CONFIDENT?

Big Broon

Don't know where I'm getting the optimism from but I'm feeling very confident about Saturday. The currant buns at work are very subdued about it and some think they are due a hiding. Other Jambos would settle for a point now, hopefully the players are as confident and up for it, atmosphere should be rocking.

We are the form team playing at home , hopefully a packed tynecastle can roar the team to victory. 2-1 hearts , canny wait:)

Don't know where I'm getting the optimism from but I'm feeling very confident about Saturday. The currant buns at work are very subdued about it and some think they are due a hiding. Other Jambos would settle for a point now, hopefully the players are as confident and up for it, atmosphere should be rocking.

I don't know where either - lay of the malt broon!

I'd take a draw right now!...............although they're no world beaters I thinkthey do have better quality in key positions than us!

cu there!

I would be reasonably confident of getting a result against Rangers FC, but for the strong possibility that an error by the referee is more likely to decide the match than a piece of skill from either side. :sad:

I would be reasonably confident of getting a result against Rangers FC, but for the strong possibility that an error by the referee is more likely to decide the match than a piece of skill from either side. :sad:

who do you want to win?

hearts are a bit of a work in progress right now and i would say that at this stage, matches against the OF teams are not our top priority, therefore a defeat in this one would not be a major blow. the matches which are our priority are the ones against everyone else, OF games are a chance to score some bonus points.

in order to see some progress has been made since the celtic game, a good performance would be nice to see, perhaps even regardless of the result. we could see a great performance and no points, or perhaps 1 point.... therefore not much gained. invariably we would need a great performance to collect 3 points.

confident? never against the OF. as others have aluded to, there are other variables to consider apart from the normal course the match would take.

i'm sure i'm not alone in being sick and tired of referring to 'honest mistakes', i would far rather be confident of the officials being fully objective and even-handed in every decision they make, even if mistakes (real ones) are made.

points would be nice from this one but i will probably be just as happy if all we get is a right good performance..... and don't get robbed blind.

I am never confident before playing either of the OF

It may be down to years of them beating us or the fear that the official may play an unwanted part.

although were on a run of good results tbf we've not been playing the better clubs in the spl...so no not confident at all!!!

even if we play them off the park they'll get there usual helping hand...

....or the linesman or the 4th official etc..

hearts having a real go at rangers and turning in a season's best performance.... only to be wiped out by another act of sheer daylight robbery will be very hard to take.

i don't know if i could stomach another one of those.... 'honest mistakes'.

In February, I trudged to Tynecastle expecting a royal humping from Rangers, which they duly administered by beating us 4-0.

However, the game in October, I was absolutely convinced we were going to win, I said as much to my workmates. Two nights before the game, I dreamt we won 4-0, which only solidified my confidence. Where the optimism came from I don't know, but I sure of only one result. It was also the first time I had attended a game we had won against Rangers.

So....do I think we're going to win on Saturday? Um.....not a clue.

Maroon Mayhem

I have the misfortune that my biggest customer has a box at Ibrox and I'm there quite often.

I've been there three times now this season and I've got to say they're absolute murder. Granted, we are too but with two poor teams anything can happen.

To beat the OF you need to get right in their faces and press up on top of their back 4.

I fear that Laslo's tactics mean we will sit back and give the Huns too much time on the ball.

Once they start to dominate you it is tough to get into the game. The last game against Celtic was a perfect example of this.

To beat the OF you need to get right in their faces and press up on top of their back 4.

I fear that Laslo's tactics mean we will sit back and give the Huns too much time on the ball.

Once they start to dominate you it is tough to get into the game. The last game against Celtic was a perfect example of this.

I agree - he's shown both sides of the Old Firm far too much respect in the two games so far. That was even before he gave up the ghost completely at half-time against Celtic. Can't see that attitude getting us anything unfortunately.

Depends how the first 10-15 minutes go really. We'll give ourselves a chance if we keep it tight (or score 6!)

Depends how the first 10-15 minutes go really. We'll give ourselves a chance if we keep it tight (or score 6!)

No $ hit Einstein! ;)

Forever Maroon

if they start anywhere near as well as celtic we'll be in trouble...... not sure if they have that in them tho.

As last week we'll need more that 1 goal to win it.

Make some noise !!

if they start anywhere near as well as celtic we'll be in trouble...... not sure if they have that in them tho.

As last week we'll need more that 1 goal to win it.

Make some noise !!

We LET Celtic start well.

TBH I will be happy if we can put in a good performance. I never expect us to do much against the OF so if we can maintain and maybe better the recent performances we've had and show that we can give them a game, i'll be happy.

We're still a work in progress .. while I am pleased we are putting in better performances I've seen nothing to indicate we're able to compete with the OF yet. Would definitely love to proved wrong ...

