Family Guy

Dave Ross

After being shot down on the 'Least Funny Programme' thread, please tell me other people think it is an absolute stinker of a cartoon.

After being shot down on the 'Least Funny Programme' thread, please tell me other people think it is an absolute stinker of a cartoon.

dosent look like it, family guy is superb!

That's convinced me to write my own animated comedy. Must be easy to make millions.

Well you've failed to make me laugh in the last half hour but all the best fella!

Well you've failed to make me laugh in the last half hour but all the best fella!

When have I tried to make you laugh in the last half hour? Weird point!!!!

Are you being serious? Family Guys one of the few funny programmes left on telly.

Johanes de Silentio

Christ almighty, Dave - what the hell is wrong wi' you?

Any show that shows The Proclaimers getting a punch in the puss is worth watching!

Snake Plissken

Had this thread been posted a few weeks ago I would have disagreed with you while conceding that the last few seasons have been poor.

However, that was before I saw some of Season 7.

Now its slipped into the sea of $hyte and there is no coming back, the first few seasons (1-3) had been gold. I kept watching thereafter in the hope it would pick up again but aside from the occasional good episode it never really did.

I was almost finished with Family Guy after the "Petarded" episode which was so bad I felt insulted watching it. I gave it another chance and while it never really redeemed itself it never plummeted to those depths either.

Then came season 7.

I watched the episode with "new Brian" and when he treated Peter to a song about liking farts I knew I was done with Family Guy, I switched off there and then. Unsubtle, unfunny, uninspired garbage.

Just like the Simpsons I cannot bear to watch something that used to be good become so terrible. Like the Simpsons, Family Guy seems to have run out of ideas but due to its huge popularity will carry on and get worse and worse.

Farewell old friend.

Family Guy is the shizzle.

Season 7 is on the Christmas list.

Same.

It is the damage.

Along with Arrested Development the best comedy shows around at the moment.

i liked the first three series or so but just started to get a bit bored of it. South Park is the far better option. agree with the simpsons stuff that has been said, hard to watch it now knowing how brilliant the old stuff is.

Family Guy is great. Who cares if the storyline is pap? There's always a really, really sick joke just around the corner. And that makes me pleased.

Had this thread been posted a few weeks ago I would have disagreed with you while conceding that the last few seasons have been poor.

However, that was before I saw some of Season 7.

Now its slipped into the sea of $hyte and there is no coming back, the first few seasons (1-3) had been gold. I kept watching thereafter in the hope it would pick up again but aside from the occasional good episode it never really did.

I was almost finished with Family Guy after the "Petarded" episode which was so bad I felt insulted watching it. I gave it another chance and while it never really redeemed itself it never plummeted to those depths either.

Then came season 7.

I watched the episode with "new Brian" and when he treated Peter to a song about liking farts I knew I was done with Family Guy, I switched off there and then. Unsubtle, unfunny, uninspired garbage.

Just like the Simpsons I cannot bear to watch something that used to be good become so terrible. Like the Simpsons, Family Guy seems to have run out of ideas but due to its huge popularity will carry on and get worse and worse.

Farewell old friend.

I entirely agree. Try Drawn Together, American Dad or most anime out there (specifically Samurai Champloo) and you're sorted.

South Park is still pretty solid imho too.

Easily one of the funniest things ever on tv.

The first 3 seasons go up there with some of the best programmes ever, but season 4 onwards (including the movie) have been an inconsistent mess. Sometimes they have been enjoyable (season 5 is very good), but there are huge weaknesses. I prefer American Dad to later Family Guy.

Generic Username

One of the funniest shows to come on TV in the last 10 years.

Personally the latter series, 4 onwards aren't as good as 1 to 3 but it's still a stonker of a show.

Sergio Garcia

'Tis a hoot!!! I for one am a great fan of the show!!!

Recently just watched all six series again, due to illness and i far enjoyed my wee self!

I agree. The same can be said for South Park, Beavis and Butthead and any other US cartoons not mentioned already.

Cartoons are for kids, even if they do have political and adult orientated humour inserted.

I agree. The same can be said for South Park, Beavis and Butthead and any other US cartoons not mentioned already.

Cartoons are for kids, even if they do have political and adult orientated humour inserted.

nonsense!

Nah, I can't stand it either. People slate Little Britain for being lazy, crude and relying too much on slapstick and catchphrases yet the smae folk love Family Guy, it's basically the same sort of infantile humour but because it has a talking dog it's genius. It is the cartoon equivalent of the Scary Movie series. The writers don't understand satire so they just react things with stupid voices. Also, as I have said before, they pretty much ripped-off the Stewie character from How to be a little s*d - which was actually funny, unlike FG.

I pretty much agree with Taylor, it's success seems to be the result of some sort of cultish/bandwagon mentality, it's certainly not based on the quality of the show.

Futurama is 10,000 times superior in every way.

Archived