No pie at half time

MaskedMagician

MaskedMagician

Aside from the great performance yesterday i was raging that i wasn't able to get a pie at half time.

I mean they shouldn't be running out, everybody wants a pie at half time especially on a cold day like yesterday to warm yourself up. Also when i asked for hot dog instead they said they had none of them left either!

Shocking.

Miller Jambo 60
Aside from the great performance yesterday i was raging that i wasn't able to get a pie at half time.

I mean they shouldn't be running out, everybody wants a pie at half time especially on a cold day like yesterday to warm yourself up. Also when i asked for hot dog instead they said they had none of them left either!

Shocking.

Wheatfield by any chance:)

I couldn't get one 2 mins before KICK OFF in the Wheatfield. All they had were those stinking hotdogs so I had to go to the grotty burger van. ?3.50 a pop for a cheeseburger! Will remember to pack my prawn sandwiches next week :mad:

I got a pie before the game in Gorgie end. 'Crispy' and tepid is all I can say...

Hard and cold in other words :(

Miller Jambo 60
my nana used to warn me not to eat the pies at the football as they were full of horse meat. you were lucky

Love that got a good steak pie in N .

Maybe Robinson was starving:eek:

portobellojambo1
No pie at half time

From the smell that comes off of, and the grease that dribbles out of, the pies being eaten by those sitting around me I think those who don't manage to get one should class it as a bonus.

Filling, temporarily, it might be, food it most definitely is not.

Shocking.

No need to rage - the pies are honking and over priced.

Get yourself along early and just before the Gorgie Road entrance (going west) there is a shop called "Wendy's". They sell steak pies, haggis pies. macaroni pies, mince pies but not hair.....pies and they are excellent and nearly half the price. The club sell food at inflated prices to a captive audience and while I don't mind, even encourage, them to make a profit and help the club, I think they are taking the p*ss from the ordinary fan. Imagine a father with two sons going to get a pie and bovril for each of the 3 of them, that would cost in excess of ?7.00.

The Old Tolbooth
I couldn't get one 2 mins before KICK OFF in the Wheatfield. All they had were those stinking hotdogs so I had to go to the grotty burger van. ?3.50 a pop for a cheeseburger! Will remember to pack my prawn sandwiches next week :mad:

I always knew you were one of them :P

Raging. Romanov Out! :mad:

my nana used to warn me not to eat the pies at the football as they were full of horse meat. you were lucky

I always knew you were one of them :P

:rofl:

I wouldnt eat anything from the stalls there, the food is ****ing honking.. The pies smell bad, and the rest of the food looks like it was made about a week ago and then re heated..Plus its a rip off..

They should open a a few new good quality n decent priced food stalls.. Ok maby im asking a bit much, but you would at least expect some decnet grub before and at half time with the prices your paying to go watch hearts week inn and week out.. C'mon romanov get yar finger out...:P

Better call Saul

Shocking.

WELL THAT IS SAD BUT I HAVE SAD STORY ALSO

My wee girl was at me to buy her a hot choclate so I did

and it was roastin but she was so happy that she got it so she waited for it too cool down whilst watchinh the Hearts after waiting about ten mins for it she picked it up ......Driver Bangs the goal in THEN she drops it :sad: and could not get another as the pie shop had shut :mad: poor wee thing cried for a bit :sad::sad:

The Wheatfield Stand burger van had no curry sauce. :mad:

I mean, how difficult is it for them to get that right?

Buffalo Bill

The People's Chimp
Main stand.

If you normally sit there then surely you'll have realised that, pies or no pies, you can only get food at half time by queuing for approx 15-20 minutes. who can be arsed with that?

btw ROMANOV GTF.

If you normally sit there then surely you'll have realised that, pies or no pies, you can only get food at half time by queuing for approx 15-20 minutes. who can be arsed with that?

btw ROMANOV GTF.

Depends where you sit. Despite its limitations, lower T has a fairly low pie to hungry jambo ratio which is usually quite good.

They still ran out of steak and mince on Saturday though :)

Shocking.

It will be all those gloryhunters who were there.

MackaysCentreSpot

I really find it strange that they run out of pies for fans yet when the Stewards all come out of the Main Stand after the game and they are all stuffing their faces with pies.

Just an observation.

I really find it strange that they run out of pies for fans yet when the Stewards all come out of the Main Stand after the game and they are all stuffing their faces with pies.

Just an observation.

I think they usually get the left overs from the Gorgie Suite.

Why they cant just transfer some from their up to the stand I do not know - but I am almost 100% sure they just ge the cold left overs from hospitality.

MackaysCentreSpot
I think they usually get the left overs from the Gorgie Suite.

