Excuse me? (non HMFC content)

Geoff Kilpatrick

Geoff Kilpatrick

Since when has this nugget been worth 4 million pounds sterling (assuming Alistair Darling's largesse doesn't turn the UK into Zimbabwe of course!)?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1090078/EXCLUSIVE-Mega-rich-Man-City-join-race-Hibs-4m-rated-Fletcher.html

Yes, Fletcher would really get a game for the bitters!

Charlie-Brown

When you read further into the article you get the real story about trying to force Celtic's hand, the rest of the article is spin & stretching the story to the brink of incredulity, Peter Jardine must owe or be seeking favour from someone at Fester.

Never mind that, what's this crap about Dean Shiels being a 'fantastic footballer'? Surely pushing it a bit there?

With Hibs making so much money in transfer fees, will there come a time when they actually don't need to sell players any more and will start to become more competetive?

When I first heard all the hype about Fletcher last season - you know, all that Real Madrid stuff - I thought it was ridiculous. But while he's hardly Bernabeu class, there's no question he's got something. I can't see them selling him yet - but when they do (say, in the summer), I fully expect it to be to a decent sized EPL club, and wouldn't be at all surprised if he fetches ?4m. At least ?3m is a certainty, I'd have thought.

Never mind that, what's this crap about Dean Shiels being a 'fantastic footballer'? Surely pushing it a bit there?

Think because of his disability he's classed as fantastic.

Sexton Hardcastle
When I first heard all the hype about Fletcher last season - you know, all that Real Madrid stuff - I thought it was ridiculous. But while he's hardly Bernabeu class, there's no question he's got something. I can't see them selling him yet - but when they do (say, in the summer), I fully expect it to be to a decent sized EPL club, and wouldn't be at all surprised if he fetches ?4m. At least ?3m is a certainty, I'd have thought.

Agreeing with the hobos again!

Remeber what happened last time. It could get messy.

Agreeing with the hobos again!

Remeber what happened last time. It could get messy.

:biggrin:

I never learn, do I? :o

I'm sorry but any Hearts fans who don't rate Fletcher are clearly blinkered by the fact that he's a Hobo.

He may not be Bernabeau class but he is a very, very good player and if he was surrounded by better players would only get even better.

Dodgy ears mind.

Geoff Kilpatrick
I'm sorry but any Hearts fans who don't rate Fletcher are clearly blinkered by the fact that he's a Hobo.

He may not be Bernabeau class but he is a very, very good player and if he was surrounded by better players would only get even better.

Dodgy ears mind.

I think he's a decent player but Premiership class? Behave!

boabyarsebiscuit

Dodgy ears mind.

And prematurely bald. Hopefully with his signing on fee from Real Madrid he can get an Elton John hair-transplant.

Drylaw Hearts
And prematurely bald. Hopefully with his signing on fee from Real Madrid he can get an Elton John hair-transplant.

CurlyEltonREX_468x829.jpg

It's bound to lose him a couple of yards in pace though.

Think because of his disability he's classed as fantastic.

Well, I've got a disability and no-one classes me as fantastic.

It's a footballing talent disability though...

With Hibs making so much money in transfer fees, will there come a time when they actually don't need to sell players any more and will start to become more competetive?

He's the last of the sellable players - for the time being anyhow.

dean shiels has only one side to his game and doesn't offer a different dimension, i don't know how this guy manages to play, have you ever tried closing an eye for an hour and try to go about life normally, not easy.

Archived