Main Stand cheap seats - which would you recommend?

Diane

A friend, after some persuading from me, has asked me to sort him out with a ticket for his first trip to Tynie for the Rangers game. He'll be pretty much a neutral (Queen's Park season ticket holder).

The online ticketing is offering me the following:

Section T1, Row E, Seat 85

Section T2, Row B, Seat 24

Section T3, Row G, Seat 27

Being a Wheatfield gal, I've no idea of the layout or numbering system in that corner of the old stand. I can see where block T is, but which way round is the T1, T2, T3 numbering? Left to right or front to back? Will all of these be up in the covered bit, or in the old enclosure (bring a good waterproof)?

Thoughts and recommendations will be gratefully received.

Commander Harris

I *think* T1 is lower T. T2 upper, and T3 upper and to the side. If that's the case your better off with T2 IMO.

I *think* T1 is lower T. T2 upper, and T3 upper and to the side. If that's the case your better off with T2 IMO.

I actually believe it is the same as Section N.

N3 - upper

N1 - Lower, nearer the Roseburn

N2 (my section) - Lower, nearer the middle of the pitch (probably best seats IMO)

In that case I'd go for T2.

A friend, after some persuading from me, has asked me to sort him out with a ticket for his first trip to Tynie for the Rangers game. He'll be pretty much a neutral (Queen's Park season ticket holder).

Being a Wheatfield gal, I've no idea of the layout or numbering system in that corner of the old stand. I can see where block T is, but which way round is the T1, T2, T3 numbering? Left to right or front to back? Will all of these be up in the covered bit, or in the old enclosure (bring a good waterproof)?

If you try Ticketmaster again you should find a spare seat in N3. Nice and dry with a good view and much nearer the more atmospheric parts of the ground.

Guest S.U.S.S.
If you try Ticketmaster again you should find a spare seat in N3. Nice and dry with a good view and much nearer the more atmospheric parts of the ground.

I can confirm N3 is where all the REAL fans sit.;)

Although we could do with a few more attractive females in the section.:)

Here is the location guide for you:-

http://media.ticketmaster.co.uk/en-gb/tmimages/venue/maps/uk1/11511s_a.gif

Don't think that's right. Section O should be P, and N2 on the Gorgie Road end should be T1. What are P1 and P2 on that image? Hospitality?

I was thinking the same thing

Get him to pay the extra cash and go into Section G, better atmosphere in there - might even get him to convert!

section p is where it's at in the main.

Don't you know Ticketmaster have renamed Section P? It's now Section O. Hope you don't get lost on Saturday :)

Forget T, spend an extra couple of pennies and send your friend to section P instead. Great view of the pitch, guaranteed to stay dry in bad weather and if the football is dull you can always watch the away fans for entertainment.

:)

Nice folk up there too, of course.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

T2 is probably my favourite part of the ground.

I used to have a season ticket there for a few years, right behind the dugout and if you are against the wall you get to stand for the whole game. :)

Decent banter around you and the atmosphere is pretty good.

I would concur with SUSS on this point N3 is superb for atmoshphere

T3 is where our seats are but we are row O. It is all undercover so nice and dry and our seats are near goal line at Gorgie end, Theses seats I think will be similar but bit further down than us. Good area but maybe not the best view.

N3 for the first time in years for me this Saturday... Looking forward to it. :)

Thanks for all the info, folks.

One question though - where's the "get him pumped/make sure he gets you pumped"?

That would have been very early on in the thread if the roles were reversed!

Archived