Help Needed ...Horse Racing day

Better call Saul

Better call Saul

A freind has asked if I can search around for a present for a loved one ,

They want to go to cheltenham or Aintree for for one the of the Big festivals maybe stay a few days that sort of thing

Any suggestions Guys ? of best races to go to & places to stay , I have looked up the web sites but their massive .:eek:

:)Thanks in advance for any help on this one .

Goodmorningmrfisherman

They want to go to cheltenham or Aintree for for one the of the Big festivals maybe stay a few days that sort of thing

Any suggestions Guys ? of best races to go to & places to stay , I have looked up the web sites but their massive .:eek:

Would avoid cheltenham and the national if first time race goers.

Recommend York,chester(may meeting) or Haydock.

Also the punchestown festival is good.

I went to the National about 10 years ago (never been to Cheltenham races but have visited the place a lot : there aint much there and there's not a lot of accommodation and the town centre has little in the way of eating out). I'd recommend the National but buy the best tickets you can afford : nice new stands with decent restaurants & bars. Avoid the peasants and the fun fair in the centre of the track.

The Old Tolbooth
Would avoid cheltenham and the national if first time race goers.

Recommend York,chester(may meeting) or Haydock.

Also the punchestown festival is good.

Bloody good advice mate, especially Punchestown festival as it involves a trip to Ireland and a massive drinking binge lol!

You probably wouldn't get into Cheltenham or Aintree for their festivals now anyway to be honest as they're normally booked well in advance.

York is a fantastic day out and not far away, also Epsom (Derby day) and Newmarket (1000 and 2000 guinaes meeting) are meant to be superb, failing that the St Leger day at Doncaster is meant to be an excellent day out, although you would need to wait a while for that day as it's the back end of the flat season next year.

The Arc De Triomph is apparently amazing also, with free bus services taking you from your Paris hotel to the race course and back again afterwards, I wa stalking to a guy who has just been there not long ago and he says it was out of this world.

Hope this helps mate

Archived