I'M DREAMIN' OF A WHITE

Bomber Harris

Bomber Harris

CHRISTMAS !

Just like the one's i used to know....

Thread already started on atmosphere but what about this classic from the Gorgie ?

If i'm right but stand to be corrected, was this ditty not done when visiting Arbroath some many moons ago and since then, well up to about 15 odd years ago, sung consistantly in the lead up to Christmas.

Come on PC brigade allow the legions of Hearts support to sing this song without us being made to feel guilty about wishing for a WHITE Christmas:rolleyes:

stevieC@pivot
CHRISTMAS !

Thread already started on atmosphere but what about this classic from the Gorgie ?

If i'm right but stand to be corrected, was this ditty not done when visiting Arbroath some many moons ago and since then, well up to about 15 odd years ago, sung consistantly in the lead up to Christmas.

Come on PC brigade allow the legions of Hearts support to sing this song without us being made to feel guilty about wishing for a WHITE Christmas:rolleyes:

The score was 7-0 too!

Bomber Harris
"I'm dreaming of a snowy festive season", surely. ;)

Yes but surely someone from the left will argue that snow is of a shade of white and that the festive season is of a Christian festivity ? :hobofish:

I remember singing it on more than 1 occasion at fester road in the 80s usually when 2-1 up, and the whole stand doing the twirly thing aswell great days. :):):):107years:

I hope this coming Chrimbo is better than last years.

Being a Hearts fan was horrible last Chrimbo and New Year. Was it 5 defeats in a row? The ICT / Kurskis one in particular was absolutely terrible.

Frail looking gutted saying "we're all hurting" one day and "the players are buzzing in training" the next will haunt me forever.

Commander Harris

Being a Hearts fan was horrible last Chrimbo and New Year. Was it 5 defeats in a row? The ICT / Kurskis one in particular was absolutely terrible.

Frail looking gutted saying "we're all hurting" one day and "the players are buzzing in training" the next will haunt me forever.

yup. trully awful, although I missed the St Mirren game on boxing day, slept in for a 3pm kick off :eek:

CHRISTMAS !

What a day oot that was ,can anyone remember the 5 days of christmas song ,jenners windaes 5 robertsons etc.

I no longer sing 'I'm dreaming of a White Christmas' in case I insult insomniacs.

Buffalo Bill

yup. trully awful, although I missed the St Mirren game on boxing day, slept in for a 3pm kick off :eek:

Worst performance of the season that one was.

This is the best song ever but can we have the full lyrics please? is it 'when the birds are singing, the bells are ringing and we kick in the hobos in the snow, IN THE SNOW'?

CHRISTMAS !

A christmas song that, curiously, was written by a Jew.

What a great example of the multiculturalism, tolerance and inclusivity.

Sheriff Fatman

It's also a song slagging off rich Los Angeles residents, who go on about 'traditional' Christmases whilst sitting on a beach under palm trees.

Ironic that, 'traditionalists' not practising what they preach.

Am I right in remembering we dont actually twirl our scarves for this one, but hold them up (similar to celtic, liverpool etc) and give the scarf an extra push forward on second 'in the snow'?

Drylaw Hearts
This is the best song ever but can we have the full lyrics please? is it 'when the birds are singing, the bells are ringing and we kick in the hobos in the snow, IN THE SNOW'?

The European Song is the best song ever imo.

Aye, it was a long winter! Usually we are quite good over the crimbo fixtures but last year certainly didn`t go to the script.

Let`s hope normal service is resumed, put it on yer letter tae Santa!

`where the tree tops glisten, and children listen......`

"...to hear Hearts fans in the snow....in the snow!"

I particularly enjoy the second "in the snow!"

Thinking of old classics we also used to do a Hearts version of "I'm forever blowing bubbles" with the line "Celtic and Rangers are always running and Hibs are running too but the Hearts supporters are running after you!"

Great days! Crap footie but good banter and swaying in the corner of the old shed was a great experience all seater stadiums can nerver emulate IMO.

Cappuccino Kid
Am I right in remembering we dont actually twirl our scarves for this one, but hold them up (similar to celtic, liverpool etc) and give the scarf an extra push forward on second 'in the snow'?

You are indeed correct. Scarfs were held up rather than twirled for White Christmas. Would be great to bring it back.

Bomber Harris
The score was 7-0 too!

