :P

This is the second post I?ve seen from you today about racism. The other being in response to a post by me on the Elliot released thread - What are you on about?

Guest JamboRobbo
This is the second post I?ve seen from you today about racism. The other being in response to a post by me on the Elliot released thread - What are you on about?

The same thing as Boaby is on about. If what you had said about Elliot was said about Zaliukas instead, certain folks would be playing the race card (saying that Zaliukas was being criticised due to race, rather than football ability).

Given the run of fixtures we are about to begin I would have thought he might have been better leaving it until the new year or have spoken out about a month ago pre the diddy teams !

I'm sure he's doing his best. However, after two years I'm also sure his best isn't good enough.

The same thing as Boaby is on about. If what you had said about Elliot was said about Zaliukas instead, certain folks would be playing the race card (saying that Zaliukas was being criticised due to race, rather than football ability).

I see nothing wrong with criticising individuals. When the criticism is applied to all players of a particular nationality then there is a good chance it is for xenophobic or even racist reasons. It would look bizarre if someone came on here and slated Mole and Driver, calling them the "English players". Same would apply for "Lithuanian players" or "Liths" as some call them...surely?

Guest JamboRobbo
I see nothing wrong with criticising individuals. When the criticism is applied to all players of a particular nationality then there is a good chance it is for xenophobic or even racist reasons.

It would look bizarre if someone came on here and slated Mole and Driver, calling them the "English players". Same would apply for "Lithuanian players" or "Liths" as some call them...surely?

Just to clarify, are you saying that if people criticise Zaliukas, it is racist? And if they criticise Elliot it's not?

chester copperpot

I'm willing to bet that he makes a few more mistakes by the season end.

One swallow never makes a summer I'm afraid.

maybe not, infact i prefer to finish in her hair if truth be know

Thankfully his mistake in the Falkirk game didn't cost us* and other than that he had a decent game. He didn't let the torrent of abuse he got for that one mistake get him down.

If he plays, we have to give him our backing. There are too many people who want him to shout abuse at him.

* (The attempted cross field pass, goal was fault of a number of players but mostly the GK imo)

Thunderstruck
Well said Big Zal.

Good to hear that the over the top criticism is not getting him down.

:)

Indeed! Hopefully, he has the same strength of Character as Miko who has certainly proved his detractors wrong. If only the sullen few who refuse to acknowledge his improvement had similar strength of character and could bring themselves to admit this.

Just to clarify, are you saying that if people criticise Zaliukas, it is racist? And if they criticise Elliot it's not?

If that is what you interpreted what I wrote as being, then you need to read a bit more slowly and maybe start enunciating the words to help...

Dik Mar Van Nostrilboy

well done zal!

now every1 get off his back especially you ar5eholes at the back of the gorgie stand section W close to gettin chinned!

intae these soapdodgin basterts!

Makes a good end, to a night out..........:eek:

Archived