Last ever episode of The Shield (Spoilers Included)

Disco Dave

Thoughts please people?

I must admit I wasn't sure how it was going to end but I thought they wrote it out well. The way a few of the scenes were filmed in near silence but you still knew what was going on in the characters heads was quite powerful.

I felt sorry for Shane killing himself but I expected that was the only way it was going to end for him. He was no worse than Vic and Vic would have played the same game as Shane had the roles been reversed.

It was a strong ending but I dont know I just expected something a bit more spectacular.

I don't think the conclusions were really in keeping with the charactars either

Shane at no point accepted he was wrong, or looked like accepting this, why would he then kill himself without a fight, especially killing the family? I fully expected shane to die, but be killed by someone trying to dig himself out of the hole.

Vic - would he really just settle down into that? nah he would have fought or done a runner.

Ronnie throughout the last 2 seasons have been growing a backbone and seeing through the rest so why would he suddenly get stitched up like that by Vic?

Tbh brillant TV and it was an ok ending but I just expected something different, I honestly thought Ronnie was going to kill Vic and escape it all and pin everything on Shane and Vic.

Shane knew the game was up. They were going to be on the run for the rest of their lives, Mara couldn't travel anywhere in the state she was in. He also clearly couldn't bear the thought that his kids might one day find out all the ***** that they did. He knew he was in it up to his neck and took the easy way out.

I agree that Vic might have considered doing a runner but they had to end it somehow. Also, all of his confessions would lead to death penalty so he needs to keep up his end of the deal. He cares about himself and his family first, his friends would always come out second best in the end.

Ronnie, wasn't the worst but you always thought he was going to be the fallguy.

One thing that did annoy me was the story about the lad who Dutch thought was a serial killer. Now, no doubt the implication was that he killed his mum and framed Dutch but why didn't they bring a close to that story after dragging it out for weeks? Seemed a bit daft to just leave it there.

Shane knew the game was up. They were going to be on the run for the rest of their lives, Mara couldn't travel anywhere in the state she was in. He also clearly couldn't bear the thought that his kids might one day find out all the ***** that they did. He knew he was in it up to his neck and took the easy way out.

I agree that Vic might have considered doing a runner but they had to end it somehow. Also, all of his confessions would lead to death penalty so he needs to keep up his end of the deal. He cares about himself and his family first, his friends would always come out second best in the end.

Ronnie, wasn't the worst but you always thought he was going to be the fallguy.

One thing that did annoy me was the story about the lad who Dutch thought was a serial killer. Now, no doubt the implication was that he killed his mum and framed Dutch but why didn't they bring a close to that story after dragging it out for weeks? Seemed a bit daft to just leave it there.

Tbh I think they underestimated the time needed to conclude the series and this is why.

They could have finished it far better than that imo and a few storylines were left unconcluded due to running out of time.

The one comment I would say is I always thought that Dutch had a bit of serial killer to him (remember the cat strangling) and thought they were going to finish him off with a twist that he was actually responsible for killing the mum or something

I think tbh you could sit and criticise how they ended it all you want but at the end of the day it was a great conclusion and still miles better than anything on TV, I dont know I just expected a far more spectacular finish.

Even when Vic was leaving the ICE building at the end I was waiting for Corrine or another character to pop up and kill him.

I just didnt think Vic was walking away.

Tbh I think they underestimated the time needed to conclude the series and this is why.

They could have finished it far better than that imo and a few storylines were left unconcluded due to running out of time.

The one comment I would say is I always thought that Dutch had a bit of serial killer to him (remember the cat strangling) and thought they were going to finish him off with a twist that he was actually responsible for killing the mum or somethingexpected a far more spectacular finish.

Aye, it did seem like they maybe ended it an episode too early.

I forgot about Dutch with the cat too. That would have been a really cool ending. Maybe thats why they left the story about the mum open to stir conspiracy theories - Still if they were doing that, maybe they would have made it look like there was a chance Dutch might be guilty.

Aye, it did seem like they maybe ended it an episode too early.

I forgot about Dutch with the cat too. That would have been a really cool ending. Maybe thats why they left the story about the mum open to stir conspiracy theories - Still if they were doing that, maybe they would have made it look like there was a chance Dutch might be guilty.

I am not a fan of going back after a finale but I definitly think theres a case for them to make a one off special in say 2 or 3 years to show whats happened since.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just finished watching the last episode and i'm not really sure what to think.

I'm not that impressed but i may change my mind when i've thought about it more.

First impressions though? Pretty poor ending.

Archived