scottish cup draw

Smoked-Glass

I think is on Saturday bbc1 after the all the full times? Anyone confirm this is the case.

Cheers.

Oh and who do we want? Hibs at home would be nice but never happens :mad:

Johnny Sandiego

Im led to beleive it's on then too mate. Canny beat the drama of an all in Cup Draw. The heart-in-mouth moment when Rangers are drawn as the home team, and your wee baw's still in the jug!

I'd like a wee team away to make a day of it. Peterhead or Elgin fit the bill. If not a safe home draw against a lower league side.

I think is on Saturday bbc1 after the all the full times? Anyone confirm this is the case.

Cheers.

Oh and who do we want? Hibs at home would be nice but never happens :mad:

I'm sure in the first round all the SPL teams come into it they are seeded (?) so really you'd expect to play a team from Divison 2 or lower...

could be wrong though

One of these lot ;)

Forres Mechanics v Dalbeattie Star, R3, 15:00

Inverurie Locos v Vale Of Leithen, R3, 15:00

I'd rather save Leith Flair FC until the semi-final then beat humiliate them 4-0. That's never happened before. No, wait.........;)

Thirs division teams all the way up to and including the Final would do me. Who cares about excitement, all I care about is winning it. :)

I'm sure in the first round all the SPL teams come into it they are seeded (?) so really you'd expect to play a team from Divison 2 or lower...

could be wrong though

no there is no seeding for the scottish cup.

the wee cup is seeded up to the quarter final stage, based on the top 8 teams from the league in the previous season.

scottish cup is an open draw, which is what makes the rd3 (now rd4) draw exciting.

i'm hoping for a couple of home draws vs diddy teams to ease us in, it would be nice to go on a wee run again.

Remnants of Standards
One of these lot ;)

Forres Mechanics v Dalbeattie Star, R3, 15:00

Inverurie Locos v Vale Of Leithen, R3, 15:00

im going to the inverness clachnacuddin V Stenhousemuir game on saturday after watching the Hearts rip Rangers in a pub in the Ness. Would take Clach in a second. Another decent wee trip as well boys??!

loveofthegame

Few mates play for Spartans so I'm hoping they beat Elgin away on Sat (could well happen, having already put Annan out who are above Elgin in the league and beat them 5-0 on Sat) and we get a home draw against them.

Would give them a massive day out and a banter game for us.

I think it is Saturday evening.

Not an away tie up North.

Aberdeen or Inverness could be dodge, as could Dundee Utd.

We'll get one of them, probably!!

I'd rather save Leith Flair FC until the semi-final then beat humiliate them 4-0. That's never happened before. No, wait.........;)

Thirs division teams all the way up to and including the Final would do me. Who cares about excitement, all I care about is winning it. :)

Spot on mate :cool:

defo not seeded cause in 2004-05 it was celtic v rangers 1st game! Commentator on sky said "THIS SHOULD BE THE FINAL" aye good one!

Hearts Heritage

The Scottish Cup used to be drawn on a geographical basis. Hence our crap early record versus Hibs in the Cup.

Gav Aitchison

It'd be nice to start with a good fun away-day v lower league opposition, followed by some decent home draws. Forres away to start off would be nice.

The FA day do this as well, draw at 1pm on Monday and I think it's totally rank.

Surely the draw should be on a Sat evening when folk are just in from the game having their Indian carry out or still in the pub supping pints?

lost in leith
The FA day do this as well, draw at 1pm on Monday and I think it's totally rank.

Surely the draw should be on a Sat evening when folk are just in from the game having their Indian carry out or still in the pub supping pints?

Exactly. Either have it after the games have finished or that night. Total stupidity having it on the Monday. Why are they trying to minimise the publicity attached to the draw?

Archived