Phone upgrade

hughesie27

Contract doesn't run out for a few months yet but what decent phones are out there these days? Any releases due in the first half of next year?

An additional PS3 or laptop wouldn't be too shabby either mind you.

Currently on T-Mobile and find that there flext plan of ?180 for ?30 a month is great value for money so something with them would be a bonus. Looking at there website nothing really catches my eye though.

Contract doesn't run out for a few months yet but what decent phones are out there these days? Any releases due in the first half of next year?

An additional PS3 or laptop wouldn't be too shabby either mind you.

Currently on T-Mobile and find that there flext plan of ?180 for ?30 a month is great value for money so something with them would be a bonus. Looking at there website nothing really catches my eye though.

orite hughester speak to stevo hes with t-mobile tae and hes got a ****er of a deal for like 25quid speak to him the moring at school!:)

He also has a crap phone.

mate the nokia n96 is a brilliant fone btw few people have tht but i no wht ur sayin sumthing new will come out ma contract runs out in april i still have the g-600 hink he has the samsung soul eh?

Theres an LG out with a 8MP camera and the other usual stuff if thats your sort of thing.

Tbh Im downgrading my phone next time, for all the fancy features, I would prefer a phone which didnt take an age to send a text or make a call because of the software being pish.

I've recently moved onto the Samsung Tocco. It's a beautiful phone but you need the fingers of a two year old meerkat to text.

plennymeerkats.jpg

Buffalo Bill

Tocco - good phone for what you need although the Omnia has wireless.

Billy Boy, will you be in the Diggers this Saturday? If so, perchance a beer?

BoJack Horseman

I'm with Prancer there. Beyond having the old fancy phone. As long as the thing can send/receive calls/texts then what else does it need? If you're looking at getting a free ps3/laptop with it you're going to get an average phone. That's the route I took earlier this year. Got a bog standard Sony Ericsson mobile on Three, ?27pm, 1100 "units" where each unit is either a minute of anytime any network calls or a text, and a free 360 Elite thrown in with that.

Watch where you get your free gift deal from. A lot of places make you wait a month then you send in a form to get the gift. One little mistake on the form and you don't get it. I got my 360 sent next day with the phone though so it was all good.

Omnia:cool:

I've recently moved onto the Samsung Tocco. It's a beautiful phone but you need the fingers of a two year old meerkat to text.

plennymeerkats.jpg

Buffalo Bill

Bang on, Samsung phones are by far the smartest I have seen and owned. If you want ease of use, get a Nokia, if you want to be seriously cool, get a Samsung :cool:

SE C905 is the berries.

i agree, even if i am on my second as the sound just stoped working after taking it off hands free.

bloody good phone tho

i agree, even if i am on my second as the sound just stoped working after taking it off hands free.

bloody good phone tho

Sounds brilliant! :eek:

Get a blackberry. Got one about 6 months ago and wouldn't think about getting anything else. It's the mutts nuts!

I got ?150 back there and then as well.

I have a LG Viewty just now and going back to actual buttons seems like a step backward. The Omnia would be the logical choice but are there any deals on T-Mobile with a PS3 going around anywhere?

Where is the best place to look?

I have a LG Viewty just now and going back to actual buttons seems like a step backward. The Omnia would be the logical choice but are there any deals on T-Mobile with a PS3 going around anywhere?

Bart-Simpson-Google_Agency-Training.JPG

I'm due an upgrade in about 2 months time but I believe that o2 will probably let me do it earlier thanks to this daft priority club thing they have going on. Early release o2 arena tickets are nice and everything...if you live in London or its environs... :rolleyes:

So...the obvious choice would be the iPhone..I quite like the newer Samsungs and Sony Ericssons but I'm told looks aren't everything. As long as it doesn't irritate me as much as the Nokia N95, I don't mind what it is to be honest. Any recommendations for o2 contract welcome...

Omnia - far too big and the Windows Mobile software drags it to the ground!!

N96 - Brilliant phone. Has all the features you could imagine and more (BBC iPlayer) but a bit flimsy... not as well put together as C905 (Im selling an N96 for ?260 if anyone wants it ;))

C905 - doesnt have the same features as N96...sat nav isnt as good but a much better camera and put together perfectly -very sturdy and has an expensive feel.

Tocco - good phone - great for web browsing and a bit of showing off...eventually get used to the touch screen..easier to use than the omnia's

Speaking from experience as Iv had all these phones.

Most impressed with N96

Dean Winchester

Get the new version. The Renoir. 8 Mega Pixel camera with it, so decent photos and the rests just been great so far. Cant see past it at the minute.

Archived