question about HD

jamboinheaven

jamboinheaven

i have just bought a sony bravia,and a playstation 3 ,i have a hdmi cable connected,just not got a blu ray disc yet but playing so called hd games but not that impressed?can i achieve the hd experince with my set up ?

jamboinheaven
When you plugged it in did it detect your HD TV?

i think so it is set up as auto detect,and jumps from 1080 to 720 when i play tiger woods?is my tv good enough for hdtv?

Yup.

If you want a couple of disks to really show off the HD capabilities I would recommend Planet Earth, Band of Brothers or any Pixar movie. Really good quality.

Do you have any cables linking the PS to the TV other than the HDMI cable?

Captain Lithuania
i think so it is set up as auto detect,and jumps from 1080 to 720 when i play tiger woods?is my tv good enough for hdtv?

It's nothing to do with your TV. It's the actuall game that's set to 720p. Nothing you can do. It really frustrates me, I have a full HD TV and the games aren't even full HD.

does your ps3 not have a setting menu for output where you need to change it to highest / best resolution .... as it will be preset to the basic cables that come with it. don't own a ps3 so cant help you.

jamboinheaven
Yup.

If you want a couple of disks to really show off the HD capabilities I would recommend Planet Earth, Band of Brothers or any Pixar movie. Really good quality.

Do you have any cables linking the PS to the TV other than the HDMI cable?

no just the hdmi cable that cost 40 quid i know they go up to 70 or 80 but could not afford that as weel as tv and playstation,i guess i just need to wait until i get blue ray discs then,i just hoped games would be more stunning

no just the hdmi cable that cost 40 quid i know they go up to 70 or 80 but could not afford that as weel as tv and playstation,i guess i just need to wait until i get blue ray discs then,i just hoped games would be more stunning

The cost of the cable doesn't make a huge amount of difference. You were right to stick with the cheaper one.

Monica Bellucci dressed in nothing but a santa hat. Failing that, peace on earth.

Swing and a miss

The Xmas wish thread is that-a-way ^ :P

The cost of the cable makes absolutely no difference to the quality. A ?5 HDMI cable will do exactly the same job and at the same quality as an ?80 one. Unlike, say, a SCART cable which is analogue therefore the quality of material etc can affect the signal. HDMI is a digital signal, therefore it is either there in it's full glory or it isn't.

I've never been particularly blown away by any games in HD, just wait till you whap in an actual Blu-Ray film/programme though. As someone else said, Planet Earth looks amazing!

Miller Jambo 60
i have just bought a sony bravia,and a playstation 3 ,i have a hdmi cable connected,just not got a blu ray disc yet but playing so called hd games but not that impressed?can i achieve the hd experince with my set up ?

Yes want me to send the bairn round to set it up:)

jamboinheaven
The cost of the cable makes absolutely no difference to the quality. A ?5 HDMI cable will do exactly the same job and at the same quality as an ?80 one. Unlike, say, a SCART cable which is analogue therefore the quality of material etc can affect the signal. HDMI is a digital signal, therefore it is either there in it's full glory or it isn't.

I've never been particularly blown away by any games in HD, just wait till you whap in an actual Blu-Ray film/programme though. As someone else said, Planet Earth looks amazing!

i think i have planet earth for a christmas pressie,ok im raking the cupboards like a bairn

i think i have planet earth for a christmas pressie,ok im raking the cupboards like a bairn

personally i prefer a samsung tv or a panasonic tv.

Sony tv's are not what they used to be, they are made up of parts from all other brands.

jamboinheaven
personally i prefer a samsung tv or a panasonic tv.

Sony tv's are not what they used to be, they are made up of parts from all other brands.

ok i will throw it out the window then

play a game on it, then plug your ps3 back into an old tv, you will notice the difference then.

I was playing my 360 on my panasonic plasma, thinking aye its nice but not earth shattering, plugged it back into my crt that night and then you really realise the difference

ok i will throw it out the window then

Nothing wrong with Sony TV's mate although you do pay a bit more of build quality.

I think you were maybe expecting to much from your games ? Fifa and Tiger look top notch on my sony. If you have just got it I would say your tv is not set up correctly. It takes a fair bit of fiddling to get the settings correct. The picture on the tv on initial set up is poor compared to what it is capable off.

jamboinheaven
Nothing wrong with Sony TV's mate although you do pay a bit more of build quality.

I think you were maybe expecting to much from your games ? Fifa and Tiger look top notch on my sony. If you have just got it I would say your tv is not set up correctly. It takes a fair bit of fiddling to get the settings correct. The picture on the tv on initial set up is poor compared to what it is capable off.

i was playing games on pc until pc got out of date so maybe was expecting more

i was playing games on pc until pc got out of date so maybe was expecting more

Did you do anything with the settings or just leave it ?

jamboinheaven
Did you do anything with the settings or just leave it ?

i left it and not sure how to mess with settings,do you mean tv settings or settings on playstation?

i left it and not sure how to mess with settings,do you mean tv settings or settings on playstation?

TV settings, when you first switch it on the pre-set settings are shocking.

What TV model is it ?

Just a word to the wise, although its too late for you now. Never, never buy the expensive HDMI cables. Its a digital connection, so that means the cheaper cables are every bit as good as the expensive ones. Shops selling these have been ripping customers off for ages.

Was told this by John Lewis repair man who came to replace my Samsung Blue Ray player as it never worked from day one.

Guest Fabuloso

Anyone out there had issues with Sky HD? I'm on my fourth box in two months. Main issues are to do with lip sync and juddering picture (occasional). Full signal strength etc. As an aside the customer service is the worst I can remember.

Carl Spackler
Just a word to the wise, although its too late for you now. Never, never buy the expensive HDMI cables. Its a digital connection, so that means the cheaper cables are every bit as good as the expensive ones. Shops selling these have been ripping customers off for ages.

Was told this by John Lewis repair man who came to replace my Samsung Blue Ray player as it never worked from day one.

It's an absolute disgrace that they continue with the sham. The high street electrical retailers are the worst for it.

Regardless of how good your system is mucking about with the settings for a while is a good idea.

I find HD looks best on games that have a huge scale and realism to them, top films, recent TV series and the football on Sky.

Archived