Irish flag confiscated from hobo fans

Randle P McMurphy

Randle P McMurphy

According to the Sunday Times the stewards removed an Irish flag from hobo fans during the game at m/well. Obviously septic fans will be treated the same on their next visit there?

Nucky Thompson
More than just one flag removed.

http://www.hibs.net/message/showthread.php?t=135541

There is some Hobo on that thread called big Kev with an avatar with a UJ and 'Hearts fans, Rangers fans without the bus fare':biggrin: What a moron. Hibs fans= Celtic fans without the bus fare, diet tims, mini tims:107years:

There is some Hobo on that thread called big Kev with an avatar with a UJ and 'Hearts fans, Rangers fans without the bus fare':biggrin: What a moron. Hibs fans= Celtic fans without the bus fare, diet tims, mini tims:107years:

Dont fall to their level Boo. We are better than them. :)

usual rubbish being spouted from that mob but a few good points being made espically how some of them would re-act to a union flag being waved..

Sprouleflyer

Testimonial Due

Quote:

Originally Posted by FalkirkHibee View Post

If a person feels genuinely antagonized by any national flag then I think they need to have a word with themselves.

Does that include the posters on here who went on about the number of Union Jacks on display at the last derby?

I don't really know why the Irish Tricolour is used by hibs fans (I don't have much of an issue with it either) as it wasn't the Irish flag when Hibs were formed.

The flag commonly used was the green flag with a harp in the middle, just like our original club badge. I feel that if we want to embrace our Irish roots, that's the flag that hibs fans should display and leave the tricolour to celtic fans.'

Nice to see at least some of them are actual aware of their true history

Randle P McMurphy

Its not the merits of having the flags I am on about, its just the double standards of how fans outwith the OF are treated differently.

Its not the merits of having the flags I am on about, its just the double standards of how fans outwith the OF are treated differently.

No argument there..the simple fact is that no matter how much every other fan in scotland complains its never going to change...they have and alway have had the authorities in their back pocket, both SFA and policing..the simple fact that thier collective term comes from them stitching up games to ensure re-plays and collecting more cash from their adoring masses just goes to show that nothing has ever changed

Why do people find national flags offensive?

If anyone replies to this then I wonder how long this thread will last now. :rolleyes:

If anyone replies to this then I wonder how long this thread will last now. :rolleyes:

To be fair, it's a question i've always had running through my head.

Nobody seems to be able to answer. :unsure:

Anyway, 10.9.8.7.6....

Anyway, 10.9.8.7.6....

Me too to be honest. It's a pretty complicated question. The same wavy thing can in some circumstances be excellent and in others detestable. There are so many factors involved. It would actually be nice to have a reasoned debate on here about those wavy things in general but I guess it will never happen. :)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Hibs bigotry problem rearing it's ugly head again. :sad:

It's disgusting to see an Edinburgh club with such a lowlife support. :sad:

Bigots.

Bigots.

This really should be our reaction. It's the stock answer to anything similar on Hibs.net and perpetuates an unfair view of our support.

Tims without the bus fair.

The Old Tolbooth
This really should be our reaction. It's the stock answer to anything similar on Hibs.net and perpetuates an unfair view of our support.

Tims without the bus fair.

Totally agree 100% mate, they just cant seem to accept that there is an element of their support (just like there is to ours) which sympathizes with one half of the bigot brothers.

Anyway, 10.9.8.7.6....

From Hobo.net

"-Neds in Motherwell section near the away end see the tricolour and go berserk and start singing "Wrong *****in country, you're in the wrong *****in country..."

-A couple of minutes later a steward marches in and confiscates the flag.

-Motherwell neds respond with lots of cheering and then start singing a song that sounded like "Go home ya tims, go home ya tims..."

:rofl::rofl:

portobellojambo1
usual rubbish being spouted from that mob but a few good points being made espically how some of them would re-act to a union flag being waved..

