John Murray interview in the Scotsman

jamboinglasgow

Robbos Right Peg

Read it but having heard this blow hard a few time before I could have told Ewan Murray what he would to say. The best European youngsters attitude is wrong Burley was wrong lah lah fekin lah

I look forward to the day that one Irish player ever even survives a season (as that was what his area of expertise was supposed to be whe JJ hired him)

An enjoyable read.

I wonder who the two Scottish players are and if we will get David Gray back in Jan.

I know Gray's girlfriend, she's just moved down there to live with him. Think he's going to Leeds on loan in January and almost went to the Hobos on a season long loan in August.

Carl Weathers
I know Gray's girlfriend, she's just moved down there to live with him. Think he's going to Leeds on loan in January and almost went to the Hobos on a season long loan in August.

Ah well...

Geoff Kilpatrick

I think the first paragraph about the sale of Gordon justifying John Murray's existence is the key point. However, Murray is right to point to Berra, Jonsson and Driver who have become mainstays of the team. That said, if the Burley-esque team was still here in some form, would these 3 be regulars? In other words, both Burley and Murray could have been correct - they just had different expectations of the standards required.

jamboinglasgow

interesting read that,

- like the slagging of hibs youth academy as not one of greatness but of luck.

- Interesting views on burely.

- knew about Gray and Galbraith but did not know about Patterson (19 yo defender for Blackburn rovers.)

- interesting to hear that Man utd and Liverpool have been looking at our youth.

- negotiating trying to get a 'couple' of scottish players, be interesting to find out who.

- still looking to scandinavia for scouting

- Novikovas is seen as the best lithuanian prospect for 10 years, after seeing him play I can understand why.

all in all a very interesting article.

The most interesting thing was his comments on Copil --seems even he thinks he has potential despite all the problems -- will we take the risk of taking up our option ?

jamboinglasgow
Who is Callum Booth?

And who is the Lithuanian guy? Not heard anything about him before.

Novikovas is a lithuanian 18 year old we signed. He has had a trial at Benfica, but an injury stopped him from joining. We signed him up in September. Came back from injury recently and has played a few U19 games. Saw him last week against St Mirren (have to admit I thought it was Wagner but he was the other side of the pitch.) Scored a lovely goal and looks promising, as the articles says he is really seen as a great prospect in Lithuania, has already played for their U21 team.

Not too sure about Booth, think he is highly regarded at hibs.

Read it but having heard this blow hard a few time before I could have told Ewan Murray what he would to say. The best European youngsters attitude is wrong Burley was wrong lah lah fekin lah

I look forward to the day that one Irish player ever even survives a season (as that was what his area of expertise was supposed to be whe JJ hired him)

Just a very straight talking guy ..... some people like that others don't. He is trusted and delivers what he promises to parents of boys who join the Hearts Academy.

JJ brought him from Falkirk because he rated him.

Try Sean Mackle, Shaun Kelly and Dennis McLaughlin for starters!

Colonel Kurtz

From the team who played in the under 19 cup final at parkhead

Jason,Lee wallace,Eggert,Calum Elliott,Driver and Mole played for the first team a remarkable percentage,their first team coaching last season was terrible.

Perhaps criticism of John Murray is led by people who want him replaced by a former player,oh...that was tried and failed

Try Sean Mackle, Shaun Kelly and Dennis McLaughlin for starters!

I know alot of people in the west like to think that glasgow is part of ireland but it isn't really.

I was under the impression Dennis was a weegie???

Quite happy with all of that.

Will be interesting to see how some negative spin can be put on it, there is bound to be something that gets picked apart!

Good stuff from Murray. Why does he get such a hard time on here? My mate's wee lad played on the pitch at the Airdrie game and looks like he is going to be a smashing player (with a bit of luck). He chose Hearts over Rangers and Celtic as his old fellah said it was the best set up he had seen.

I take things at face value from boys like that so where are the problems?

jamboinglasgow
Good stuff from Murray. Why does he get such a hard time on here? My mate's wee lad played on the pitch at the Airdrie game and looks like he is going to be a smashing player (with a bit of luck). He chose Hearts over Rangers and Celtic as his old fellah said it was the best set up he had seen.

I take things at face value from boys like that so where are the problems?

Good luck to your mates wee lad, he hasn't gone wrong picking hearts, first of all I think its the best set up in Scotland and secondly because he has more chance getting a game for hearts where youth is encouraged (though been abit slow this season, the youngsters will get their chance) rather than Rangers (where bit Walty does not like youth) or Celtic (where you need to be Irish to get a game.)

Seymour M Hersh

Off tack I appreciate but is she a hairdresser by any chance?

Whilst 'all the right things' were said in that article, I'm afraid my viewpoint of our youth is based on what I saw in Robbies testimonial. The youngsters we had on display that day looked poor IMO :sad:

The present for Murray and Hearts centres around proposals which have been submitted to Romanov, which would see a youth scouting network set-up in European countries such as Norway, Sweden and Denmark. "The education system there seems to be better," Murray added. "If you bring in players who are educated, you have a better chance of coaching them properly. They are more cultured in the way they play and their attitude is better. They appreciate things more and their diets are good.

