Hearts after a new keeper

Chaps

In the news of the world they are reporting that we are in a battle with hibs and swansea to sign highly-rated jonny tuffey from partick thistle.

Better than the 'keepers we currently have but I'd only sign him if we got rid of a couple.

Seen much of him have you?

In the news of the world they are reporting that we are in a battle with hibs and swansea to sign highly-rated jonny tuffey from partick thistle.

Just have to hope he is better than the last keeper we signed from Partick !

Seen much of him have you?

No, I've seen him a couple of times and he's looked good, he's also had good reviews. Ok, maybe it's a bit premature to say he's better than what we have, but he seemed it.:)

WorldChampions1902

Looks like a straight fight between us and Swansea then?

The lad will be acutely aware that a move to the Hobbitts will end his career given that the club is a graveyard for keepers. :rolleyes:

Its an interesting one

Only 21 so still developing, looking at another site he seems to be rated as one of the best keepers in the 1st division (along with Paul Gallagher).

Apparently has come onto a game this season and there saying its down to the coaching he is now getting.

A bit of a mehish signing, could be good, could be bad.

I still think we need to be looking for a proven number 1 as I cant say any of the ones on our books or Tuffey fill me with confidence of a top SPL keeper at this time.

Ive suggested it before and I will say it again. Iain Turner, surely at 24 he wants first team football.

Its an interesting one

Only 21 so still developing, looking at another site he seems to be rated as one of the best keepers in the 1st division (along with Paul Gallagher).

Apparently has come onto a game this season and there saying its down to the coaching he is now getting.

I still think we need to be looking for a proven number 1 as I cant say any of the ones on our books or Tuffey fill me with confidence of a top SPL keeper at this time.

Ive suggested it before and I will say it again. Iain Turner, surely at 24 he wants first team football.

Wages would be a problem, I'd imagine.

The fact that he's been capped by N.Ireland at 21 and while playing for a poor Partick team in the Scottish 1st division says there must be something about him.

If it means Balogh goes back to where he came from more the better

Its an interesting one

Iain Turners a proven number 1? He's probably played less first team games than Jamie MacDonald.

I know Balogh's loan deal runs out in January, but for me it wouldnt make sense to play him each week if Csaba had no intention of keeping him. Jamie Mac, or Kello should be playing instead if Baloghs moving on. Unless of course Jamie Mac or Kello are being punted instead.

Iain Turners a proven number 1? He's probably played less first team games than Jamie MacDonald.

Iain Turner - 56 1st team appearances (4 in Prem + 16 in Championship) 19 clean sheets (2 in Prem + 6 in Championship)

Jamie MacDonald - 52 1st team appearances (1 at Hearts 51 at QOS) don't have clean sheet record sorry.

Iain Tuner has played more games at a higher level and has had a decent return on clean sheets but whenever I've seen him I've always though he looked a bit of a flapper. Can't get past the fact that when I look at him I keep thinking of Rab 'the brickie' Douglas

I know Balogh's loan deal runs out in January, but for me it wouldnt make sense to play him each week if Csaba had no intention of keeping him. Jamie Mac, or Kello should be playing instead if Baloghs moving on. Unless of course Jamie Mac or Kello are being punted instead.

IF this is true I would be concerned if I were Jamie Mac that we are signing someone about the same age as him.

Iain Turner - 56 1st team appearances (4 in Prem + 16 in Championship) 19 clean sheets (2 in Prem + 6 in Championship)

Jamie MacDonald - 52 1st team appearances (1 at Hearts 51 at QOS) don't have clean sheet record sorry.

Iain Tuner has played more games at a higher level and has had a decent return on clean sheets but whenever I've seen him I've always though he looked a bit of a flapper. Can't get past the fact that when I look at him I keep thinking of Rab 'the brickie' Douglas

Cheers, thought it was pretty close.

Worth noting aswell that 25 of those appearances were with Stirling Albion and Chester City pre-2005.

Cheers, thought it was pretty close.

Worth noting aswell that 25 of those appearances were with Stirling Albion and Chester City pre-2005.

Bugger, good point I was going to put that in, he's not played a first team game since season 2006/2007 which for a 24 year old keeper there could be a risk he's gone backwards

I'd sign this guy and let him and young Jamie battle for the gloves. Bin Balogh and Kello. Build for the future with a nice Scottish contingent.

I'd sign this guy and let him and young Jamie battle for the gloves. Bin Balogh and Kello. Build for the future with a nice Scottish contingent.

Tuffey's Northern Irish:p

I had read elsewhere that QOTS will be signing Jamie Macdonald on a permanent deal in the January window oncer their loan keeper returns to Killie.

Given his deal is up wouldnt be surprised if true as he isnt getting a look in for the number 1 jersey

Archived