LARRY-DO WE WANT HIM?

Captain Price

Yes , absolutely. Infact give me another 5 players with his ability in the team and maybe perhaps we would be splitting the old-firm by now.

yes we do want the real kingston in the team. the one which has been in evidence lately is not quite the real kingston.

the kingston of his first season would walk into any SPL team, the current one can walk out of our one if he can't up his game.

yes we do want the real kingston in the team. the one which has been in evidence lately is not quite the real kingston.

the kingston of his first season would walk into any SPL team, the current one can walk out of our one if he can't up his game.

spot on

Seymour M Hersh
do we actually need kingston in our team ??

Yes if gets his act together as he has more talent than anyone else in the team.

Yes if he is up for it, recently we have too many players not playing for the jersey, and we hero worship them and they start believing their own press, a la Skacel. Mikey Stewart's desire for the club should be a lesson.

yes if he plays and actually gets involved in the game. Fed up waiting for him to show his full potential, if he isna a happy with the club we should just sell him and get some money for him

Yes if he is up for it, recently we have too many players not playing for the jersey, and we hero worship them and they start believing their own press, a la Skacel. Mikey Stewart's desire for the club should be a lesson.

But not his on field discipline ;)

Yes I would have Larry in my team every time.

Me too. Two more players with excellent ability and we'd be a very strong team. A striker who can score, and a FB who can both attack and defend and would thus do away with our need for a 5 man midfield..

WHY............ the feck is there some sort of witch-hunt of Larry Kingston?

Constantly he is being questioned. The guy can play the game FFS. I feel the problem is that many fans thought he was going to run the show week after week like some superstar and it hasn`t happened.

But the guy is skillful and has a good brain, something you actually need in a football team. There`s constant questioning of his workrate but it`s all becoming blinkered. I`ve witnessed Kingston many times being back in the box covering but it seems people nit pick at some of the times he is caught up the park.

I did`nt hear many dissenters when Rudi Skacel often lagged back after an attack broke down. Yes, Larry may not have the same strike rate as Rudi or maybe not even as good a player but does it prove sometimes you have to accomodate and build a team around a player who is obviously the most skillful and intelligent in the team, while allowing for his seemingly lack of defensive know how?

We did with Rudi as Hartley, Brellier and Cammazola(early in season) were more on the grafting side and covered for him.

lost in leith
WHY............ the feck is there some sort of witch-hunt of Larry Kingston?

Constantly he is being questioned. The guy can play the game FFS. I feel the problem is that many fans thought he was going to run the show week after week like some superstar and it hasn`t happened.

But the guy is skillful and has a good brain, something you actually need in a football team. There`s constant questioning of his workrate but it`s all becoming blinkered. I`ve witnessed Kingston many times being back in the box covering but it seems people nit pick at some of the times he is caught up the park.

I did`nt hear many dissenters when Rudi Skacel often lagged back after an attack broke down. Yes, Larry may not have the same strike rate as Rudi or maybe not even as good a player but does it prove sometimes you have to accomodate and build a team around a player who is obviously the most skillful and intelligent in the team, while allowing for his seemingly lack of defensive know how?

We did with Rudi as Hartley, Brellier and Cammazola(early in season) were more on the grafting side and covered for him.

I think the problem a lot of people have with Larry is twofold.

1. Money. He is apparently on a very high wage compared to most of the players left at the club, but he is regularly injured and, when fit, suspended a fair bit. That means he offers poor VFM and we are skint.

2. Attitude. It's probably less about tracking back (sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't), and more about a Mr Bigtime attitude. As ever we are dealing with rumours, but I'm not the only one who wonders if he has really been 'injured' for the last few weeks.

Judging purely on football ability, he is the best player at the club by a mile.

Yup, top player. Wee Bruno might disagree with you on the by the mile part

1. Money. He is apparently on a very high wage compared to most of the players left at the club, but he is regularly injured and, when fit, suspended a fair bit. That means he offers poor VFM and we are skint.

2. Attitude. It's probably less about tracking back (sometimes he does, sometimes he doesn't), and more about a Mr Bigtime attitude. As ever we are dealing with rumours, but I'm not the only one who wonders if he has really been 'injured' for the last few weeks.

I can appreciate the two points above but last season was similar that he seemed to be injured etc... So, it doesn`t suggest to me he is being protected in case he is sold. We had the same rumours last season.

Players can be unlucky with injuries and i just think it`s Hearts fans all over these days...paranoid. But i`m not having a go because i can be just as bad but i genuinely don`t feel Larry is being left out deliberately.

I agree, and it is laughable.

This is based purely on hearsay and speculation. In any case, I believe his wages are an irrelevance.

As you say, this is based on rumours. As you demonstrate, it is also based on amateur psychology.

I can appreciate the two points above but last season was similar that he seemed to be injured etc... So, it doesn`t suggest to me he is being protected in case he is sold. We had the same rumours last season.

Players can be unlucky with injuries and i just think it`s Hearts fans all over these days...paranoid. But i`m not having a go because i can be just as bad but i genuinely don`t feel Larry is being left out deliberately.

The suggestion that he is being left out as we are going to sell him is just a ridiculous as the suggestions that he is feigning injury and not trying as he knows he is leaving.

Football does not work like that in the real world.

Of course we do, he is our best player by far, the kind I'd pay to watch when on top of his game.

Are you happy with Mole, Obua, Miko and Chesney?

lost in leith
I agree, and it is laughable.

This is based purely on hearsay and speculation. In any case, I believe his wages are an irrelevance.

As you say, this is based on rumours. As you demonstrate, it is also based on amateur psychology.

You're entitled to your opinion. I'm entitled to my opinion. In the summer, my opinion was that we should have punted Larry and Nade because they weren't worth what we can reasonably assume that they are being paid. I stand by that opinion :)

Libertonian_II

Of course he shouldn't play. We'd be far better off playing Jonsson or neilson wide right. Or maybe even a left footed player playing on the right :rolleyes:

john brownlee

I think he is one of the most talented players we have at Hearts for many a long year and would play him when ever I can. The trouble is, this weeks game is the huns and mcdooonal is the gfa stooge do we want him injured and out for weeks or carded and out for weeks defo red card.

He has been injured I would maybe, depending on the score put him on for the last five minutes as a gesture and as a show case for the transfer window

I think he is one of the most talented players we have at Hearts for many a long year and would play him when ever I can. The trouble is, this weeks game is the huns and mcdooonal is the gfa stooge do we want him injured and out for weeks or carded and out for weeks defo red card.

He has been injured I would maybe, depending on the score put him on for the last five minutes as a gesture and as a show case for the transfer window

It's good to see your enthusiasm for getting rid of him and understanding the economics of where the best players are going. Away.

Archived