Why they cant just transfer some from their up to the stand I do not know - but I am almost 100% sure they just ge the cold left overs from hospitality.

Maybe mate. I wish they would get the catering staff to come around the stand selling pies again. They done it for one game and never seemed to try it again.

Anyone else remember that?

jamtartsandbees
WELL THAT IS SAD BUT I HAVE SAD STORY ALSO

My wee girl was at me to buy her a hot choclate so I did

and it was roastin but she was so happy that she got it so she waited for it too cool down whilst watchinh the Hearts after waiting about ten mins for it she picked it up ......Driver Bangs the goal in THEN she drops it :sad: and could not get another as the pie shop had shut :mad: poor wee thing cried for a bit :sad::sad:

Driver eh, inconsiderate little sod!

The People's Chimp
Maybe mate. I wish they would get the catering staff to come around the stand selling pies again. They done it for one game and never seemed to try it again.

Anyone else remember that?

It was a decent idea. But, this being hearts, it was soon seen to be helpful, probably boosting business and was therefore quickly dropped.

It may have been an anderton idea, which of course would have seen it quickly binned by the mad one.

ROMANOV GTF.

Shocking.

You didnt miss anything mate

My "pie" was 95% pastry, 3% gravy and 2% steak. Never had such an empty and disappointing pie (;)) in my puff...

On the morning of the Hull game it was raining and I had 2 toddlers with me, so I managed to talk my way into a short cut through the Gorgie Road stand en route to the shop from the ticket office. On the way back they had just put all the grub next to the food stalls for later, so after paying absurd prices for the usual shoddy merchandise, I was feeling a bit miffed and debated sticking a tray of pies in one of the carrier bags (which amazingly you don't have to pay for yet) as there was no-one about. Thank feck the CCTV camera put a stop to that by the sound of it.

My "pie" was 95% pastry, 3% gravy and 2% steak. Never had such an empty and disappointing pie (;)) in my puff...

Thats why you should get a scotch pie.

On the morning of the Hull game it was raining and I had 2 toddlers with me, so I managed to talk my way into a short cut through the Gorgie Road stand en route to the shop from the ticket office. On the way back they had just put all the grub next to the food stalls for later, so after paying absurd prices for the usual shoddy merchandise, I was feeling a bit miffed and debated sticking a tray of pies in one of the carrier bags (which amazingly you don't have to pay for yet) as there was no-one about. Thank feck the CCTV camera put a stop to that by the sound of it.

You dont stay in Wester Hailes do you? Can just imagine you trying to sell a bag full of pies at the center :P:p

MackaysCentreSpot

So you actually debated showing the 2 toddlers that were with you that it is ok to just help yourself to something that is not yours and that you had not paid for.

Did you consider just helping yourself to the shoddy merchandise as well?

Puff pastry presumably.

Coat

:eek:

GC

So you actually debated showing the 2 toddlers that were with you that it is ok to just help yourself to something that is not yours and that you had not paid for.

Did you consider just helping yourself to the shoddy merchandise as well?

The clue was in the "as there was no-one about". As you may or may not have read on several of the drunken escapades threads in the Shed, I am more of an opportunist tea-leaf than an habitual criminal. ;)

Thats why you should get a scotch pie.

I'd already had two for breakfast....

I am starved of a decent pie south of the border so was making up for lost time (if not lost weight).

I felt 2 scotch, 1 steak & gravy was the correct combination.

Clearly I was wrong and will know better next time. Although to be honest next time I'll probs just load up pre-match in the local bakers

MackaysCentreSpot
The clue was in the "as there was no-one about". As you may or may not have read on several of the drunken escapades threads in the Shed, I am more of an opportunist tea-leaf than an habitual criminal. ;)

Oh well that's ok then.

Why did you not say that in the first place.

Going by the highlighted section of your reply, the obvious next question is, where you drunk then at the Hull game then?

:)

Shocking.

The Catering company at tynie are indeed crap, I was lucky enough to secure a pie at half time but it was cold. :rolleyes:

The pies are magic, I always get one before the game.

Anybody noticed how the a coke has went up in price, yet down in volume since last season?

Brian Whittaker's Tache

Service in the old stand is woeful at best

2 servers and less than half a brain between them

You got to miss at least 5 minutes of the first half if you want served at half time (and the pies are rank)

I'm taking a flask next week

Captain Lithuania
You dont stay in Wester Hailes do you? Can just imagine you trying to sell a bag full of pies at the center :P:p

I stay in Wester Hailes. Trying to say we are thieves hmm?

Think before you act next time, eh mate?

The pies are magic, I always get one before the game.

Anybody noticed how the a coke has went up in price, yet down in volume since last season?

EEN says coke prices are dropping... ;)

Archived