Does anyone have the stats for Aalborg in the champions league ?

Jamie_the_Jambo

Jamie_the_Jambo

Just wondering what their stats are over the last few years for Murder Mcleod to rate them as

"no better than a SPL bottom-of-the-league type club. I don't think they'll get far in the Uefa Cup."

Incidently, when I tuned into Radio Scotland last night after the game I thought someone had died. Dicky Gordon was so sombre and Murder sounded as if he was about to greet.

I honestly thought something tragic had happened away form the game. Like someone good and great had past away.

GIRUY !!

Jamie

Aalborg qualified for the Champions League group stage in 1996 and the UEFA Cup group stage in 2008 going no further on both occasions. Aside from this season they have played in Europe six more times, winning only one tie. They are currently 7th in the Danish league.

From what I saw of them Aalborg didn't look that great but they hammered Kaunas and looked better than anybody outside the Old Firm in the SPL.

The Old Tolbooth
Just wondering what their stats are over the last few years for Murder Mcleod to rate them as

"no better than a SPL bottom-of-the-league type club. I don't think they'll get far in the Uefa Cup."

Incidently, when I tuned into Radio Scotland last night after the game I thought someone had died. Dicky Gordon was so sombre and Murder sounded as if he was about to greet.

I honestly thought something tragic had happened away form the game. Like someone good and great had past away.

GIRUY !!

Jamie

What a very sweet thought to think of that mob absolutely pig sick! :D

They're not titans of European Football but they're not the pushovers that the hoops' followers seemed to expect either

The highlight of their previous European Campaign was eliminating Sampdoria to reach the group stages.

UEFA Cup 2007/08

Second Qualifying Round

16/Aug/2007 HJK Helsinki 2-1 AAb Alborg

30/Aug/2007 AAb Alborg 3-0 HJK Helsinki

First Round

20/Sep/2007 Sampdoria 2-2 AAb Alborg

04/Oct/2007 AAb Alborg 0-0 Sampdoria

Group G

08/Nov/2007 AAb Alborg 1-1 Anderlecht

29/Nov/2007 Spurs 3-2 AAb Alborg,

06/Dec/2007 AAb Alborg 1-2 GEtafe

19/Dec/2007 Hapoel Tel-Aviv 1-3 AAb Alborg

They narrowly finished 4th because Anderlecht got a point from spurs in a game where Spurs only needed a point to qualify.

Archived