We're still a work in progress .. while I am pleased we are putting in better performances I've seen nothing to indicate we're able to compete with the OF yet. Would definitely love to proved wrong ...

Totally agree mate.

Our next 6 games are -

Rangers H

Motherwell A

Celtic A

Dun Utd H

Aberdeen A

Hibs H

Now if we are still 3rd after these games then I will start believing we are heading in the right direction.

tommythejambo

If we get beat tomorrow but put in a bit of effort I'll be happy enough.

We are still nowhere near as good as Rangers or Celtic. As the Celtic game proved.

Commander Harris

sadly I expect we'll see a pretty similar game to the celtic game, I certainly hope not and as we saw last year a win against the odds is never out of the question.

A draw would be a very decent result and is the best we can hope for IMO.

I would bite your hand off for a draw right now. I think we will lose however as long as we don't put in the same pathetic performance as we did against celtic then I wouldn't be too fussed about the result.

I would bite your hand off for a draw right now. I think we will lose however as long as we don't put in the same pathetic performance as we did against celtic then I wouldn't be too fussed about the result.

Whatever happens we will not be as bad as that.

Driver and nade are now match fit and Neilson is back plus other options are available.

Whatever happens we will not be as bad as that.

Driver and nade are now match fit and Neilson is back plus other options are available.

:eek:

I think we'll get beat also :sad:, I think Rangers know they cannot fall any further behind and will be well up for it. This has also been a fixture that they seem to have enjoyed for some considerable time (Last seasons 4-2 apart:)) To have any chance of getting a result we'd need to score first and hope the defence was on top of their game and the Rangers attackers were off theirs.

Still, confidence should be high after the last 3 weeks or so and hopefully the Celtic game will serve as a reminder of what will happen if they're not at the races from the off.

FTR.

Nelly Terraces

Sadly, due to our own teams lack of self belief in these fixtures, I don't believe we can win this game, or even get a point.

We seem to roll over to these blunts at any given opportunity, it's pathetic, weak and above all totally self defeating and unnecessary.

Hope I'm wrong and Csaba has them well fired up for this.

Gorgie Rules - FTR, no respect.

Glad to see a good few sensible and realistic posts about this. Rangers are favourites to win, but let's hope we can get at them and perhaps get a result.

Generic Username

All I want from tomorrow is a display that is the polar opposite of that from the Celtic game.

We've got no reason to be afraid of Rangers, we should be right in about them and making life difficult from the get go.

I've got everything crossed for tomorrow.

Glad to see a good few sensible and realistic posts about this. Rangers are favourites to win, but let's hope we can get at them and perhaps get a result.

We'll be 3 - 0 up within 20 minutes! :peek_by_Andrin:

Rangers need to have an off day for Hearts to win. I don't think they are a great team, but still there is a gulf in class there. They have strikers we could only dream of, we have Mole and Nade. Hopefully we can nick a draw, but i don't think we'll win. My prediction is nil-2.

Rangers need to have an off day for Hearts to win. I don't think they are a great team, but still there is a gulf in class there. They have strikers we could only dream of, we have Mole and Nade. Hopefully we can nick a draw, but i don't think we'll win. My prediction is nil-2.

And of course, should your prediction become reality we can all expect you to be on here at what? 3pm tomorrow?

Should Hearts win (notice the intentional avoidance of 'we') we'll see you next week no doubt.

:hobofish:

chester copperpot
And of course, should your prediction become reality we can all expect you to be on here at what? 3pm tomorrow?

Should Hearts win (notice the intentional avoidance of 'we') we'll see you next week no doubt.

:hobofish:

Sergey of God talks sense sometimes, however it isn't on this board.

It isn't on Hibs.net either. Its down the clinic.

Seymour M Hersh

Yeah that'll be what it is! An "error" by McDonald!

Seymour M Hersh

I want to see us give them absolutely no respect (not that this hun team really deserves any as they're pesh). However a repeat of the lacklustre performance against the smellies will for me be totally unacceptable. If I leave the ground tomorrow after the game thinking our players gave absolutely everything then I'll accept almost any result.

Very, very happy to be proved wrong ... well done the OP :P

Well I hate to gloat but I did tell you all, Confident from the start. No drink either. come on the Hearts. Defended reasonably well, nullified Rankgers midfield and Scotland Legend Flatfit was shown for the player he is

OK, I admit it, I know sod all about the beautiful game.

A good night to be a Hearts supporter. :toasting:

Who were these strikers we could only dream of?

Didn't see them yesterday!

Who were these strikers we could only dream of?

Didn't see them yesterday!

Emmm.... Pretty much all of them. Boyd, Darcheville, Miller and Velicka. Would all walk into the Hearts team.

respec'!

Archived