Kanye West - 808s & Heartbreaks

Legend Claws

Thoughts? I really like the guys music but am really unsure about this. It is like any generic 'R&B' effort. I need to listen more but on first listen I'm pretty disappointed.

I haven't heard this yet, but I hated Love Lockdown when I first heard it. Like you, it sounded like any other generic R&B, which I have no interest in.

And then something clicked and I think it's amazing!

Kanye is where it's at!

this_is_my_story
Thoughts? I really like the guys music but am really unsure about this. It is like any generic 'R&B' effort. I need to listen more but on first listen I'm pretty disappointed.

Heard a couple of tracks and would agree with you so far. Seems he's past his best, I'm afraid. Was good when he was good, though, if you get my drift.

I haven't heard this yet, but I hated Love Lockdown when I first heard it. Like you, it sounded like any other generic R&B, which I have no interest in.

And then something clicked and I think it's amazing!

Kanye is where it's at!

Love Lockdown is a great tune but so far to me the rest of it may as well be some horrible Ne-Yo or Akon effort.

Sexton Hardcastle

The College Dropout was his best work. Can listen to the whole cd over and over. Some cracking tunes on it.

I love his other work but this...well it hasn't grown on me over the last week or so. I don't think its built as a major album, more of a "look what I can do, no one else is doing this...im the man dawg!" kind of thing.

I have not listened to the new album yet but I will probably get my sister it for Xmas (she is a massive fan) and then I can stick it on the old Ipod anyway.

Craig-Section Z

Listened to the first 4 tracks so far and its awesome. Different from any other Kanye stuff but its brilliant!!

Its still about the beats its just stripped down and simplified, i like it!!

Was never a big Kanye fan , thought 'jesus walks', 'Hey mama', 'Roses, and 'Goldigger' were all top tunes but apart from that I was never a fan. Downloaded this album last week and in my opinion its horrendously bad, The whole voice changer slow R and B thing isnt working for him. To be fair though 'Bad News' seems to be the one good tune. I'll keep giving it a go and see if its a grower though!:)

Sexton Hardcastle
surely the most overrated rap/ hip-hop artist ever? I just dont get the fuss at all

Quite a statement.

HMFCjamieHMFC
surely the most overrated rap/ hip-hop artist ever? I just dont get the fuss at all

50 Cent or Lil Wayne are more over rated

Archived