Christmas Eve 1977, Arbroath 0 - 7 Heart Of Midlothian,

Willie Gibson 3

Drew Busby 3 &

Malcolm Robertson

3,165............. following week (hogmany) Eammon Bannon got 3 against Kilmarnock !!!!!

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

The ICT game was worth it though. It was the end of Korobochka. Oh no, wait...

Bomber Harris

season 1980/81 produced this though...

from Dec 6th, a victory over Kilmarnock, we then went on a run of 12 games without a win until we beat RANGERS 2-1 at Tynecastle on Mar 14th. :eek:

Yes folk's i was dreaming of a white Christmas.

Bomber Harris

and he died aged 101 in 1989 !!!!

Bomber Harris

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas

Just like the ones I used to know

Where the treetops glisten,

and children listen

To hear sleigh bells in the snow

With every Christmas card I write

May your days be merry and bright

And may all your Christmases be white

With every Christmas card I write

May your days be merry and bright

And may all your Christmases be white :P:p:p:p

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
Don't mention Christmas Day to me, i'm working Christmas Day, Boxing Day, & also 27th, & 28th!!:mad:

:eek:

I'm working Boxing Day possibly. :mad:

Triple time though. :)

I have already warned them I will be a sorry excuse for a human being that day.

I'm sure it goes back longer. I have these vague memories of the loyalist xenophobes from the Manor Branch singing this around 1970.

These guys were faithful and dedicated Hearts supporters, though completely deconstructed in any notion of tolerance.

But back to the song, I quite like it. Can't imagine we will get much snow on Ocean Beach in San Francisco for Christmas - but you can't always get what you want.

Willie Gibson 3

Drew Busby 3 &

Malcolm Robertson

3,165............. following week (hogmany) Eammon Bannon got 3 against Kilmarnock !!!!!

Wonder if the goals from Arbroath game are on youtube or something. I missed Busbys hat trick changing ends or being in the loo :o

Bomber Harris
What a day oot that was ,can anyone remember the 5 days of christmas song ,jenners windaes 5 robertsons etc.

all I can recall is

7 goals at Arbroath

6??

5 Robertsons

4 Jenners windaes

3 rangers bassas

2 fe****s burning

and a hibee with herpes

Bomber Harris
:eek:

I'm working Boxing Day possibly. :mad:

Triple time though. :)

I have already warned them I will be a sorry excuse for a human being that day.

Would rather be in the house skint mate than chase the ? sign, money takes a back seat in my household when it comes to the family over the festive period, do yourself a favour sit back and enjoy, too much much work grinds you down to the extent it may well have been your last Christmas.........." i gave you my heart but the very next day you gave it away":cool::rolleyes::cool::rolleyes:

Stupid Sexy Flanders
I particularly enjoy the second "in the snow!"

Thinking of old classics we also used to do a Hearts version of "I'm forever blowing bubbles" with the line "Celtic and Rangers are always running and Hibs are running too but the Hearts supporters are running after you!"

Great days! Crap footie but good banter and swaying in the corner of the old shed was a great experience all seater stadiums can nerver emulate IMO.

:biggrin: That doesn't quite fit does it? I believe the line to be "Celtic's always running, Rangers running too, we are the Gorgie bootboys and we're running after you."

But I wasn't around at the time this was widely sung, so maybe an older Jambo can confirm?

You are indeed correct. Scarfs were held up rather than twirled for White Christmas. Would be great to bring it back.

did we not break into a twirly at the end of the song

Spitonastranger
Yes but surely someone from the left will argue that snow is of a shade of white and that the festive season is of a Christian festivity ? :hobofish:

the more you write the stupider you look

Bomber Harris

Yeah right mate.....

say's the young boy with the word "jambo" in his username.

Bomber Harris

Don't think you quite get the jist of these PC remarks about Christmas, white, religious festivals etc etc

DO YOU ?

Goodmorningmrfisherman

Willie Gibson 3

Drew Busby 3 &

Malcolm Robertson

Each hat-rick got a case of whisky that festive season;)

Willie took the penalty on chrimbo eve and Eammon on hogmany:)

Think gibby and buzzbomb were wrecked from the week before;)

Spitonastranger
Don't think you quite get the jist of these PC remarks about Christmas, white, religious festivals etc etc

DO YOU ?

Poo Dee:hobofish:

Gav Aitchison
Worst performance of the season that one was.

Worst performance of any season. Nearly drove off the road home in despair.

Last time I heard White Christmas being sung was in a pub in Prague, along with every other Hearts song ever sung.

Archived