Lee Wallace (merged threads)

Benzinho

Had a dodgy start to the season but has settled down in the last few games and has been much improved, both at the back and going forward. Today in particular, he and Driver linked up really well.

Wallace is a great prospect capable of playing for a far better team than hearts.

Its amazing how a few weeks change things, not long ago he and neilson were the reason we were crap

loveofthegame
Wallace is a great prospect capable of playing for a far better team than hearts.

Its amazing how a few weeks change things, not long ago he and neilson were the reason we were crap

I agree hes potentially class, have said it ever since that night at Killie when he scored in the Scottish. His development has slowed since Burley left but still could become a top quality player. Has skill and the ability to beat a man that very few others within the squad have.

Yeh Wallace is really showing this season the why he was so touted as a teenager. He seems to be thriving from actually having a real manager in charge. Long may it continue.

Looks like Wallace has been told to be more direct as he's looked the part going forward and is improving his defensive capabilities. A Scotland cap in the future surely, especially as Burley has few options at left back. Hutton and Wallace down the flanks would be a great combo.

In the last few games we have looked particularly dangerous when Lee Wallace makes a run down the line. He also appears to be a good reader of the game. Last Wednesday, when Driver and Obua didn't play too well, Wallace didn't have the confidence to run down the line, but he played the long ball up for Aguiar to head on for Nade's goal. Today, with Driver playing well, Wallace made some great runs and at one point took on 3 defenders and almost forced his way through for a goal. He linked up really well with Driver and Aguiar today and looked very impressive. He's becoming a quality left back and people should be giving him a lot more credit.

Miller Jambo 60

PRANCER what better team we are the team:)

Getting back to the form he should when he first broke into the first team.

Remember his debut? The Scottish Cup replay at Rugby Park. Class.

Broxburn Jambo

:balmoral:

Looks like Wallace has been told to be more direct as he's looked the part going forward and is improving his defensive capabilities. A Scotland cap in the future surely, especially as Burley has few options at left back. Hutton and Wallace down the flanks would be a great combo.

Now look what you've done, tipped him for a Scotland cap.

The SFA and the media will make us sell him to the OF:rolleyes:

Think i watched a different game.

He looked not bad but gave the ball away a fair few times, especially in the first half.

I actually like him but reckon today wasnt his best of days.

Miller Jambo 60
Had a dodgy start to the season but has settled down in the last few games and has been much improved, both at the back and going forward. Today in particular, he and Driver linked up really well.

HE IS SOLID MATE.:)

Dougstar Mid boot boy Ma Ha

Getting back to the form he should when he first broke into the first team.

Remember his debut? The Scottish Cup replay at Rugby Park. Class.

I'm sure he scored as well, beat a couple of players then hit a screamer.

Its good to see Lee playing well again but what do you think Csaba try playing him further forward I think he would be more effective playing there.

Grumpy.

MackaysCentreSpot
Think i watched a different game.

He looked not bad but gave the ball away a fair few times, especially in the first half.

I actually like him but reckon today wasnt his best of days.

Yes I think you did watch a different game today as you were not watching the same Wallace as I was.

I think today was one of his better days so far this season.

Yes I think you did watch a different game today as you were not watching the same Wallace as I was.

I think today was one of his better days so far this season.

Nope.

I think YOU watched a different game. :rolleyes:

If he keeps playing like he has for the last few weeks Burley has to consider him, afterall apart from Gary Naismith who else has he got to compete with, not Broadfoot thats for sure.

Impressed with him in the last few games compared to his early season form.

Would like to see him get forward more.

Seems to have gained confidence from a run of games which is helping him a lot.

Would like to see him get forward more.

I thought he linked really well with Driver and Bruno in the first half.

Second half he was more curtailled offensively as he spent half his time being left exposed by Obua.

Was disappointed with Lee a Falkirks opener. He could easily have got to that ball

I'll have to disagree with you there Gadgey, I'm sure if he could have got to it he would have. After all, why would he let the ball go in the net if he could have kept it out ?

Perth to Paisley

Thought an excellent 1st half - did okay in secod

And as for getting to their goal - Allan Wells in his prime wouldn't have caught it.

Gone through his period of fan abuse and come out a much better player.

Looking forward to Zal getting better as well.

