Death of the "TheTalkO'TheToun" Forum

grumpyjambo

Just received the following email announcing the death of the "TheTalkO'TheToun" forum. Sad to see it go as it was sometimes a much more sensible Forum than KB in that a discussion could take place without the usual suspects taking over the thread for their own agenda.

orry folks, but I have decided to close TToTT from tomorrow. Looking at forums outside the ever changing opinionated JKB it seems that there is a very limited use for forums like this one. My passion and unswerving opinions concerning the club have caused me a lot of personal grief which I could have avoided by following whatever trend or opinion was fashionable at the time. I will not and have not 'Sold out' at any time unlike some high profile figures still licking 4rses at our club.

I will always follow Hearts, but my job is done by trying to give an alternative to the existing array of forums. Other administrators will appreciate how hard it is to attract new members, but what else can you do to draw them from the flock.

I would suggest that anyone wishing to join another forum, Youngy @ http://www.viewfromgorgie.co.uk will welcome you to their friendly forum. You'll meet some new friends and also see some 'kent faces' aswell.

Now to get on with my other life.....thanks for your support folks.

Mon the Jambos.

Jamboinexile

My passion and unswerving opinions concerning the club have caused me a lot of personal grief which I could have avoided by following whatever trend or opinion was fashionable at the time. I will not and have not 'Sold out' at any time unlike some high profile figures still licking 4rses at our club.

I never used the forum and don't know the individual involved, but that makes whoever it is look unspeakably pompous.

Archived