Totally agree with Murray on this, we should have done this years ago. Rosenborg (sp?) seem to qualify for the Champions League nearly every year with players they have brought through their youth system. I was told a few years back that 8 out of the 11 players playing for Rosenborg in a Champions League match were doctors, accountants, etc. Pretty impressive compared to what we have to deal with over here.

Anyway, good article although I will reserve judgement on the youth system!

From the team who played in the under 19 cup final at parkhead

Jason,Lee wallace,Eggert,Calum Elliott,Driver and Mole played for the first team a remarkable percentage,their first team coaching last season was terrible.

Perhaps criticism of John Murray is led by people who want him replaced by a former player,oh...that was tried and failed

Elliot, Thomson and Mole - useless

Eggert and Wallace - have ability but the jury is out if they really will be top class players.

Driver - looks to be the right quality.

Not a great return if you ask me! :rolleyes:

jamboinglasgow
Elliot, Thomson and Mole - useless

Eggert and Wallace - have ability but the jury is out if they really will be top class players.

Driver - looks to be the right quality.

Not a great return if you ask me! :rolleyes:

are you actully a :hobofish:?

You dont rate Eggert?

Surprised you have left out Berra from that list but of course that would not benefit you argument.

Yes we will have some players that come through and dont make it but that happens to every club, we have some decent players coming through. But we have decent youngsters already in the squad.

are you actully a :hobofish:?

You dont rate Eggert?

Surprised you have left out Berra from that list but of course that would not benefit you argument.

Yes we will have some players that come through and dont make it but that happens to every club, we have some decent players coming through. But we have decent youngsters already in the squad.

Ah the old :hobofish:dross - how origional - NOT!

I didn't leave Berra out of the list - Colonel Kurtz did on the post I was responding to.

Where did I say I "don't rate Eggert"?? I said in my opinion the jury was out on him due to the regular mistakes he makes in games.

Try reading before ranting mate!

Totally agree with Murray on this, we should have done this years ago. Rosenborg (sp?) seem to qualify for the Champions League nearly every year with players they have brought through their youth system. I was told a few years back that 8 out of the 11 players playing for Rosenborg in a Champions League match were doctors, accountants, etc. Pretty impressive compared to what we have to deal with over here.

Anyway, good article although I will reserve judgement on the youth system!

That must have been some time ago. Rosenborg outspend every other team in Norway. They are full time professionals and certainly dont have day jobs. Rosenborg regularly splash a few hunner k on players. They signed Carew in 99 for 2.3 million! Dont know where your mate got his info but he's talking pish.

They are in the Uefa cup this year after falling on hard times (I say hard times, they went 2 seasons without winning the league).

Rosenborg will be significantly richer than every team in Scotland except the Old ****.

Who is Callum Booth?

And who is the Lithuanian guy? Not heard anything about him before.

17 year old left back (Although I'm sure he plays a few positions). PLayed for their reserves and in a couple of friendlies for the first team. Not sure if he has been on the bench for a competitive game though.

Also appeared in Scotland squad under 19s (I think).

jamboinglasgow
Ah the old :hobofish:dross - how origional - NOT!

I didn't leave Berra out of the list - Colonel Kurtz did on the post I was responding to.

Where did I say I "don't rate Eggert"?? I said in my opinion the jury was out on him due to the regular mistakes he makes in games.

Try reading before ranting mate!

well everytime you post it is negativity.

You basicly saying the jury is out on Wallace I can understand due to his up and down performance, but Eggert has been solid in almost any posistion he has been put in (except RM.)

I just feel that there are too many people on here who try to belittle the hearts youngsters and youth set up when it is actully very good.

well everytime you post it is negativity.

You basicly saying the jury is out on Wallace I can understand due to his up and down performance, but Eggert has been solid in almost any posistion he has been put in (except RM.)

I just feel that there are too many people on here who try to belittle the hearts youngsters and youth set up when it is actully very good.

"Everytime"??? You've read all my posts for the last 4 or 5 years then have you?:rolleyes:

Eggert's performances have been solid however AS I SAID he is prone to making silly mistakes. That fact is not only the opinion of fans who go to the games but also Laslo's opinion in the EEN a few months back!

I'm trying to "belittle" nobody. I am expressing MY opinion that Hearts have not brought through enough young players of REAL quality.

Seymour M Hersh
What difference would it make to you ?

:)

Chortle chortle. Not me obviously but the wife's hairdresser just left to join her footballing boyfriend in Manchester so not the wildest guess ever in thinking it might be the same lad.

Chortle chortle. Not me obviously but the wife's hairdresser just left to join her footballing boyfriend in Manchester so not the wildest guess ever in thinking it might be the same lad.

Yup that's her

Nice girl and a good hairdresser according to the wife.

Free haircuts at Charlie Miller have gone but :(

The People's Chimp
Off tack I appreciate but is she a hairdresser by any chance?

She's actually a private taxi driver.

portobellojambo1
Think it was harry who played in the final

It was indeed, and I thought he played quite well.

Archived