A Guide To A Quick Meal/Snack

Guest juvehearts

Guest juvehearts

Hello Fellow JKb'ers,

As some of you know I am A chef. We were having a argument/discussion as to what is the quickest, fastest & cheapest meal to make this week, so we had a compitition to see who can come up from scratch the quickest, cheapest & tastiest meal.

Happy to say I won with My legendary Spannish Omilette.

some of my mates & my family always fone me & ask me questions or ask for advice/ tips and now we have a global credit crunch puls money is tight for everyone i have along with my workmates a complete list of what is cheap & quick to make AND it doesnt have to be from scratch lol.

1. Beans on toast. ?1.50 the student meal!
  2. Pot Noodle ?0.90p a good source of energy :P
  3. Soup, (depends) Scotch Broth is my fav.
  4. Chicken strips cooked with Mushrooms, peppers and worcester sauce, served in a pitter with a side salad and new potato's
  5. Pasta with a soup and bacon
  6. Spagetti bolognaise
  7. Mac & cheese
  8. Pizza, home made or frozen.
  9. Cooked pasta with Tuna Sweetcorn and Mayo
  10. Home made potato wedges with bacon and or cheese
  11. Microwave rice/cous cous mixed with a Vegetable soup, turns a snack into a meal
  12. Cous Cous with a vegetable stock cube & some kind of meat or fish
  13. Minced beef with onions, carrots, peas and gravy in a giant yorkshire pud!
  14. Mince & Tatties
  15. Any kind of Pasta bake
  16. Lasagna
  17. Baked Tatties
  18. chilli con carne, home made or out the tin.
  19. cheesy Tattie Pie
  20. cauliflower cheese
  21. Corn beef hash (corn beef, mashed tatties & beans)
  22. Something called Scouse (from my Auntie in Liverpool)........Throw cubed tatties, diced lamb shoulder, carrots, onions, (enought to cover) and 2 oxo cubes in a big pot. cook for 2-3 hours till the meats falling apart. People put beetroot, or pickled red cabbage with it. You can add any veg you like to it, I sometimes add some frozen peas in for the last 5 mins of cooking. (i call it ***** food)
  23. fajitas
  24. enchlaida's woth sour cream & guacemoli.
  25. sausage beans and onions with gravy (mashed or diced tatties also)
  26. Sausage cassarole
  27. My favourite of all time is.......... Kedgeree, it has to be arbroath smokies! egg & rice, with milk & some butter. some people add tumeric or madras curry powder, ken a spice. all good
  28. cheesy brocolli bake, Frozen brocolli mashed down with grated cheeze baked for 20 mins. BARRY!
  29. This one is from my wee commis chef...................Spicy Beans in Pitta Pockets

Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, Add the tomatoes, stock and soy sauce. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a fast simmer and cook for about 15 minutes or until the sauce begins to thicken. Stir in the mustard and beans and cook ,Warm the pitta then slice in half and spoon in the bean mixture.

Thats 29 so far, ive got 000's but kannae be bothered listing the lot.

here is the challenge to all, get your thinking caps on & add your favourites here.

Juve.

This one is healthy as it uses no oil - Chicken Divan

Cook some broccolli and chicken breast (steaming is good;)). Mix together a tin of condensed soup (chicken or mushroom), a few spoons of mayonnaise, lemon juice and curry powder. Spoon the mix over the broccolli and chicken, the sprinkle the top with a mix of grated cheese and breadcrumbs. Put in the oven for about half an hour. Pure barry.

Bagel, camembert, salami.

Lightly toast the bagel, chuck in the fillings, whack in non-stick frying pan for couple of minutes on each side (lowish heat), pushing down on it with your hand every now and again (spatulas are for poofs).

You can make eight for less than four quid, easy.

Miller Jambo 60
Hello Fellow JKb'ers,

As some of you know I am A chef. We were having a argument/discussion as to what is the quickest, fastest & cheapest meal to make this week, so we had a compitition to see who can come up from scratch the quickest, cheapest & tastiest meal.

Happy to say I won with My legendary Spannish Omilette.

some of my mates & my family always fone me & ask me questions or ask for advice/ tips and now we have a global credit crunch puls money is tight for everyone i have along with my workmates a complete list of what is cheap & quick to make AND it doesnt have to be from scratch lol.

1. Beans on toast. ?1.50 the student meal!
  2. Pot Noodle ?0.90p a good source of energy :P
  3. Soup, (depends) Scotch Broth is my fav.
  4. Chicken strips cooked with Mushrooms, peppers and worcester sauce, served in a pitter with a side salad and new potato's
  5. Pasta with a soup and bacon
  6. Spagetti bolognaise
  7. Mac & cheese
  8. Pizza, home made or frozen.
  9. Cooked pasta with Tuna Sweetcorn and Mayo
  10. Home made potato wedges with bacon and or cheese
  11. Microwave rice/cous cous mixed with a Vegetable soup, turns a snack into a meal
  12. Cous Cous with a vegetable stock cube & some kind of meat or fish
  13. Minced beef with onions, carrots, peas and gravy in a giant yorkshire pud!
  14. Mince & Tatties
  15. Any kind of Pasta bake
  16. Lasagna
  17. Baked Tatties
  18. chilli con carne, home made or out the tin.
  19. cheesy Tattie Pie
  20. cauliflower cheese
  21. Corn beef hash (corn beef, mashed tatties & beans)
  22. Something called Scouse (from my Auntie in Liverpool)........Throw cubed tatties, diced lamb shoulder, carrots, onions, (enought to cover) and 2 oxo cubes in a big pot. cook for 2-3 hours till the meats falling apart. People put beetroot, or pickled red cabbage with it. You can add any veg you like to it, I sometimes add some frozen peas in for the last 5 mins of cooking. (i call it ***** food)
  23. fajitas
  24. enchlaida's woth sour cream & guacemoli.
  25. sausage beans and onions with gravy (mashed or diced tatties also)
  26. Sausage cassarole
  27. My favourite of all time is.......... Kedgeree, it has to be arbroath smokies! egg & rice, with milk & some butter. some people add tumeric or madras curry powder, ken a spice. all good
  28. cheesy brocolli bake, Frozen brocolli mashed down with grated cheeze baked for 20 mins. BARRY!
  29. This one is from my wee commis chef...................Spicy Beans in Pitta Pockets

Heat the oil in a saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, Add the tomatoes, stock and soy sauce. Bring to the boil, then reduce to a fast simmer and cook for about 15 minutes or until the sauce begins to thicken. Stir in the mustard and beans and cook ,Warm the pitta then slice in half and spoon in the bean mixture.

Thats 29 so far, ive got 000's but kannae be bothered listing the lot.

here is the challenge to all, get your thinking caps on & add your favourites here.

Juve.

Heinz Tomato soup ,cheese and pickle on Plain bread mmm.

And a pump at the wife ma ha

tattie soup, stovies , canny beat any of them , a long with home made bread (well the ones that u heat up)

Heinz Tomato soup ,cheese and pickle on Plain bread mmm.

And a pump at the wife ma ha

If you dont mind getting the bedsheets dirty why not combine the two?:eek:

Cheese toasties- simple, quick and delicious.

Good shout man!

Infact am away to make some just now...;)

Archived