Chance to close gap

bigis semiauskas

bigis semiauskas

Confident of a win tomorrow which would set us up for the visit of Rangers next week.

Would think they will win this weekend so we could get to within 7 points of them with a win coming up to half way through the season,something nobody thought possible a few weeks back.

At least get stuck in about them and let them know they're in a game and not surrender meekly as we did against Celtic.

Champs League on way!

This crossed my mind but although it would be nice to close the gap, I think we should primarily be looking at widening the gap between us & the clubs that are currently below us.

Ill worry about Rangers at 5 o'clock tomorow night.

Yes we are on a good run of form (which im so happy with), but we arent convincing. Lets focus on getting behind the team for 3 points tomorow rather than thinking about one half of the bigot brothers the week after.

bigis semiauskas
Ill worry about Rangers at 5 o'clock tomorow night.

Yes we are on a good run of form (which im so happy with), but we arent convincing. Lets focus on getting behind the team for 3 points tomorow rather than thinking about one half of the bigot brothers the week after.

No not convincing but getting there,if we can keep it tight till Jan maybe we'll see some decent players coming in....not holding breath

the gap between us and rioters is not even a serious consideration. it was in 2005/2006... it aint now.

the OF operate in a diferent league, the rest just get the chance to score some buck-shee points against them.

bigis semiauskas
the gap between us and rioters is not even a serious consideration. it was in 2005/2006... it aint now.

the OF operate in a diferent league, the rest just get the chance to score some buck-shee points against them.

Celtic are in a league of their own,but i dont see that Broadfoot,Papac,Charlie Adam,Novo,Miller are superior to us.

Celtic are in a league of their own,but i dont see that Broadfoot,Papac,Charlie Adam,Novo,Miller are superior to us.

fair doos to you for being ambitious and having a massive faith in the team but it's not even on the radar tbh.

imo, there will be at least 20 points between the teams before the split.

winston churchill

i think we will win tomorrow.

but we will get our usual pumping next week.

as i said last week.

since the day souness arrived,one of rangers favourite fixtures is against us:(.

i think we will win tomorrow.

but we will get our usual pumping next week.

as i said last week.

since the day souness arrived,one of rangers favourite fixtures is against us:(.

Quit yer negativity!

mmm was going through my mind aswell but it will be a hard game and hearts will have to prove they can keep consident against them and not defend to deep like what we did against the tics

Tend to agree with Victorian here.If we can be consistant against most of the teams below us then third place is on.Anything from the old firm is,of course,welcome but lets walk before we can run,so to speak.

The signs are that the old firm will be streets ahead come the split so sitting third at that point would be a vast improvement on last season.The bottom six games last season should be used as a spur to make sure we don't have to go through such p*sh dressed up as football any time in the near future.

Confident of a win tomorrow which would set us up for the visit of Rangers next week.

Would think they will win this weekend so we could get to within 7 points of them with a win coming up to half way through the season,something nobody thought possible a few weeks back.

At least get stuck in about them and let them know they're in a game and not surrender meekly as we did against Celtic.

Champs League on way!

Hahahahahahahaha

Bigis, stick tae watchin yer Man u on Setanta/Sky ya PT.

ToaP six is our target as Shabba keeps telling us:rolleyes:

Dagger Is Back
This crossed my mind but although it would be nice to close the gap, I think we should primarily be looking at widening the gap between us & the clubs that are currently below us.

Spot on. They will be at least 20/25 points ahead of by the end of the season. It's us against the rest.

TBH I've given up looking for results/and or performances against the OF.

It's the rest we need to focus on. We could lose 8 time against the OF in a season and it wouldn't matter a monkeys toss as long as we took are of the rest.

As Boab said 'Walk before you can run' is a perfect summing up of our situation.

Saying that, a win against Falkirk (we've only got 1pt from our last 4 meetings tho) would certainly make Rangers wary.

The Rangers game has the advantage of not being a 'must win' so we'll be able to give Tullberg + any other returnees some game time and hopefully give another solid performance.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Jesus.

Just forget about the Old Firm, OK?

Keep in mind that we had a good start against the crap teams in the 1st round of fixtures and it was about now that we started to slide down the league.

I won't be surprised to see that happen again.

Jesus.

