Velicka, Rangers and Viking Stavanger

redm

Interesting article in the Daily Mail about Velicka and his Rangers career...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1090108/Velickas-vanishing-burn-failure-Ibrox.html?ITO=1490

It mentions that after signing for Rangers, he went back to Norway to play 3 games for Viking as part of the deal and maybe its just me, but I can't remember hearing about that at the time...was it reported in the press?

I'M IBRAHIM TALL
Interesting article in the Daily Mail about Velicka and his Rangers career...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1090108/Velickas-vanishing-burn-failure-Ibrox.html?ITO=1490

It mentions that after signing for Rangers, he went back to Norway to play 3 games for Viking as part of the deal and maybe its just me, but I can't remember hearing about that at the time...was it reported in the press?

I think what it means is because the Scottish and Norweigan seasons dont run concurrently, Velicka agreed to sign for the Huns once Viking's season was over. He had to come Scotland to do that then go back and finish his season over there.

I was sorry to see him go but for once could see Vlad's logic. He was the perfect (or is that only) example of Romanov succesfully putting a Kaunus player in the shop window and getting the cash for him. He was never officially a Hearts player so we didnt really lose out, except from the goals he could/would have scored for us. I would take him back but only if the Huns didnt ask silly money for him. Cant see us doing too much this transfer window with anyone that actually costs a transfer fee. So it probably rules Veli-goal coming back. I prefer to look at it as us having got the best of him

Velicka 'signed' for Rangers at the beginning of June but did not join the squad until the end of July. His first game for Rangers was the CL game against RBK on 30th July.

I would say Varanvicius being involved is the most interesting thing.

As a close ally of romanov's would he really have been involved in a sham, and if he had surely romanov had to be in on it, otherwise we would have had him being outed or struck off the romanov club.

Yes.

Ally Alexander
I would say Varanvicius being involved is the most interesting thing.

As a close ally of romanov's would he really have been involved in a sham, and if he had surely romanov had to be in on it, otherwise we would have had him being outed or struck off the romanov club.

And where does it say that Varanvicious was involved in the transfer?

And where does it say that Varanvicious was involved in the transfer?

I misread it, I still think his involvement in Velicka, and his relationship with rangers is pretty interesting and would suggest against their being a sham

I took "his player" to mean he was his agent

I think what it means is because the Scottish and Norweigan seasons dont run concurrently, Velicka agreed to sign for the Huns once Viking's season was over. He had to come Scotland to do that then go back and finish his season over there.

I was sorry to see him go but for once could see Vlad's logic. He was the perfect (or is that only) example of Romanov succesfully putting a Kaunus player in the shop window and getting the cash for him. He was never officially a Hearts player so we didnt really lose out, except from the goals he could/would have scored for us. I would take him back but only if the Huns didnt ask silly money for him. Cant see us doing too much this transfer window with anyone that actually costs a transfer fee. So it probably rules Veli-goal coming back. I prefer to look at it as us having got the best of him

Is it me or is this a silly comment?

DuffJimmy1875

Good lord is he at Rangers still?? He's fairly fallen off the radar has he not? I'm exiled in France at the mo so haven't been keeping up with the Rangers starting 11 (not that I do that anyway) so I'm prepared to be proven wrong of course

A bloody good player on his day - doubt very much, for example, that he'd have spooned that gilt edged chance that Nade had over the bar in the last seconds of the Derby.

Good lord is he at Rangers still?? He's fairly fallen off the radar has he not? I'm exiled in France at the mo so haven't been keeping up with the Rangers starting 11 (not that I do that anyway) so I'm prepared to be proven wrong of course

A bloody good player on his day - doubt very much, for example, that he'd have spooned that gilt edged chance that Nade had over the bar in the last seconds of the Derby.

Are Hibs that bad you've joined the Foreign Legion?

(Crosses fingers and says with any luck)

Nelly Terraces
Are Hibs that bad you've joined the Foreign Legion?

(Crosses fingers and says with any luck)

Even the blunts Username gives me the boak WK.

:hobofish: barstewards. Zero tolerance.

Archived