Celtic fan jailed for 6 months!!!

grumpyjambo

Don't worry, the usual suspects will be along shortly to confirm it's probably not long enough.

I have to agree though it seems a tad harsh. In terms of the 'punishement fitting the crime' it seems disproportionate.

He had a previous conviction for BOP.....in the home end at Ibrox.

Walter.

Certainly puts a different slant on it. And the ned outfit he's got on is classic chav.

Commander Harris

Apparantly he was on bail already, thus the length of the sentence.

as has been said above, he was in the Rangers end at the liverpool game and got done for that too.

serial offender, got what he deserved.

regardless of how much of a slimy little turd he is, it very much is a sentence which is OTT, in comparison to other 'crimes'.

hell mend the bawbag mind you, i shant be losing too many hours of nocturnal downtime over it.

Dagger Is Back

Had it been someone else I would have been tempted to suggest that the sentence seemed excessive given the nanny state we now live in.

However, I'm prepared to make an exception in this acse. I might even buy a bar of soap and send it through to him c/o HMP. I'd then pray that he dropped it in the showers repeatedly.

Hopefully this will deter anyone from running onto the pitch during a game.

Whoever you support be it Hearts, Hibs, Rangers, Celtic or Hamilton, we are there to watch the match and support our team.

Yes other sentances seem soft in comparison but im afraid that is down to the judge doing the case.

Whoever you support be it Hearts, Hibs, Rangers, Celtic or Hamilton, we are there to watch the match and support our team.

Yes other sentances seem soft in comparison but im afraid that is down to the judge doing the case.

The poor guy must have got the judge at the wrong time of the month!! :eek:

"Furthermore, you brought Scottish football generally and Celtic Football Club in particular into disrepute and your behaviour caused the club to be fined a substantial amount."

Should that even come into it in term sof legality and sentencing?!

But he deserves it just for the way he looks! All neds must be exterminated.

Nucky Thompson
The poor guy must have got the judge at the wrong time of the month!! :eek:
Poor guy my erse:rolleyes: Maybe poor guy in the sense that he's not got a bolt and is a Weegie waster.

Well said.

Remember, you must stay seated for the full 90 minutes and not be a naughty boy.

Or you'll get no tea.

:)

Commander Harris
"Furthermore, you brought Scottish football generally and Celtic Football Club in particular into disrepute and your behaviour caused the club to be fined a substantial amount."

Should that even come into it in term sof legality and sentencing?!

But he deserves it just for the way he looks! All neds must be exterminated.

That the claimant is incapable of further defamation is a possible defence in a defamation case.

is there a parallel here? surely celtic can't be brought into more disrepute? ;)

Miller Jambo 60
Don't worry, the usual suspects will be along shortly to confirm it's probably not long enough.

I have to agree though it seems a tad harsh. In terms of the 'punishement fitting the crime' it seems disproportionate.

Majic hope the wee scrot has to search for the soap:p

[mod edit]

In breaking news Celtic have asked that this weekends game be postponed as a mark of respect.

yes and JKB criminal justice correspondent has reported that when the judge bellowed "SILENCE IN COURT".... the defendant's supporters all got up and clapped instead.

Well said.

Remember, you must stay seated for the full 90 minutes and not be a naughty boy.

Or you'll get no tea.

I hope that wasnt a dig at me. There is a difference between supporting your team and running on the pitch disrupting play and getting them into trouble.

And the award for the least unlikely thread title ever goes to.....................

Tynie Terror.

Congratulations mate :D

The Old Tolbooth

Did someone say poor guy???????

Jesus, he'll be loving this folks, a hot meal, a warm bed, soap (although will need to come with instructions), indorr toilets, sex every night, I mean what more could a tim ask for ffs?!?!

I don't get why anyone thinks its harsh

The guy has got this because of a significant previous criminal record and was apparently on bail orders at the time of the offence.

The criminal penalty isnt for this sole offence but a result of being a career petty crim.

Its just a shame they dont all get punished like this.

Miller Jambo 60

The guy has got this because of a significant previous criminal record and was apparently on bail orders at the time of the offence.

The criminal penalty isnt for this sole offence but a result of being a career petty crim.

Prancer if the birch was there that wee plank would qualify.

In breaking news Celtic have asked that this weekends game be postponed as a mark of respect.

:rofl::rofl:

Thats wot he gets for being a wee baw bag.. lol.. They should have taped him to the goal post and just blasted shots at him for an hour.. That would have teach the wee scrote a leason..;)

The Old Tolbooth

Cant argue with any of that Prancer. :)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Whats the sympathy all about?!

It's clear to anyone that the guy is a complete and utter tool and fully deserves what he gets.

I just can't understand how he has been done at both Rangers and Sellick games!

What a dickhead.

Hope he rots.

At first glance I too agreed that the sentence seemed a bit harsh but given he's got previous and doesn't seem to be learning the error of his ways, here's hoping the six months he gets will teach him how much of a tool he is. The question is - will he be treated as a hero by his fellow Celtic prisoners or will they get him for having brought the club into "disrepute" (difficult though, that happened a long time ago) and having got them fined?

Never ran on the pitch in a moment of pure ecstasy before then? I know I have St Mirren when Crabbo scored in extra time and when Magic scored his second at Ibrox.

Proud of both:cool:

And the award for the least unlikely thread title ever goes to.....................

Tynie Terror.

Congratulations mate :D

Thanks, where do I collect my prize? :P

I was wondering when you would make an appearance. :rolleyes:

More than happy to oblige. That's the type of great guy I am. :)

regardless of how much of a slimy little turd he is, it very much is a sentence which is OTT, in comparison to other 'crimes'.

hell mend the bawbag mind you, i shant be losing too many hours of nocturnal downtime over it.

If we are talking about comparisons, perhaps the other crimes you mention should have resulted in the offenders receiving longer sentences, appropriate to the crimes they committed.

The other angle is, I'll bet that you won't see many pitch invasions after this length of sentence. Perhaps a good precedent for all to note.

I can't help feeling a bit warm and glowy about this, bearing in mind the amount of bile and vitriol spouted by a lot of his type that never seems to get to court and goes unpunished.

yes and JKB criminal justice correspondent has reported that when the judge bellowed "SILENCE IN COURT".... the defendant's supporters all got up and clapped instead.

Made me laugh out loud !

jambogirlglasgow

Tynie Terror,

I'd love you to tell me who has ever been jailed for less than 6 months for causing death by dangerous driving.

Also- are you aware of the relevance of a criminal record, bail aggravations and the timing of a plea in relation to a sentence?

I presume you are prepared to admit that the Sheriff would have had that information to base her decision on?

Who minds of the lad who tried to attack the ref at the Derby at ER? Funnily enough, I know the lad who did it, and neever in a million years would you think he would do such a thing. Also, The nonsense that he was a carer and left some poor disabled person in the stand is keek.

Now that is funny ...:P

I hope the wee scrote gets thoroughly reamed

Why is this debate still going on?

The boy was banged up for breaching countless bail orders as opposed to this offence on its own.

If you think running around commiting plenty of petty crimes is fun then you deserve what you get.

Its just a shame they didnt all get banged up for 6 months. The only dissapointing thing here is that he will be out within a fraction of that :(

:biggrin:

Archived