What's the most expensive pint in Edinburgh?

the voice from above

the voice from above

Can't find a pint in the centre of town (Standing Order and maybe Edwards excluded) for less than 3 bucks.

I know they used to sell Peroni at 5 pound a pop some places.

Just wondering how ludicrous things have become by now?

Any advance on a fiver.

Can't find a pint in the centre of town (Standing Order and maybe Edwards excluded) for less than 3 bucks.

Any advance on a fiver.

they were charging ?4 a bottle of bulmers pear cider in the rutland the other week.

it was my mate's round, his face was something to behold, he's got long pockets.

Tiberius Stinkfinger
they were charging ?4 a bottle of bulmers pear cider in the rutland the other week.

it was my mate's round, his face was something to behold, he's got long pockets.

P.M.S.L

Iam having to scrape the residue from a Mr Kiplings French fancy after that little pearler.

How would you ken the price of anything in a boozer.

You have never been that close to a bar in your entire life.

Any advance on a fiver.

You're obviously not looking too hard as most places (that aren't George St pubs or boozers of their ilk) are still under ?3 for a pint.

The most I've paid for a pint is still ?4.25 for a Kronenbourg Blanc in Bar Sirius, about 5 years ago.

Guest juvehearts

I refuse to pay anything over ?2.70 for a pint of anywhere in edinburgh.

if i get charged more than that, i just leave.

happened to me at 8 pubs/bars already.

cheapest i have had is ?1.88

Billy the Jambo

I dont know about the most expensive pint in Edinburgh but the most expensive soft drink must be Ryans at the west end .I am on antibiotics just now so avoiding alcohol .I went to said establishment after doing a bit of xmas shopping and they charged me ?3.25 for a fresh orange and lemonade.Fecking robbing barstewards i wont be going there again

?5 in the Candy Bar. Full of parrot heeded Hobos so I bailed to the Queens Arms for a lovely pint of IPA.

Parrot-heeded and hobo's goes so well together.

Most Hearts fans i know have proper haircuts. Most hibby's i know ponce about with hairdryers before going out.

Drinking in Hectors is becoming increasingly expensive.

Anywhere between ?3.00 and ?5.00 for a pint but there is plenty of choice!

Pub that I frequent when I am in Edinburgh you can get a pint of lager for

?1.88 and beers are around ?1.40 - ?1.70.

Its brewery owned and its not in the centre of town hence the prices.

I'm sure it was something like ?4.09 (?) for a Peroni in Le Monde at the weekends...was back in August when I got this nasty shock....needless to say I haven't been back since

I'm sure it was something like ?4.09 (?) for a Peroni in Le Monde at the weekends...was back in August when I got this nasty shock....needless to say I haven't been back since

I've now taken the "habit" of going to the Haymarket bar (?2.30? IIRC correctly for a pint of Tennants) or Standing Order (around the same price :) )

Credit crunch :rolleyes:

marshallschunkychicken

A pint of lager in the Braid Bar at Dalmahoy is ?1.74 if you're a member.

It's a pity it's so difficult to get to without a car. :(

Regal Kingston

The progression between ?2 and ?3 and ?3 and ?4 for a pint has been frightening. But carry outs of Tennents are the lowest they have been in years.

I bought a Kopperberg for myself and a large red for the bird (house sh**) at that boozer next to the burnt down La Belle Angel (cannae mind the name) -Off Market Street - plays live music.

?9.90. I wanted to hook the barmaid.

I P Knightley

I was in a pub the other night with a downstairs and an upstairs bar. Pint of Deuchars IPA downstairs was ?3.10 and upstairs was ?3.00.

There's a business opportunity for anyone who cares to seize it, selling upstairs Dooks to the downstairs punters for ?3.05. Everyone's happy.

That deacon brodies is bloody expensive. Went there with a bird in July and I got a Corona and she had a dbl spirit and mixer. Was about 9 quid or something. Im sure the bar man was laughing as he said its only an extra 50p or so for a double.

I don't really have any sympathy for people that pay a fortune for a pint at the likes of Opal Lounge or La Monde as it's the price you have to pay for pretentious surroundings and Hibs players but what really pees me off is when you're at a gig in some dive like Cab Volt or The Hive and they charge you 3.50 a pint when the band is on but the minute they're finished it drops down to 2 quid. Sure, it makes sound business sense but you're still *****.

I suppose to the most aggrieved i've ever been over prices is when I went to Cav a few Sat's ago for a birthday. The cheapest drink was a pint of watered down Tenants for 3.50. I could just about deal with that price in certain places but in Cav, surrounded by every single ned in Edinburgh I knew I wasn't going to last long.

chester copperpot

Was charged ?9.90 for a Vodka and Coke in a hotel in Heathrow last month.

Almost died, even though it was Grey Goose vodka they were using.

I got charged 6 quid for a pint in some fancy bar in glasgow's west end, was gonna tell her to shove it up her airse but did not want to look cheap in front of the weegies.

I don't really have any sympathy for people that pay a fortune for a pint at the likes of Opal Lounge or La Monde as it's the price you have to pay for pretentious surroundings and Hibs players but what really pees me off is when you're at a gig in some dive like Cab Volt or The Hive and they charge you 3.50 a pint when the band is on but the minute they're finished it drops down to 2 quid. Sure, it makes sound business sense but you're still *****.

I suppose to the most aggrieved i've ever been over prices is when I went to Cav a few Sat's ago for a birthday. The cheapest drink was a pint of watered down Tenants for 3.50. I could just about deal with that price in certain places but in Cav, surrounded by every single ned in Edinburgh I knew I wasn't going to last long.

:eek: jesus christ

you could just about get 6 cans of tennents for that price

:eek: jesus christ

you could just about get 6 cans of tennents for that price

Minus the salubrious surroundings of Cav, a horde of pizzed-up neds and drooling Granny's though. You're paying for location.

Commander Harris
Drinking in Hectors is becoming increasingly expensive.

Anywhere between ?3.00 and ?5.00 for a pint but there is plenty of choice!

Pub that I frequent when I am in Edinburgh you can get a pint of lager for

?1.88 and beers are around ?1.40 - ?1.70.

Its brewery owned and its not in the centre of town hence the prices.

what are they charging a fiver for? :eek:

sometimes drink in Hectors but I've managed to avoid that!

Search over chaps.

I went for a quick pint at 6pm last night and got home at 2am about ?40 lighter in the wallet. And as I very clearly told every one I was going for a pint then the pint must have cost ?40.

Search over chaps.

I went for a quick pint at 6pm last night and got home at 2am about ?40 lighter in the wallet. And as I very clearly told every one I was going for a pint then the pint must have cost ?40.

That happened to me every Friday after work for about 10 years.

That was in the days when you could afford to go out on the **** both Friday/Saturday without taking out a bank loan.

Edinburgh is getting absolutely ridiculous, it's not a kick in the arse off ?2.50 for a pint in my local now.

I mind in my teens/early 20's whenever i was in London being shocked at the price for a bevvy. Edinburgh must be on a par with down there now surely.

Archived