Keep in mind that we had a good start against the crap teams in the 1st round of fixtures and it was about now that we started to slide down the league.

:Agree:

Both halves of the OF will end up on more than 90 points IMO. 3rd place will end up on around 60 points. It's impossible to catch them without overspending to the point whereby you imperil your whole existence; and given we're cutting back, and likely to sell rather than buy in January, even 3rd remains a tall order in my view.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC
:Agree:

Both halves of the OF will end up on more than 90 points IMO. 3rd place will end up on around 60 points. It's impossible to catch them without overspending to the point whereby you imperil your whole existence; and given we're cutting back, and likely to sell rather than buy in January, even 3rd remains a tall order in my view.

It's amazing how much a few unconvincing wins against some of the worst teams in Britain can pull the wool over folks eyes.

Got to love football fans.

It's amazing how much a few unconvincing wins against some of the worst teams in Britain can pull the wool over folks eyes.

Got to love football fans.

Well - at least we've progressed, and 3rd place is never to be sneezed at whatever the circumstances. On a scale of 0-10, where 0 represents the lowest satisfaction level with the club possible and 10 the highest, I was at 0 in early July; but am probably at around 4 now. Fluctuating between 3 and 4, at least.

bigis semiauskas
Jesus.

I cant forget!

cos i still believe.

Have you been on the PVA this week Bigis?

Settle for 3 points today and point at best against Gers. Anything else would be a big surprise.

Guest JamboRobbo
I cant forget!

cos i still believe.

Loving your ambition mate, but so far this season, we've taken 18 of our 23 points against St Mirren, Inverness and Hamilton.

Other than that, we've only taken 5 points - a win over Motherwell, and a draw with Aberdeen and Hibs.

I think we should just concentrate on trying to take some points against the average sides, and keep ourselves in 3rd during the next 8 games.

If we do that, we'll be doing well.

The trouble of course is that if the side go a goal or a man down again against Rangers, then the manager will decide to go into damage limitation mode.

Then slate the fans afterward for their expectation that we should have a go against all the teams in the league.

Settle for 3 points today and point at best against Gers. Anything else would be a big surprise.

I'd rip your arms off at the sockets for that.

Rangers are an irrelevance to us in terms of league position. Its Dundee Utd, Aberdeen and Motherwell we should concern ourselves with.

Surely by concentrating on beating the teams around us simultaneously takes care of tryin to close the gap on Rangers.

I was ripped on here last week for even suggesting we could have a chance against Rangers which would make it 5 wins out of 5 (Providing we win today)

My reasoning at the time was if we win today that will be 4 out of last 4 and when teams start puttng runs like that together it builds a confidence and momentum. Rangers are no great team, and we pumped them last year with what i would say a team which was poorer both in moral and playing attitude. Had the Rangers match been at greyskull then it would be different but at Tynie we always have a chance. Theres talk of Tullberg being fully fit for the match and with Larry hopefully comin back and Obua as well, there could be a few decent players for once for Csaba to choose from, he has already hinted this week that 4-4-2 may be the system next week.

4-4-2 may be the system next week.

I honestly can't see him going 4-4-2 next week. Playing teams like Rangers is what the 4-5-1 system was made for.

If we go with 4 against their 5 in midfield next week they'll strangle us in there.

I'd guess Nade will start on his todd up front and if Tullberg is fit enough for a place on the bench he'll be the customary 60 minute sub for Nade instead of Mole.

bigis semiauskas

A Big surprise on way!

bigis semiauskas

Well Robbo did you like your surprise? have some PVA.

[/b]

Well Robbo did you like your surprise? have some PVA.

Well done, not many believed that we would win today. I certainly didn't.

scott herbertson
Well done, not many believed that we would win today. I certainly didn't.

From the first page of the match thread:

Jaffa Cakes are not biscuits - bring back the wagon wheels sponsorship

My head is sponsored by London Pride chicken jalfrezi and Cobra

and it says 2-1 to the jambos

Just shows you what excess alcohol , lack of sleep and fatty spicy food can do for your brain!

From the first page of the match thread:

Just shows you what excess alcohol , lack of sleep and fatty spicy food can do for your brain!

Well done to you! Hope you had a few quid on it.

Archived