Miller Jambo 60
Lee had no chance at all of getting to the ball for their goal.

Lee is a great player and will grow on now to become a cap for scotland.:)

Dougstar mad jambo bassa

Lee had disappointed me in recent seasons but the lad appears to have knuckled down and today was solid defensively and tried to get forward at every opportunity, well played son

Generic Username

I've no idea how or when it happened but Lee Wallace is slowly but surely turning into a good left back.

Thought his first half performance today was absolutely outstanding. His link up play with Driver was great to watch.

Agree with most of the comments posted. He is developing into a reasonable player. Be interesting to see how he copes with better players running at him but looks ok just now. Still not totally convinced but Driver and him looked fairly comfortable going forward until Obua took Driver's wing in the second half.

I've no idea how or when it happened but Lee Wallace is slowly but surely turning into a good left back.

Thought his first half performance today was absolutely outstanding. His link up play with Driver was great to watch.

Totally agree.

Lee was poor at the start of the season but has improved greatly over the last few games.

I thought he was superb yesterday..

Totally different player

Well done Lee.

:thumb:

Where are all those fans that were slating him off early this season now? I thought he had a great game. First half looked a threat going forward and the second half he did well defending even though he wasnt given much help from Obua. Seems more confident recently.

Where are all those fans that were slating him off early this season now? I thought he had a great game. First half looked a threat going forward and the second half he did well defending even though he wasnt given much help from Obua. Seems more confident recently.

There was a period of the season where he was murder, i can remember 3 games in a row where he was poor. The problem was we had no-one to play left back so Shabba kept him in the team. What he has done is get focused and work harder, we have to remember that he is still a young lad and will go thru a bad period. I thought yesterday he was outstanding, him and driver linked up really well.

I will admit he wasnt playing to the best of his ability for a spell. But the abuse he was getting on here was terrible. Im glad he has proved all those doubters wrong but Im sure they will be back to have a go at him once he makes a mistake. If not him then it will be somebody else soon.

does he not play better for the Scotland U-21 team in central midfield where he can concentrate on his forward running?

It just seems to go unnoticed, but over the years there have been several posters ( guys who know his background ) who'll tell you that he's always been a MF player - NOT A FULLBACK !

If we can get him playing well there though, along with Eggy on the right, then we are going to have far more creativity going forward up the flanks from deep positions.

On that note.. Did anyone see the wee passing combo he had with Ruben(? ) on the left wing in the 2nd half - couple of gorgeous wee one-twos over the heads of the Falkirk marking players ...........sweet :)

you could go through all the posts on here and dig people up on wgat they have said about wallace.but.you will only be finding people that know nothing about how football should and is played.

He seems to be thriving from actually having a real manager in charge. Long may it continue.

spot on. players like lee, especially at the age they come into the first team, need guidance from a manager who knows what he is doing.

well done lee, keep up the good work

jamboinglasgow

To me this is what the value of Csaba is. I think it is true that the fact we have a real manager does help players confidence but I think Csaba definatly knows how to develop them further. Csaba has always spoken highly of wallace and people have questioned that early on but Lee is now paying him back. Hopefully he keeps going on and on with the development.

I think it will be noticable at the end of the season what a difference he has made with the players in terms of coming on with their game and developing. I think Csaba and the quiet but very important Burger are bringing the players especially the youngsters on alot.

Great to see Wallace's form improving. He has so much potential.

With one additional centre half to play beside Neilson, Berra and Wallace we could have one of the best defences in the league.

Snake Plissken
Great to see Wallace's form improving. He has so much potential.

With one additional centre half to play beside Neilson, Berra and Wallace we could have one of the best defences in the league.

Agreed.

Guest Dipped Flake

Thought Wallace was brilliant yesterday. I agree with most that he is best going forward but his defensive work has improved also.

Despite his awkward looking running style, I like Lee.

He's a good player, rather than a great one. Perhaps one of those who has gained the most under Csaba.

Buffalo Bill

Yes he has improved greatly in the last few games and is starting to look more like the player he was a couple of seasons back.

The worry is now that his form is improving will Rangers renew their interest in him as they desperately need a left back to cover or replace Papac.

MackaysCentreSpot
Nope.

I think YOU watched a different game. :rolleyes:

Nope.

I think you watched a different game to all of us. :rolleyes:

Archived