Plan B.......

Debut 4

Do we have one? I can`t recall Csaba changing things when we`ve been toiling in games past. I`m thinking of the Celtique game when he persisted with the starting formation which was clearly not paying dividends in that particular game. (the players weren`t at the races either mind you)

We were two down early and while i appreciate you don`t press the panic button, he didn`t even make a positive move as the game wore on and we never looked like scoring.

Hopefully we won`t need a plan B this weekend but it`s all about Hearts performance. The Huns, whether you rate them or not, will come and be ready for the game and fight on till the end. The players must show bottle first and foremost and everything else will take care of itself.

It`s a great chance to continue our run and stick two fingers up at the rest of the SPL because they`ll be expecting a Rangers win anbd a chance to close in on us again.

But if it comes to a similar scenario like the Celtique game i`d hope Csaba will make a far more positive move to get back into the game.:)

I reckon Csaba thinks the squad is big but thin on talent. With the injuries we are carrying his options are very limited - last Saturday's bench was pretty weak...

Do we have one? I can`t recall Csaba changing things when we`ve been toiling in games past. I`m thinking of the Celtique game when he persisted with the starting formation which was clearly not paying dividends in that particular game. (the players weren`t at the races either mind you)

We were two down early and while i appreciate you don`t press the panic button, he didn`t even make a positive move as the game wore on and we never looked like scoring.

Hopefully we won`t need a plan B this weekend but it`s all about Hearts performance. The Huns, whether you rate them or not, will come and be ready for the game and fight on till the end. The players must show bottle first and foremost and everything else will take care of itself.

It`s a great chance to continue our run and stick two fingers up at the rest of the SPL because they`ll be expecting a Rangers win anbd a chance to close in on us again.

But if it comes to a similar scenario like the Celtique game i`d hope Csaba will make a far more positive move to get back into the game.:)

unfortunately there's no much on the bench at the mo mate. Maye having Lary back means we have a little bit of flexibility as he, Obua, Eggo and Driver can all play in two or three positions

after cesnauskis went off injured our bench was macdonald, thomson, palazuelos, ksanavicius, makela and mole.

i don't really see any of them making a big enough impact to undo a 2 goal deficit.

Jam Tarts 1874

Csaba himself said prior to the Falkirk game that we needed to be more positive at home and I think the performance against Falkirk reflected that he has tweaked things a little even if the personnel didn't change. Every game is a learning experience for Csaba, I just wish people would get off his back and see where we are at the end of the season.

Charlie-Brown

It was tactical he could have put on an attacking player ie templeton instead chose robbie which isnt like for like.

It was tactical he could have put on an attacking player ie templeton instead chose robbie which isnt like for like.

If it is a tactic that you never put a player who is on the bench on the pitch as sub if he is under 20, then you are right...

...or if it is a tactic not to put a player with no SPL experience on when down to 10 men, then you are also right

Coco said positive tactical change.

Charlie-Brown

We still had 11 players when robbie replaced miko, csaba did go for experience over youth but it wasn't a like for like change & it helped us win that game.

Obua for Jonsson. Thanks. ;)

Saturday's game?

The one where the Obua switch shut down Driver who was having a field day and exposed our left side such that the right back was given so much space that he had all day to find Higdon in the box?

A positive tactical change? Don't think so.

In addition, Neilson replaced Miko like for like at St Mirren when Miko was injured. Was a good substitution as it improved the team that day - but can't count that as a positive tactical change.

Csaba himself said prior to the Falkirk game that we needed to be more positive at home and I think the performance against Falkirk reflected that he has tweaked things a little even if the personnel didn't change. Every game is a learning experience for Csaba, I just wish people would get off his back and see where we are at the end of the season.

I`m not getting on his back. But is it much to ask a professional football club to have another tactical move under it`s belt?

I`m not talking anything major. If Mole was first choice at the start of the season then why hasn`t he brought him on alongside Nade to go 2 upfront, instead of taking a forward off when we are trailing late in a game?

If the current back up is not rated by Csaba then i`d hope to feck he is going to change that come January. If Makela is not even worthy of a late run in games just to see what happens then why the feck is he there?

And why aren`t we giving the likes of Templeton or Glen a wee run in games now and again?

I`m enjoying the slight progress Csaba is making and i know we are at the very start of(hopefully) returning to the Hearts we know, but surely there is other options bar the starting formation in games?

Archived