Berra

gorgie blizzard

gorgie blizzard

I thought he was immense today.

Seemed to win every header especially 2nd half.

He seems to get better every week. An absolute rock!

best in the land
I thought he was immense today.

Seemed to win every header especially 2nd half.

He seems to get better every week. An absolute rock!

would still like us to bring in an experienced CH to play alongside him in place of zaliukas(bombscare).

someone like elvis 5 years ago.not easy to get though.

loveofthegame

Different class today. My MOTM by a mile. Despite being fouled by Higdon every time they went up for a header he still won them all. I honestly don't know what we'd do if he got injured/suspended. Zali at fault AGAIN for the goal imo, although would like to see it again.

Well played Berra, unfortunately i doubt he'll be around next season but you never know.

Different class today. My MOTM by a mile. Despite being fouled by Higdon every time they went up for a header he still won them all. I honestly don't know what we'd do if he got injured/suspended. Zali at fault AGAIN for the goal imo, although would like to see it again.

Well played Berra, unfortunately i doubt he'll be around next season but you never know.

Was my Man of the Match too, he strolled it today.

He was excellent again today. He has also become more vocal and confident on the pitch.

He had a go at Balogh for not organising the wall when Falkirk had a free kick but one of their men was down injured..... Don't think he would have done that before.... Just a small thing but hopefully a good sign....

Thought Zali came onto a game today in the second half, he was his usal self in the first thoguh...

How Did Zali play?

It seems when the defence play badly its all Zali's fault, but when they play well its all Berra.

You might be on to something. :rolleyes:

How Did Zali play?

It seems when the defence play badly its all Zali's fault, but when they play well its all Berra.

Was at fault for their goal generally looked a bit like he wasn't interested

Never been the biggest Berra fan but I think that is more to do with me not seeing him as a captain. But this season I have been really really impressed with him.

Very rarely loses a challenge on the ground and air.

The fact that he is playing so well while beside Zal speaks volumes.

The fact that he is playing so well while beside Zal speaks volumes.

Correct, and its just as well he is as Zal continues to look shaky as feck.

I said when he first broke into the team that Christophe would captain Scotland one day and I still stand by that comment.

I'm convinced that the reason why players like Berra, Wallace and Driver are playing better this season is down to Csaba. While we may not play the beautiful football all the time the fact that these young players are improving so obviously in front of our eyes is testament to Csaba Laszlo.

thought berra was great today he has been the last couple of weeks.

berra played higdon brilliantly today higdon likes to jump early berra just stood off him then came in with the clearing header and looked composed throughout

Definately his best game this season, won everything that came near him and actually looked like a leader today.

I certainly don't think Zali is the worst defender in the league but he doesn't help himself sometimes, he just lacks concentration and has a lapse

For the goal it looks like he committed himself to go for a ball he wan't going to get and left a big hole behind him that Lovell ran into WTF was Balogh playing at though?

Thought Berra had a great game today when going forward, in defence though he still made simple errors (which are met with silence from the crowd).

Best game from him this season though imo.

Berra was outstanding - nothing new to be honest.

This lad was always going places - my fear is that he maybe away in January.

Christ i hope he stays but he will get a move to a bigger club and will be fully deserved.

To all you Berra knockers on here - and there were plenty.

Open your peepers, we have a truly excellent Centre Half and playing alongside a " bombscare " makes his performances even better

Well done Christophe

Thought Berra had a great game today when going forward, in defence though he still made simple errors (which are met with silence from the crowd).

Absolute pesh Gambo - you seem to be very Anti Berra in your posts.

I will really despair if we lose the lad and we have a centre back combination of Bombscare and Karapidis:mad:

Commander Harris

correct, good performance but quite a few mistakes that need to be ironed out.

not complaining too much though, 4 out of 4. :)

MackaysCentreSpot

What I do notice and today was the same, Berra seems to wait for the ball to bounce before heading or clearing it. A lot of the time he gets caught out by the bounce.

What really pleased me today was him taking on a Captains role and pointing out things and questioning the referee's decisions in a mature way.

He certainly is becoming the most consistent player of the season.

Libertonian_II

Berra was good, very very good in the second half. In the first half I thought he struggled against Higdon. While he's good in the air, his on-the-deck stuff is limited although he's beginning to make more runs forward. Good one in the second half. I think that Laszlo is maybe trying to get his defenders to be more adventurous.

Confidence is a wonderful thing. A lot of our best stuff was played after we went ahead

Absolute pesh Gambo - you seem to be very Anti Berra in your posts.

That will be why i gave him my MOTM. :rolleyes:

Are you trying to tell me he made no mistakes today??

berra did have one of his best game today. he's looking more and more like the stereotypical rock solid defender that is almost impossible to get around.

it's only a matter of time, perhaps a very short time, until one of the uglies swoop.

i would say rangers.

Archived