Sprouleflyer

Testimonial Due

Quote:

If a person feels genuinely antagonized by any national flag then I think they need to have a word with themselves.

Does that include the posters on here who went on about the number of Union Jacks on display at the last derby?

I don't really know why the Irish Tricolour is used by hibs fans (I don't have much of an issue with it either) as it wasn't the Irish flag when Hibs were formed.

The flag commonly used was the green flag with a harp in the middle, just like our original club badge. I feel that if we want to embrace our Irish roots, that's the flag that hibs fans should display and leave the tricolour to celtic fans.'

I agree with you teepee, and poster number 26 makes a very valid point as well. If Celtic fans want to show support to their historical background they should realise it is actually Leith and not Ireland, and take Hibs flags to games. Without Hibs there would have been no Celtic.

The Old Tolbooth
I agree with you teepee, and poster number 26 makes a very valid point as well. If Celtic fans want to show support to their historical background they should realise it is actually Leith and not Ireland, and take Hibs flags to games. Without Hibs there would have been no Celtic.

Pint for the first person who posts this on the huddleboard, pie and bovril, and ira.net :P

EDIT (I should add that by putting in .net, I wasn't referring to any Hibs message board, but the official smeltic one)

Pint for the first person who posts this on the huddleboard, pie and bovril, and ira.net :P

EDIT (I should add that by putting in .net, I wasn't referring to any Hibs message board, but the official smeltic one)

pm me the link to the websites and what u want said and i'll do it and post the link to you lol.

Sprouleflyer

Testimonial Due

Quote:

the only sence ive herd a hibee say

well theyve imploded on themselves over by..the thread has reached 5 pages and still going....its nice watching a flag debate from a distance :P

MacDonald Jardine
well theyve imploded on themselves over by..the thread has reached 5 pages and still going....its nice watching a flag debate from a distance :P

They have them periodically.

They bear a remarkable similarity to the ones on here.

Hibernian does mean Ireland? Therefore I do see why it would be appropriate for Hibs fans to pretend their Irish like how Obama and McCain claim to be Scottish!

Smeltic and Hibs can both justify their roots however it's a little ironic that the team that started the tattie league DUFC (formerly Dundee Hibernians) are the team that doesn't bang on about their Irish roots if at all?! Yet Hibs and especially Smeltic ram it in our faces like we care. Why is this?

Bigots.

Correct. They'll never change. Even the name of their sad little club is a nod to bigotry and sectarianism. :o

Its as bad as the union flag wavers at the Hearts games.

Both teams are guilty of having a minority of supporters who do their best to tarnish the good name of the club.

Its something which will unfortunately never go away as long as these people continue to follow the clubs.

The issue isn't so much the flag he was waving as the fact he was wearing a black balaclava and miming shooting people.

Was this the guy spotted in Robbos earlier that day watching the Celtc - St Mirren match?

:P

It seems that when certain hearts fans wave Union Flags they and eventually all of us are labelled as sectarian, bigots, mini huns etc etc etc.

When the vermin do it its them "Celebrating their traditions" and its their heritage.

Complete tripe. Were all classed as being secatarian and so should that lot be to.

another good reason to hate the hobos ;)

Was a few of my mates thats flag got confiscated, 2 are 17 and ones 15, they were windin up the local m/well neds with there flag, eventually got it back after a talk about how celtic supporters would get away with it..

Hibernian does mean Ireland? Therefore I do see why it would be appropriate for Hibs fans to pretend their Irish like how Obama and McCain claim to be Scottish!

Smeltic and Hibs can both justify their roots however it's a little ironic that the team that started the tattie league DUFC (formerly Dundee Hibernians) are the team that doesn't bang on about their Irish roots if at all?! Yet Hibs and especially Smeltic ram it in our faces like we care. Why is this?

Probably because a sizeable minority of our support DO seem to care.

Honestly, why does anyone get offended by some ned waving a tricolour at them?

Never mind feel such indignation that they feel the need to go home, get a Union flag and wave it right back at the,

Archived