Please please give us European football...

Legend Claws

I yearn for an overseas trip. You can't beat them for excitement and drunken escapades. Obviously it is of great benefit to the club to be playing in Europe too. It is possible as long as things stay stable and we can strengthen key areas in January. Have to worry if the likes of Driver & Bruno were to pick up injuries.

And now the end is near...

Nice 2000th post mate.

I agree.

Never been away myself, due to work but I have vowed to do it the next time we get a decent draw.

As far as I am concerned European qualification is a measure of success for our club and should be our aim every season. I'm hearing things like 'transitional season' and 'top six would be an improvement' from some fans. It's Europe or bust for me. Add to that the fact that our European record in recent years is far from embarrassing, there is usually more than one trip for our fans when we qualify unlike most other Scottish clubs.

loveofthegame

I long for another trip, to add to my 6 in recent years. Some of the best times of my life. Worth every penny, regardless of what you have to cut back on to afford them! Praying for a top 4 finish!

Nice 2000th post mate.

I agree.

Never been away myself, due to work but I have vowed to do it the next time we get a decent draw.

Didn't even notice that! Well worth it mate here's hoping you can experience it next season.

Sexton Hardcastle

Would love a cheeky away trip to add to Prague and Rotterdam.

Not sure where exactly. France/Italy/Germany would be of intrest. Or even better an English team. Would love to play Villa/Everton etc away. Would be a cracking trip.

I would extend the thread title to please please give us European football at Tynecastle. The Murrayfield experiment's been binned for UEFA games, hasn't it?

I yearn for our club to regain league respectability. If we can finish in the top four or five this year then that would be a vast improvement and IMO the important first step we require. If we are to attain European qualification I would be delighted as that would surely exceed any reasonable expectations.

Drylaw Hearts
I would extend the thread title to please please give us European football at Tynecastle. The Murrayfield experiment's been binned for UEFA games, hasn't it?

I bloody hope so.

I'm desperate on a European Vacation.

You weren't that desperate when I offered you first dabs on the Belfast Beauties I brought back to the room. ;)

Does 5th qualify for the old Intertoto - assuming a top 3 team win the SC?

I am sure we could have 5 teams in Europe next season.

missed the last few tours in 2006, used to take them for granted every other year. badly missing them

even went away with Scotland but it's just not the same :( to many jolly jocks

bordeaux was tops for me :):):)

Charlie-Brown

Regards Tynecastle I'm sure we would need an exemption because the pitch/stadium doesn't meet certain UEFA criteria - whether we would apply for or obtain one is different matter, from a financial & attendance perspective every game at Murrayfield has attracted a larger attendance than can be accommodated at Tynecastle.

Does 5th qualify for the old Intertoto - assuming a top 3 team win the SC?

I am sure we could have 5 teams in Europe next season.

3 UEFA places this year. 3rd and 4th in the league and the cup winners. If one of the OF win the cup (or 3rd/4th in league win it) then 5th in the league would be enough.

I'm watching Aalborg/Celtic at the moment,how come they can play champions league there but not at Tynecastle?I'm sure I remember being told there was not enough space behind the goals,looks about the same there

3 UEFA places this year. 3rd and 4th in the league and the cup winners. If one of the OF win the cup (or 3rd/4th in league win it) then 5th in the league would be enough.

If one of the Old Firm (assuming they finish in the top two) beat someone outside the top 4 in the league in the Scottish Cup final then the cup runner-up will still take a European place. In short, we could still see a lower division team in Europe.

PTBCAL, the Intertoto has been scrapped.

If one of the Old Firm (assuming they finish in the top two) beat someone outside the top 4 in the league in the Scottish Cup final then the cup runner-up will still take a European place. In short, we could still see a lower division team in Europe.

PTBCAL, the Intertoto has been scrapped.

I know - I meant the 'old' intertoto - which is now effectively part of the new Europa league etc... but I can see my post was not 100% clear.

So as long as the trophies go to the top 4 then 5 would get into Europe this year?

I know - I meant the 'old' intertoto - which is now effectively part of the new Europa league etc... but I can see my post was not 100% clear.

So as long as the trophies go to the top 4 then 5 would get into Europe this year?

Nope! An OF side beating a non-top 4 side in the Cup Final is actually quite a likely scenario: in which case, 5th doesn't make it.

Another trip would be great. Only been to Athens and Prague so far, as they were the first two that I could really afford, but would love to add another.

Still not really confident of us finishing in the top four, though.

A trip would be great, but so would some more european nights at tynie. Sure there's more cash to be had at murrayfield, and there may have to be some grovelling to uefa becuse of the pitch etc. But you cannae beat the atmosphere with all four stands packed tight and the place buzzin...

Tucked up tight in there easter road beds, the party would for sure keep the hobos awake late :)

Is it the top four that get into Europe this year, plus the winners of the Scottish Cup?

In that case look out the passports boys!

Another trip would be great. Only been to Athens and Prague so far, as they were the first two that I could really afford, but would love to add another.

Still not really confident of us finishing in the top four, though.

Prague, man that was good!

Regards Tynecastle I'm sure we would need an exemption because the pitch/stadium doesn't meet certain UEFA criteria - whether we would apply for or obtain one is different matter, from a financial & attendance perspective every game at Murrayfield has attracted a larger attendance than can be accommodated at Tynecastle.

Failure to apply for an exemption would not be at all clever, and could lose us money in the grand scheme of things. If Celtic had played their CL home games over recent years at Hampden, for example, there's no way they'd have achieved the results they have. Tynecastle is our greatest asset and greatest strength on a European night, and I think it's paramount we play there should we qualify.

wheatfield to sheffield
every game at Murrayfield has attracted a larger attendance than can be accommodated at Tynecastle.

but every game at Tynecastle has generated a better atmosphere than can be created at Murrayfield

Archived